Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

Oops just seen your in Brooklyn haha

Well, United took care of business. Shame. Would've loved to seen little Cambridge knock them out.

Oops just seen your in Brooklyn haha

Not been to a game in years as I been here in Brooklyn for over 14 years and always go back to Blighty in the off season.

Started off quarter of a mile from Roker Park, then Seaburn and a stint in Crook.

One of the good things about the States is we get to see any and all the Prem games, bad thing, the FA Cup has crap coverage.

Not been to a game in years as I been here in Brooklyn for over 14 years and always go back to Blighty in the off season.

Started off quarter of a mile from Roker Park, then Seaburn and a stint in Crook.

One of the good things about the States is we get to see any and all the Prem games, bad thing, the FA Cup has crap coverage.
Yeah I was hoping that the game was bring showed in the US so I could stream it. I'm from West Auckland so not too far from crook

Wow Liverpool left it late but couple of good finishes..

I got home in time to watch the last four minutes of stoppage time of the Liverpool game.

Ok Boston. I'm all ears.

In a few hours we'll be sitting at +5 with the big match up next weekend.

Predictions?

One thing for sure. Expect a lot of trash talk & violence in the next 7 days.

I predict the game will be stopped.

Meh, our team is being destroyed from the inside by that b*tch Vryzas, and Savvidis doesn't give a **** as long as he can launder his rubles through the team. I just want the team to play ball, but we don't have the coach that can get it done, and the players are playing like ****. Very frustrating. As soon as PAOK lost to Panetolikos, the "idea" of winning a championship went out the door. I told you before the season even began, we don't have a championship team, but the level self destruction is gross.

The fans are getting restless, and they attacked some players today and Anastasiadis offered his resignation. We're in no condition to be playing OSFP in Toumba....we just lost 3-1 to a team that almost got disqualified because they couldn't come up with $50K to play a player....meanwhile we've got over 6 players making $750K+/year....

Vryzas is the cancer that will not allow PAOK to go forward...like Pablo Garcia said a couple days ago "Ask Vryzas about me.....who is Aggelidis? Does he even exist?"

Perfect timing Smallville

Meh, our team is being destroyed from the inside by that b*tch Vryzas, and Savvidis doesn't give a **** as long as he can launder his rubles through the team. I just want the team to play ball, but we don't have the coach that can get it done, and the players are playing like ****. Very frustrating. As soon as PAOK lost to Panetolikos, the "idea" of winning a championship went out the door. I told you before the season even began, we don't have a championship team, but the level self destruction is gross.

The fans are getting restless, and they attacked some players today and Anastasiadis offered his resignation. We're in no condition to be playing OSFP in Toumba....we just lost 3-1 to a team that almost got disqualified because they couldn't come up with $50K to play a player....meanwhile we've got over 6 players making $750K+/year....

Vryzas is the cancer that will not allow PAOK to go forward...like Pablo Garcia said a couple days ago "Ask Vryzas about me.....who is Aggelidis? Does he even exist?"
looks like a disaster. If Olympiacos wins hell will break loose for your guys.

While everything now points to Olympiacos winning. The question is does a smart Oly fan want Oly to win. If we win then we are at +11. Make that 43 championships. Ok great. But the drawback of this is we shut down in the beginning of February with 4 months left to play.

We still have our sights on UEFA and big expectations. Domestic motivation will be gone and the team will be lethargic. Not a good mix.

Oh and something else. Pablo Garcia should worry more about beating the bottomfeaders like OFI & Panaitoliko rather than making bold statements about the Mafia that runs the league. No mafia ref'd or rigged those 2 games. PAOK's performance does not support the b-tching some keep rambling on about.

He did....Honestly, his "mafia" comments were very short, but his point was clear: We have no right to complain about anything if we're not playing ball and winning games.

I, personally, don't want to hear **** about Marinaki, Theodoridis, Kokkalis, stoimena, dirty ref's or ANYTHING until the team is playing ball. When the team starts playing ball, and we go out there and are genuinely robbed of something, then by all means let hell break loose. But when we haven't played a single decent 90 minute game, and have even gotten about 6-9 points on bad calls, we should shut our mouths and get to work.

Like Alefantos said on a show with raptopoulo, when the topic of Vierinha came up. "Afiste tis dikeologies kai parte kana paixti gia na doume ligo bala"

I can't argue with that.

He did....Honestly, his "mafia" comments were very short, but his point was clear: We have no right to complain about anything if we're not playing ball and winning games.

I, personally, don't want to hear **** about Marinaki, Theodoridis, Kokkalis, stoimena, dirty ref's or ANYTHING until the team is playing ball. When the team starts playing ball, and we go out there and are genuinely robbed of something, then by all means let hell break loose. But when we haven't played a single decent 90 minute game, and have even gotten about 6-9 points on bad calls, we should shut our mouths and get to work.

Like Alefantos said on a show with raptopoulo, when the topic of Vierinha came up. "Afiste tis dikeologies kai parte kana paixti gia na doume ligo bala"

I can't argue with that.
I applaud you. Wish everyone was like this.

Now will a PAOK win save things? Its tough. To much of a gap imho. We'll see.

Bro, I'm so sick of dealing with "komplexikoi" .... from both sides.

Oly won the championship this past Saturday when we lost to Panetolikos. With a win there and an "easy" win against OFI (lol) we would be battling in Toumba for something very different. We would be playing for a 1 point lead..., and holding our destiny in our own hands....instead, we're showing up, to try and save face in front of our fans. If I was Oly, I would play with my bench players. All of them. It's a win, win. If you beat us like that, it the ultimate FAPA...if you lose, who gives a ****, we're in the early stages of self destruction anyways, and you should be more worried about PAO than us...

