Car Wrecks & Air Bag Burns Suck

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Today started out with such promise.

Daughter had some out of town volleyball games this morning, but they went quicker than expected so I was going to have time to play my first round at the club we just joined.

I was almost back into town when all hell broke loose in front of me on the interstate. A car ran into the side of a semi trailer & that started the chain reaction of other wrecks. I locked up the brakes but could not avoid colliding with the car in front me. There were 7 vehicles damaged altogether.

My airbags deployed with both my hands on the wheel. End result:

Left Hand
2r6fr44.jpg

Right Hand
24mt845.jpg

The acid from the airbag won't quit burning & oh yeah, the car is toast too. I'll be suprised if they don't total it.

Wow man. Take care and hope you get better soon. That is rough.

Sorry to hear , glad your ok though. I had the same happen a few years back, rear ended. Airbags went off, the acid burnt me pretty good. Hope your insurance covers more then mine did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, take care man. glad to see that's the worst of it though

Seriously just glad to hear you're ok.

Yikes..glad that you're okay

That is crazy man. Glad you're ok, that is some serious stuff.

Whoa, glad you are ok. If those hands are the worse you are lucky considering what you described. Heal up & take care.

Glad no serious injuries.

Glad the injuries were not too bad. Get better soon!

Glad you are ok...the airbag burns do suck, have a friend that's still has some scars.

That is crazy. Glad your OK and hope the hands heal soon.

Glad you're OK, sounds like a big mess.

Dang man. That stinks, but it also sounds like you are lucky and it could've been a lot worse.

That bites man, I hope everyone is ok.

Glad your okay, go get a lottery ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I know I'm lucky. The EMTs couldn't believe that I didn't have any major injuries after they saw my car.

I guess there is something to swedish car engineering. I just hope my little Saab lives to ride another day.

Yeah, if air bags deploy they typically consider it a total loss. Wife just totaled her car and she didn't even have the air bags go off. Glad you and your daughter are ok.

Whoa, glad you are alright. Drive safe everyone.

Just glad that is the extent of your injuries.

Wow, glad your ok cause I see these things break more wrist than you'd believe

Wow! Glad to hear you are okay and from the sounds of it - glad to see it isn't worse.

I'm glad your OK man. Sodium Azide burns suck. It's nasty stuff. I hope you were checked out. I have to be real careful around live bags when I work on them. They can save your life.

Saab's were always well built cars. Very safe in a crash. But I'm afraid they will total it. With Saab gone the access to new crash parts is not good. It's a real shame what GM did to them.

I'm just real glad neither you or your child were hurt. Cars can be replaced. Loved ones cannot. I'm very glad your fine.

Mark Shuman

Glad your walking away with hand burns only.

Sorry to hear about this man. Take care dude, glad you're ok.

Back