What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After putting up some really bad rounds of late, I finally pulled off an 89 today, certainly not with the help of my mid iron play, but keeping it going with some Pelz tips I was checking on lately.
I'm pulling the crap out of my mid irons. Hate that. Putted pretty well today. Had three solid, near makes from just off the green with some great chipping.
Went 45-44 to keep it just out of the 90s.
My last nine hole round was a 54, so I'll take this as a somewhat positive step.

After putting up some really bad rounds of late, I finally pulled off an 89 today, certainly not with the help of my mid iron play, but keeping it going with some Pelz tips I was checking on lately.
I'm pulling the crap out of my mid irons. Hate that. Putted pretty well today. Had three solid, near makes from just off the green with some great chipping.
Went 45-44 to keep it just out of the 90s.
My last nine hole round was a 54, so I'll take this as a somewhat positive step.

Now your heading in the right direction :bomb:

82 today that could have been a few better. Tee off time was 10:30 and the temperature was 40* but windy. Approach shots on #1 and #2 were like landing a ball in the parking lot. I did not expect for the greens to be frozen but made adjustments after the first 2 holes. By #5 the greens were starting to thaw out and by the end of the round they were fine as temps were 55* around 2:30.

91...Hit fairways and greens but my putting and chipping cost me at least 5 shots. Can't wait to get my Srixon Z545s.

95 on home course. 34 putts only 1 3 putt. Pin placement was about as tricky as they could make it and tee boxes were playing back. Driver was better than ever lost 1 left and 2 right everything else grooved. Could actually shape a few off the tee. Longest was 243 which is big for me. Gotta get the short game solid. Happy tho off the course for over a month and 5 shots from my goal.

85, 41/44. Things backed up on the back nine and I started to tighten up and just couldn't get my glutes activated.

85, 41/44. Things backed up on the back nine and I started to tighten up and just couldn't get my glutes activated.
Glad you could finish the round.

38 - 39 - 77. Think I am going to stick with this interlocking grip. It has greatly cut down on the number of and severity of the hooks that bite me in the rear quite often. Only missed 1 fairway left off the tee which is amazing for me.

Ughhhh.....

Another 47-44/91

Tee game was solid, irons were not. Short game much better with the new CB 54*. Burned a ton of edges onto 34 putts.

Many things still just a hair off.....the work continues.

Ughhhh.....

Another 47-44/91

Tee game was solid, irons were not. Short game much better with the new CB 54*. Burned a ton of edges onto 34 putts.

I hear the Z545's calling your name!

43/48, a 91. Good grief, I do not know who that was on the back nine but he couldn't putt for cr@p.

Had a weird day on the course today. I couldn't hit anything at first, which was nothing odd for me lately. I was paired with a 70 year old ex mini-tour player who hit the ball really well and was still a long hitter. Shot 55 on the front. The old guy asked if I had back problems, which I said yes. At the turn, he asked if he could show me a few things that would help me out a lot with my swing and it's limitations. We went to the range for 10 minutes and then started over....

So after 10 minutes, I replayed the same 9 with him and shot a 46 and then a 47 on the back for a 93. First time I've broken 100 in over a year, even with taking quite a few lessons. I guess I just needed someone who understands and has similar limitations that I do to work with me. I got his number and we are going to play again and work on my short game in the next couple of weeks.

Ughhhh.....

Another 47-44/91

Winter rust. Plus nothing to get focused at stake. #BuzzSaw

Whatever "it" is, I didn't have "it" today. I had golf balls going every direction. Putted decent but that was it. 87 (45,42)

Ughhhh.....

Another 47-44/91

Totally understand brother. My last three outings have been turrible.........

JM

Had a weird day on the course today. I couldn't hit anything at first, which was nothing odd for me lately. I was paired with a 70 year old ex mini-tour player who hit the ball really well and was still a long hitter. Shot 55 on the front. The old guy asked if I had back problems, which I said yes. At the turn, he asked if he could show me a few things that would help me out a lot with my swing and it's limitations. We went to the range for 10 minutes and then started over....

So after 10 minutes, I replayed the same 9 with him and shot a 46 and then a 47 on the back for a 93. First time I've broken 100 in over a year, even with taking quite a few lessons. I guess I just needed someone who understands and has similar limitations that I do to work with me. I got his number and we are going to play again and work on my short game in the next couple of weeks.
That's not weird at all. The best lesson I ever had was some random senior asking me on the range"do you mind if I give you a few pointers?" My answer not at all. He had me grooving irons in 5 minutes.

I shot an 83 (40,43). MillerTime knows how to keep me in the round when things start falling apart. Enjoyed it guys!

Not a good iron game today. Shot 91 with a quad, triple, and 3 doubles. The other 13 holes I played well. I just could not get consistent with the second shot today.

Got out today and played 9. Didn't keep score but hit more good shots than bad shots. Wouldn't have been great due to a couple of lost balls. But I hit a lot of solid short game shots and putted pretty well.

First time swinging a club since Fupresti beat me in Sunday singles at the Morgan cup.

If I could have dropped a putt I'm looking at the high 70s.

Beags cut was in full effect today too. Nothing like playing a cut with a 54* wedge

After embarrassing myself last week, I had a nice comeback round today. 42/41 - 83. 4 doubles were a round killer, but I finally got my tee game under control and I was hitting my irons as well as I have in awhile. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow.

EjbLDUd.png

After embarrassing myself last week, I had a nice comeback round today. 42/41 - 83. 4 doubles were a round killer, but I finally got my tee game under control and I was hitting my irons as well as I have in awhile. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow.

EjbLDUd.png

Solid round dude. Drop some putts on the back 9 and you are looking at the 70s.

-3 69 out there today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back