Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Good news for those waiting on the z 545 irons. I custom ordered a set from Golfsmith 1/21. Was tolded it was on back order til mid February. And look what I found on my porch today.
a61c94673f695fc0a86f94c5bf1c33cd.jpg

Nice! I hope to see the same box on my doorstep come Tuesday. No custom order here, just standard.

Good news for those waiting on the z 545 irons. I custom ordered a set from Golfsmith 1/21. Was tolded it was on back order til mid February. And look what I found on my porch today.
a61c94673f695fc0a86f94c5bf1c33cd.jpg

That's awesome! Ordered mine stock 1/23 and was told backordered until 2/16, so fingers crossed for earlier than that!

Alright! got a tracking number from FEDEX the 545's will be here by noon tomorrow, may have an afternoon round in the cards for tomorrow.

I have been playing around with the SCOR wedges with the Aerotech shafts and they feel 100% better than the stock shafts so the 545 should be amazing.

Got a money round (very little money) on Sunday and after almost 2 weeks off, I am ready to get it going.

Getting extremely annoyed with Global Golf. All of you guys that put in custom orders from GolfSmith are getting them now, and if I were to order today from Golf Smith they state it will ship 2/19...yet Global Golf just said my order through them wouldn't ship now until March. What in the world is going on here? If they both ship from the manufacturer, then how are orders from Global Golf so far behind?

Getting extremely annoyed with Global Golf. All of you guys that put in custom orders from GolfSmith are getting them now, and if I were to order today from Golf Smith they state it will ship 2/19...yet Global Golf just said my order through them wouldn't ship now until March. What in the world is going on here? If they both ship from the manufacturer, then how are orders from Global Golf so far behind?

That's really bizarre. I thought they'd be on the same ground as Golfsmith and GolfGalaxy as well

That's really bizarre. I thought they'd be on the same ground as Golfsmith and GolfGalaxy as well

Yep. Sent an Email directly to Srixon too and they are stating 3/17/15 ship. Wondering if I should just switch to the RSi2's and have them by the end of next week.

Check out Fairway Jockey, great service good pricing and shipped in 12 days with custom shafts and length

Check out Fairway Jockey, great service good pricing and shipped in 12 days with custom shafts and length

Thanks, Jim. Unfortunately I've got a huge trade in bonus which was the reason I was going through Global Golf, and I don't want to waste a purchase on something else just to swap around the rest.

Yep. That was about my turn around time also. Custom shafts, lies, lofts and swing weights without a hiccup.

Those look awesome!! Anywhere in Michigan a lefty can demo those bad boys?

Those look awesome!! Anywhere in Michigan a lefty can demo those bad boys?
Look, another Michigander! I'm not 100% sure but I didn't see any at Carl's. Tbh I'm not sure they are being made in LH at this point.

Will see what happens, I have some emails out to Global Golf and Srixon, but if it is really going to be delayed till mid/end of March, I might see what else I can do. I need a good solid month/month and a half getting used to new irons before my first THP event, so I might try to get the RSi2's with my trade-in bonus instead, which I basically had tied with the 545's. Looks like Global Golf/Srixon might actually be deciding for me. Guess we'll see what they say tomorrow. Not going to be upset with the RSi2's, as they perform as good as anything, but they don't look quite as good as the 545's.

Just had my 1st range session with the 545 and wow these are a lot more forgiving than the 745, I have not swung a club since the practice round at Mission Inn and it showed. Quite a few toe misses and the ball stayed on line much to my surprise.

The Aerotech 110 S Shafts are a big change from the Tour 90 S I was hitting and they will take a bit of learning. They felt good (but much stiffer) and directionally they were spot on, as I worked up though the bag they seemed to feel less stout and the 4,5,6, irons were very easy to hit. Best result was after 80 balls in an hour no pain, that is a treat.

I really did not get good feel for distance gains as I was hitting limited flight balls, but they did not appear to be much different distance wise than the 745 (on the same range). 1st real round tomorrow with Chrome Soft balls or ProV1 so that should tell the real story.

I too had my first range session. The irons feel very nice on both good and bad shots, distance wise I was losing 8-10 yards on a mishit but wasn't losing direction. Unfortunately it looks like my lie angle needs to go another degree flat (currently supposed to be 1* flat). Was hitting lots of shots near the heel.

Talked to my fitter and we are going to look at loft and lie sometime this coming week hopefully and get them squared away. He mentioned they might not even be at the 1* flat as ordered, he said he has seen lots of sets including some if his own from various OEMs come in with as sorts of problems with the exception of ping who has been most consistent.

i can't wait to put these in play on the course.

I too had my first range session. The irons feel very nice on both good and bad shots, distance wise I was losing 8-10 yards on a mishit but wasn't losing direction. Unfortunately it looks like my lie angle needs to go another degree flat (currently supposed to be 1* flat). Was hitting lots of shots near the heel.

Talked to my fitter and we are going to look at loft and lie sometime this coming week hopefully and get them squared away. He mentioned they might not even be at the 1* flat as ordered, he said he has seen lots of sets including some if his own from various OEMs come in with as sorts of problems with the exception of ping who has been most consistent.

i can't wait to put these in play on the course.

They really are such nice irons. I'm sure once you get things straightened out with the l/l checks you will even see less distance loss

Bumping this up for #Cookie!!!

LOL....has someone else found the Srixon love?!
All I can say is when I said best irons of 2015 he didnt believe me.

Well it looks like I'll be joining the privileged ranks of z545s soon if everything works out with a deal I've got going with a couple of awesome THPers.

I just told someone the something today

Yea i glanced at the Golf Digest hot list for irons and saw these were Silver and just giggled and closed after rolling my eyes at the comments on why.

Back