Last edited:
Bro, I'm so sick of dealing with "komplexikoi" .... from both sides.

Oly won the championship this past Saturday when we lost to Panetolikos. With a win there and an "easy" win against OFI (lol) we would be battling in Toumba for something very different. We would be playing to tie up the points, and holding our destiny in our own hands (with an advantage due to the games between us)....instead, we're showing up, to try and save face in front of our fans. If I was Oly, I would play with my bench players. All of them. It's a win, win. If you beat us like that, it the ultimate FAPA...if you lose, who gives a ****, we're in the early stages of self destruction anyways, and you should be more worried about PAO than us...
It's amazing what can happen in 3 days. Yea 3 days ago you guys had hopes and dreams.

I agree with the 2nd string players 100%. I would do that also. And from what I have read Pereira is making many changes to the starting 11. This no longer is the big matchup we all anticipated just a few weeks back.

Not worried about Panathinaikos. They'll fall apart in a bad week with 3 games back to back.

If we win, we are within 5 points again. Then we need to pray that you lose 2 games (only upcoming games I see any chance of you guys dropping points is Astera, PAO, Xanthi and PAS). On top of that, we need to stay undefeated for the remainder of the season. I don't see either of those 2 scenarios happening, let alone both.

As an addition to the above comment, although I consider us winning the championship pretty impossible, it isn't completely out of reach for 2 simple reasons: Greek Cup and Europa League. It IS possible for Oly to drop some points if the schedule for Super League and Europa League work in our favor. Like playing PAO in the midst of 2 European games that matter would be key...and then PAS, Xanthi or Asteras in the midst of another EL of GC game....

The one thing most PAOKtzides are losing sight of is that the team MIRACULOUSLY overachieved. Being in 1st place by 5 points for close to 2 months wasn't a realistic goal in August. We were all starting to accept the fact that this was a rebuilding year or 2....then a few things went our way and all of a sudden people started having hope....hope is a dangerous thing. It raises expectations, and we all know what they say about high expectations....they bring even bigger disappointments. Unfortunately, PAOKtzides don't handle disappointment very well lol.

Now, for Sundays game. It falls on the 34th anniversary of the biggest tragedy in Greek sports history. I hope PAOK does the classy thing and prepares a little video montage, or some acknowledgement of the loss of life at Gate 7.... at the very least the same consideration they did for Benfica when they lost Eusebio.

Last edited:
Well said and great thoughts. It's not only with PAOK. We are fans that love or hate. Highs & lows.

I too thought about the Gate 7 tragedy anniversary and was curious how PAOK would handle it. It's the perfect opportunity for them to do incredible PR here. Pay respect and have a ceremony and to the public eye your a champ and 1st class organization. Don't do nothing and you'll get flamed for days and it will show how petty they are. We'll see.

But what would be classy is if Gate 4 does something on their own initiative. There is a huge opportunity here for them. If they do something they will be untouchable for a while till the next time they bring chaos to the pitch.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: When there’s more than one Premier League match with the same kick-off time, one will be available on an NBC-affiliated channel and the other(s) will be available on Premier League Extra Time. Premier League Extra Time channels are overflow channels available to TV subscribers who get NBCSN. All Premier League games are available via NBC Sports Live Extra.

Saturday, February 7:

• Tottenham vs Arsenal, 7:45am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Aston Villa vs Chelsea, 10am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Leicester vs Crystal Palace, 10am, NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Man City vs Hull, 10am, NBC Sports Live Extra
  • QPR vs Southampton, 10am, NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Swansea vs Sunderland, 10am, NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Everton vs Liverpool, 12:30pm, NBC or NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra

Sunday, February 8:

• Burnley vs West Brom, 7am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Newcastle vs Stoke, 9:05am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra
  • West Ham vs Manchester United, 11:15am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/#8S2gS1yo6fCc1cm5.99

Arsenal needs to get it together. Tied for 4th about where they always are but they need to do more than that. They never seem to be able to close.

Well said and great thoughts. It's not only with PAOK. We are fans that love or hate. Highs & lows.

I too thought about the Gate 7 tragedy anniversary and was curious how PAOK would handle it. It's the perfect opportunity for them to do incredible PR here. Pay respect and have a ceremony and to the public eye your a champ and 1st class organization. Don't do nothing and you'll get flamed for days and it will show how petty they are. We'll see.

But what would be classy is if Gate 4 does something on their own initiative. There is a huge opportunity here for them. If they do something they will be untouchable for a while till the next time they bring chaos to the pitch.

I have hope that they will do something. If they don't, I'll be at home shaking my head in disgust. I don't necessarily expect Gate 4 as an organization to go out of their way (although it would be a great sentiment) but I DO expect the club itself to do something.

Dangit.

Got to admit....I quite enjoy Harry Kane and this Tottenham team.....probably going to make my top 3 in deciding.

Harry Kane, he's one of our own!!

Compared to what this Spurs team did last year against the big clubs, so proud of this squad regardless of the table finish at the end.

Got to admit....I quite enjoy Harry Kane and this Tottenham team.....probably going to make my top 3 in deciding.
I will still be your friend. Even if you make this awful decision.

I'm just sitting here watching the morning matches waiting for my glutes to activate...
The North London Derby this morning was a great one for the neutrals...

Back