Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hickory Stick and Silo.....um yes Im in!!! Havent played there or ate there but both are on my to do list.

Getting a lot of interest here for a THP Hickory Stick outing.

You know Maddog and I are in!
Oh finally.. now that I move you want to play Hickory Stick.. ;-)

Start planning and let me know when it is going to be. I will do my best to make it work.

Oh finally.. now that I move you want to play Hickory Stick.. ;-)

Start planning and let me know when it is going to be. I will do my best to make it work.

We can try to plan it around a trip home for you. If you and emart were back at the same time it would be perfect.

I'm in for Hickory Stick, depending on the date

I'm in for Hickory Stick, depending on the date
If Jim is in for Hickory Stick, then I am in for Hickory Stick.

Actually, I'm in regardless.

I am just excited at the idea of playing Hickory Stick when the weather is warm. The 3 times I have played the course, the weather has not been above 40-45 degrees.

The sad part is I've met most of the guys interested in this and yet it might be my first time golfing in NY with any of them... That's gotta change!

I am just excited at the idea of playing Hickory Stick when the weather is warm. The 3 times I have played the course, the weather has not been above 40-45 degrees.

This could end up being a pretty good group, possibly 3-4 foursomes from those interested so far. We'll have to put some planning into this so we can try to make it work for everybody.

The sad part is I've met most of the guys interested in this and yet it might be my first time golfing in NY with any of them... That's gotta change!

Can't remember if I've asked you before but is Tri-County any good? I get a lot of emails from them and have never played there. Where is it, in Silver Creek?

Can't remember if I've asked you before but is Tri-County any good? I get a lot of emails from them and have never played there. Where is it, in Silver Creek?
Ive never played there. Forestville I believe. For sure a course we should check out this summer.

Ive never played there. Forestville I believe. For sure a course we should check out this summer.

Definitely! We'll have to set a round up.

Anytime but the end of May/beginning of June is ok with me. I will be working on my anti-diet in Italy then.

Here is a brief report on the Demo Day at St. John's yesterday.

Even though the place was packed, I managed to try 4 different clubs. The results were interesting, in in some ways surprising, to me anyway.

Please don't ask me about spin rates or any of the other technical jargon. I am a total feel player and all I care about is how it feels when the ball comes off the club face.

First I tried the TaylorMade RSI. I just didn't like the feel of this club at all. It didn't feel balanced and I felt like I was hitting rocks with it. Just to show you how personal this is, the guy in the bay next to me couldn't stop raving about them.

Next up was the Callaway Big Bertha irons. I've never had a Callaway set, but wow, has Callaway done a nice job with these. Felt nice and balanced, great feel off the club face and a muted but distinct sound. Very, very nice.

Then I tried the Mizuno JPX-850. I was really looking forward to this, as I love the JPX-800s I have now. I was somewhat disappointed however. While they look great, like all Mizunos, there was just something missing that I couldn't put my finger on. They just didn't have that feel of the ball jumping off the club face that I love.

So I was getting ready to leave and I heard one of the employees say you could hit anything oiff the rack in the front too. So I picked up a Titleist AP1 714 7-iron.

OMIGOD.

I only hit 5 shots with it but every one was drilled with the best feel of anything I've hit in a long time. The ball just jumped off the face of the club with little effort It was so good that the guy waiting for the bay put back the club he was waiting to test and took the Titleist out of my hands. I will be getting a set of these bad boys (probably used) after my lessons, which start Tuesday are complete.

Here is a brief report on the Demo Day at St. John's yesterday.

Even though the place was packed, I managed to try 4 different clubs. The results were interesting, in in some ways surprising, to me anyway.

Please don't ask me about spin rates or any of the other technical jargon. I am a total feel player and all I care about is how it feels when the ball comes off the club face.

First I tried the TaylorMade RSI. I just didn't like the feel of this club at all. It didn't feel balanced and I felt like I was hitting rocks with it. Just to show you how personal this is, the guy in the bay next to me couldn't stop raving about them.

Next up was the Callaway Big Bertha irons. I've never had a Callaway set, but wow, has Callaway done a nice job with these. Felt nice and balanced, great feel off the club face and a muted but distinct sound. Very, very nice.

Then I tried the Mizuno JPX-850. I was really looking forward to this, as I love the JPX-800s I have now. I was somewhat disappointed however. While they look great, like all Mizunos, there was just something missing that I couldn't put my finger on. They just didn't have that feel of the ball jumping off the club face that I love.

So I was getting ready to leave and I heard one of the employees say you could hit anything oiff the rack in the front too. So I picked up a Titleist AP1 714 7-iron.

OMIGOD.

I only hit 5 shots with it but every one was drilled with the best feel of anything I've hit in a long time. The ball just jumped off the face of the club with little effort It was so good that the guy waiting for the bay put back the club he was waiting to test and took the Titleist out of my hands. I will be getting a set of these bad boys (probably used) after my lessons, which start Tuesday are complete.
As the most interesting man on THP. I wouldn't expect anything less than for you to be a complete feel player!! Congrats on finding a nice feeling set of sticks Jim!

Guys we ask that these threads be kept to local and regional stuff only. Equipment talk should be done in the appropriate sections or a new thread should be created in the appropriate sections. These are not a catch all for local members.

Does anyone go to Pennfair golf in East Rochester? I have never been there but it looks like a great place to swing some drivers and get accurate numbers. They have the Foresight GC2 launch monitor with Ping’s nFlight fitting software. I'm thinking of going there this coming weekend to dial in what driver I want to upgrade to this summer.

Does anyone go to Pennfair golf in East Rochester? I have never been there but it looks like a great place to swing some drivers and get accurate numbers. They have the Foresight GC2 launch monitor with Ping’s nFlight fitting software. I'm thinking of going there this coming weekend to dial in what driver I want to upgrade to this summer.
I've never been there but have heard they don't have the best of customer service. I can speak for the custom golf advantage tho. Those guys were awesome and have the same launch monitor and would recommend them to anyone. I don't have personal experience with Pennfair tho. That's just word of mouth.

I've never been there but have heard they don't have the best of customer service. I can speak for the custom golf advantage tho. Those guys were awesome and have the same launch monitor and would recommend them to anyone. I don't have personal experience with Pennfair tho. That's just word of mouth.

Does custom golf advantage allow you to try out clubs on the monitor without paying for a "club fitting"? Meaning If I want to see my numbers of the Bio Cell and the Fly-Z I could just do a walk in?

Does custom golf advantage allow you to try out clubs on the monitor without paying for a "club fitting"? Meaning If I want to see my numbers of the Bio Cell and the Fly-Z I could just do a walk in?
That I'm not 100% sure on. Could be worth shooting them an email and asking tho.

What are the chances a real bethpage round with THPers happens this year. There has always been talk of it but why not 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back