A line I instantly appropriated and will use for the rest of my golfing career

darthweasel

Reaction score
Handicap
My partners and I play a 2 man scramble format. My normal partner tops out at maybe 180 yards and usually 20-30 yards shorter than that. It is fair to say I have been the stronger of the two of us for years. After our opponents retired they both relaxed and had about a 3 year run where they beat us every outing but 1. The last couple years things have reversed as J and I are on a healthy winning streak. Unfortunately, I recently injured myself playing softball to the point I went from playing 3-5 times a 1 to zero for several weeks.

Friday I went golfing with D for first time in a month or so. D watches me hook, slice, shank, dribble, and hack my way around the course. Mind you I don’t believe he has EVER beaten me straight up, even during their run of dominance. I once used rented clubs and beat him by 3 over 9. I struggled so badly Friday that he beat me by somewhere between 5 and 8 strokes, we actually lost track.

Saturday he tells my partner “Don’t expect much from Drew today” after what he saw as D and J2 team up to take J and I on in a two man scramble.

Second hole D and J2 both launch balls into the woods. J skies one about 40 yards and well right. I
As I am getting ready for my turn the group behind us rolls us to the teebox (as they would all day...and that is despite me hitting into the group in front of us later on a blind shot we thought we had waited well past when they would be gone. Hint: if you must teach new players, don't do it on tight courses where you are holding up the groups behind you) t

I then smash a 4h down the left center of the fairway about 220 which Dave cannot see, so he says, “I didn’t see it, where did it go?”

Jim helpfully (and disgustedly) says “right down the middle”
Dave: “Oh, I didn’t think to look there”.

I thought the foursome behind us was going to fall out of their carts with how hard they were laughing.

Has there ever been a better smackdown of a successful shot?

That is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is about is good as I think you can do. I had something similar yesterday with a couple buddies. We usually play skins straight up, natural birdies and KP on par 3 are worth 1 as well.

on a short par 3, my buddy Justin is closest. I have about a 50 footer and end up 3 jacking, he has 6 feet for par (if you 3 jack, you lose KP in our group) and I say "this one is for 3 Justin... no pressure..." (carry over of 1 on the hole, plus the KP). Our other buddy Eric goes "WTF man, I still have a putt to tie him?" I hadn't seen his mark and just spaced, but even though his putt was only maybe 4' I responded "come on, we all know you are going to miss that...."

We all laughed, and Justin made his putt and Eric missed his... so I was sadly right.

Those are great!! I always use the same line when I am in a match and I'm losing... I always tell my opponent that I have to lost to worst golfers than him!!!

Back