Win Tickets to the Masters Thanks to LostGolfBalls.com!

Just received this email from Lost Golf Balls:

Thank you for participating in our 2015 Masters Sweepstakes giveaway. We regret to inform you that due to Augusta National Golf Club regulations, we were asked to refrain from giving away Masters Tickets.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Here is a coupon for 20% off your next order at LostGolfBalls. Good until 2/28/15

Coupon Code: BFF21P

Same here v.man :0( Whats weird is that they def. did this contest last year without any issues, Augusta must be tightening things up.

I got the email too. Psych!

Yeah its pretty sad for them to do this. You would have thought they would have gotten approval before doing the contest.

I also got the email. And, when I go to there site, I get error pages when clicking the 'what's on sale now' link. Do they only sale on ebay?

Invalid input. Please press your browser's back button and re-attempt your submission.
Please double-check that the characters you entered are normal A-Z or 0-9 alphanumeric letters or numbers. If you are using any special symbols in your submission, please remove them, and then re-submit your request.

Example of special characters would be the following: !@#$%^&*-(),+={}?:"

If you continue to experience problems, please contact customer service with the following information:
Time of error: 2/6/2015 4:35:05 PM CST
Field Name: hsCtaTracking
Web Page: /Default.asp

I also got the email. And, when I go to there site, I get error pages when clicking the 'what's on sale now' link. Do they only sale on ebay?

Invalid input. Please press your browser's back button and re-attempt your submission.[/B]

Try this link. Site seem to be working. The link in the email was probably bad.

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/

Try this link. Site seem to be working. The link in the email was probably bad.

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/

I can get the site. They have a button within that sight called "See what's on sale now". That button brings the error page. Might be a coincidence.

Win Tickets to the Masters Thanks to LostGolfBalls.com!

I got the same email. I used the coupon code to pick up some e7's and supersofts. I bought the supersofts on the sale page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get the site. They have a button within that sight called "See what's on sale now". That button brings the error page. Might be a coincidence.

Somehow I ended up on their blog site. I'm at the retail site now. Thanks!

We need to let it known what has happened. I will not use the weak 20% code. The value of the prize was $3700 and all we get is 20%. I mean come on.

I am boycotting that site and I used to use them all the time. Not anymore.

Honestly receiving the email did not bother me at all.

We need to let it known what has happened. I will not use the weak 20% code. The value of the prize was $3700 and all we get is 20%. I mean come on.

Understand how you feel. But, this really isn't all their fault. Augusta National has very tight rules about their tickets. Apparently, last year they did not notice that Lost Golf Balls had this contest. But, this year they did and have told, not asked, them to cease and desist. If they didn't comply, those tickets would probably be declared void and not be honored for admission. If they were LGB's tickets (in their name), they would lose them and be banned from ever getting them again. I could be wrong, but, that is my understanding of how they control their tickets.

The issue is they ran a contest for a long period without making sure it was okay with the Masters.

Kinda iressponsible of them to not check

The issue is they ran a contest for a long period without making sure it was okay with the Masters.

Kinda iressponsible of them to not check

I signed up for the contest too, through a regular link. But I'll still buy balls from them. It's not that big a deal. Of course I only had one entry invested. :eyepoke:

I thought it was okay to let someone else use your tickets as long as they followed the rules while at the Masters.

If they didnt then the owner of the tickets loses them.

I thought it was okay to let someone else use your tickets as long as they followed the rules while at the Masters.

If they didnt then the owner of the tickets loses them.

You have to have the badge guaranteed before you can give one away in a contest. If you're making a contest in the hopes of securing one from ANGC, that's a very bold move and probably something the club was not cool with.

I signed up for the contest too, through a regular link. But I'll still buy balls from them. It's not that big a deal. Of course I only had one entry invested. :eyepoke:

Im im with you on this. I look at it like this...I had no skin in the game other than a few seconds to fill out an entry form, the company had it's plans changed by an outside entity. Things change and aren't always fair but then life itself isn't fair. Taking it out on the contest holder isn't going to change things.

You have to have the badge guaranteed before you can give one away in a contest. If you're making a contest in the hopes of securing one from ANGC, that's a very bold move and probably something the club was not cool with.

Question is that we dont know what the contest was cancelled do we? Maybe they had the badge and ANC didnt like the contest.

That part we just dont know

Question is that we dont know what the contest was cancelled do we? Maybe they had the badge and ANC didnt like the contest.

That part we just dont know

A lot of companies do a badge giveaway so I'm not sure that's the case. Maybe they ask permission first? Or guarantee have one before they make that move? Or all the above.

It happens. I am not really upset about it.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

A lot of companies do a badge giveaway so I'm not sure that's the case. Maybe they ask permission first? Or guarantee have one before they make that move? Or all the above.

Yeah you are right. We just have not gotten details of why the contest was cancelled so they is no way to know right now

All the email says is that they were asked to refrain from giving away the tickets.

Yeah you are right. We just have not gotten details of why the contest was cancelled so they is no way to know right now

Agreed. More importantly, I hope that means that email I sent them with a few scanned dollar bills means they took my offer to forego the contest and just pass the badge on this way... :angel:

Back