Letter to the Editor

Very well said, Fup.

great letter there.

Very well done.

Nice work Fuppy!

Very well written!

Well done and spot on!

Nice job well done and hope when I get back to AZ we will get a round or two in I have a sweet spot for Estrella Mountain

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well done, fupresti

I'm a new player (2015 will be my first full season) and it can be a bit intimidating getting into the game when you don't know the rules and have the pinpoint accuracy of a sawed off shotgun.

Well done David.

Great job Dave! Not Surprised :act-up:

JM

Nicely done.

Right on Fupy. So much of that is the honest truth.

So what is the answer to bring new people to the game? What is wrong with the game that made them leave?

Thats awesome and well done!

Very cool...and very well written.

Very Well written. I especially like the last paragraph where you talked about golf not needing to be protected, but grown and supported to prosper.

Very well written.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well written piece Fup.

Using Tapatalk

So what is the answer to bring new people to the game? What is wrong with the game that made them leave?

that's my question as well. we hear a lot about how many people are leaving the game, but i've never seen any actual data to support any hypothesis. most of the theories i've heard are coming from people who continue to play golf but get annoyed by something that either golf has become that it didn't used to be (eg 4+ hour rounds) or something they initially found to be a barrier to entry (eg elitists on the course, attire norms that don't jibe with their personal style, etc).

off the top of my head, i only know 2 people who tried to get into golf but eventually gave it up, and both said the same thing: it was too hard, and they didn't want to put in the time to get good enough to enjoy it. so that's been my main reason for assuming people leave the game. it's just too hard, and it takes too much time to improve, or just to maintain one's current ability.

The first thing we need to recognize is golf needs to be more social. No one complains about a 4 hour good time.

Also, recognize that Millenials needs to be catered to.

Wow, I was just speaking with a celebrity writer a few weeks ago, who knew?

Well done my friend.

The first thing we need to recognize is golf needs to be more social. No one complains about a 4 hour good time.

so people who complain about how long their round was only do so because they didn't enjoy their foursome? i don't have a problem with how long rounds take. i actually don't like speeding around the course, but i'll admit that the social aspect is secondary to actually enjoying playing golf for me.

Also, recognize that Millenials needs to be catered to.

i was born in the early 80s, so i don't know what generation that makes me, but i think millenials are younger than i so i don't understand what they want. more facebook? more twitter? more gadget-based stimulation? i'm being serious, i don't know it means to "cater to a millenial." what does that mean in the context of golf? and are there past examples of changing golf to cater to other generations? again, just genuinely curious.

to get back to your op, the article was well-written and it's cool to see the magazine recognize this.

Well done fupresti!!!

Not that I'm a millenial, but I do wish there were more options than just 9 or 18 hole rounds.

There are a lot of times that I'd be content with a 3-ish hour round (12-15 holes) and get on with other stuff in the weekend.
Other times it would be nice to be able to play a 4 hole round that could be played in about an hour.

Back