JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How much of the game of golf is social for you? I am at the airport and I was talking to a gentlemen while getting a drink and we started talking about golf. He said he only likes to play as a single, because he loves the sport, and being at it with nature.

Im the opposite where I much prefer the social side of the game.

Where do you fall?

Social for me. I will play the occasional solo round but its not something i seek

I am the opposite I like the social part of it. I can't remember the last time I played alone. I just don't enjoy playing alone.

To be honest while I love the game if I never swung a club but had every other aspect of the game I would love it just as much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I love both honestly. I have just as good as a time going out trying to shoot a PB and going out with friends and having a few cocktails while playing.

As an introvert I enjoy the somewhat anti-social nature of the solo round. I like the quiet.

As a guy who deals with depression now and then I push myself to be part of social golf outings (such as the 2-man blind draw scramble I play every Saturday AM) since I know it's good for me.

So - both, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am probably 50/50 on this. I enjoy playing by myself and I enjoy playing in groups. During the winter most of my group puts up their clubs so it is more solo.

I hardly go any more if it would be me as a single. I just don't enjoy those rounds like i used to. I very much prefer to play with THPers or in a social setting.

Solo, I am somewhat introverted and love time alone to clear my head and work on hitting the shots I love to hit. I don't mind playing partners but my choice would be to play for the sport.

I'm another who likes both. I play almost every day and prefer a mix of solo rounds and social ones.

I love the sport, but I haven't played a solo round since 2003, so I'm going to have to go with 'social' on this one.

For me prefer social, but if I got play as a single I always have a new person to join with so it becomes social anyway

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Social but I got a chance to play 3 rounds at a mountain view course by myself when I worked at a project in North Carolina. That was very cool.

Social for me. I really don't care to play alone anymore.

I'm definitely more on the social side. I go out and play as a single during the week just because nobody else is around. I usually shoot better in my solo rounds but I have more fun when i'm with a group of guys and having a good time.

I'd much rather play with other people.

Both for me. I definetly seek out playing with people more, even if they are randoms. I don't mind playing as a single and being able to think a little bit.

Both for me. I love playing with friends because we like to rib each other. I also love sunrise rounds solo where I can enjoy the walk.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Both...some days I struggle with just going out and hitting the ball around and need some motivation

I like both the social and sport of the game. I enjoy my solo rounds just as much as I do the social, laid back rounds

Both. Depends on the day. I like to socialize, but I love playing early in the am solo too

Just depends on the day and my mood.

For a long time it was more of sport to me, but the last few years it has become a lot more about getting out with friends. I used to play 50% or more rounds solo, but I think I might have played 1 round this year alone (heading to the course solo).

I like both. It depends on mood that day.

While I play both, I prefer to play by myself. I enjoy being around other people, but I get too competitive in golf. I find golf enjoyable and I would hate to ruin anyone else's day by being a competitive person. Now if I am to play with other people, I prefer to play the team scramble set up that you do in most golf outings. Those seem to be the best of both worlds and I always try to play them as often as possible.

I love playing with friends. I enjoy the sport, but if I don't have anyone to share it with, it's not as enjoyable.

Back