The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Something I was never clear on. If his whole adultery thing didn't come out, would he still have taken time off and started a swing change? I mean, he wouldn't have entered rehab and that whole thing and his momentum could have kept going? Or was the loss to Yang more of a sign of his swing starting to get away from him? Or was his swing always too tough on his body and it was only a matter of time before we saw this collapse?

Just watched a little snip-it of TW on Fox Sport Live and man do I feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets healthy and makes a comeback but I have a hard time believing it'll happen after what we saw these past two weekends.

Something I was never clear on. If his whole adultery thing didn't come out, would he still have taken time off and started a swing change? I mean, he wouldn't have entered rehab and that whole thing and his momentum could have kept going? Or was the loss to Yang more of a sign of his swing starting to get away from him? Or was his swing always too tough on his body and it was only a matter of time before we saw this collapse?

He had ACL replacement on his left knee as well. It took me a full 24 months when I had my ACL replaced.

I woke up at 4:15am this morning, got up, showered and sat down to drink some coffee before heading out. While sitting drinking coffee, I just started to feel my glutes shutting off. Then, I tried but they don't activate and then, hence, it goes into my lower back. So, I tried to activate my glutes as best I could, in between sips of coffee, but they never stayed activated.

Anyway, I just dealt with it best I could, walked to the truck and drove into work. I only worked 9 hours today instead of the my normal 10 or 12, but it was tough as my glutes were still on time out, but I pulled thru and made it. Might know it, as soon as I get home, everything is ok. My glutes were fine again.

And to think I make about 1/3 of what TW made in a day last year in all of 2014..........Hope the glutes are good for Monday..........

:beat-up:

I gotta think, at my age, if I activate my glutes while golfing I'll need to start wearing a diaper.

Watching euro tour. Coming up next, the morning drive featuring tiger woods round table discussion.

I think Ill go get some work done instead. Cant take a fourth day in a row.

~Rock

Coming up next, the morning drive featuring tiger woods round table discussion

They were talking about Billy Casper and then said "we all came here to talk about Tiger Woods and we'll get to that in a minute" ..as if discussing Casper's passing was taking up Tiger time. Wow.

They were talking about Billy Casper and then said "we all came here to talk about Tiger Woods and we'll get to that in a minute" ..as if discussing Casper's passing was taking up Tiger time. Wow.
I thought the same thing. I personally could have heard a lot more about Billy and a lot less about a rattled Tiger.

I gotta think, at my age, if I activate my glutes while golfing I'll need to start wearing a diaper.

I have an extra 24 pack of Depends I can send ya :thumb:

Tiger -> Leave of absence...will return when ready...& he is going to Col. to watch Lindsey ski this weekend

Tiger is so lost mentally, I am not sure he will find himself ever again

Just got breaking news from ESPN that Tiger is taking an "indefinite leave of absence" from golf. Looks like he might be out for a while.

Just read the press release and it's really a hedge. He gives himself room to take an extended break or return if he feels his game is ready for tournament play.

I see a lot of positives in his message: He cares. He acknowledges that he sucks. He's doing the right thing by not entering tournaments when he's this crappy. He says he's committing himself to getting right.

Atleast he's being honest about his game. I hope he returns and wins a few more.

I would love to see him get right again, not to where he is dominating golf, but at least where he is competing. It is really tough to see one of the all time greats struggle like he has the last several years.

I like the move.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Other than maybe the Honda what tournament was he playing in anytime soon?

My guess is that he will take a few weeks and work on feeling well, and try to get his short game in order a bit. The only tournaments he was going to play in between now and the masters was the Honda Classic, the WGC (which he doesn't qualify for), and at Bay Hill. He will miss the Honda cause his short game is a mess, and his back bothering him. I'm betting he returns at Bay Hill, three weeks before the masters at a course he has dominated. That will give him a good gauge for how his work is progressing, and give him three weeks to adjust and get more rest for his back before the Masters. He will definitely play the Masters...I'm guessing with his back injury we will not see Tiger playing too many weeks back to back cause his back just won't hold up for it.

Who's back from their leave of absence first? Tiger or Brian Williams?

Tough but I'm gonna go with Tiger. I see him coming before the six months that Brian Williams is suppose to return.

Back