Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgestone stand bag or staff bag. Have moved over to their equipment so why not.

Srixon U45 still debating shaft option but leaning towards CTL.

Bertha mini sounds interesting...

I'm hitting my irons so much better than my hybrids, so I'm going to buy the RSi1 4 and 5 irons to put in the bag.

Well, now I'm in a quick ponder of vokeys. Anyone have experience with a particular Grind they like on theirs and why?

You take a good divot? K grind is pretty neat.

Well, now I'm in a quick ponder of vokeys. Anyone have experience with a particular Grind they like on theirs and why?

I saw that! 58 K grind would be my pick.

You take a good divot? K grind is pretty neat.
Yeah I tend to take a healthy divot but I also need versatility opening the face.
I saw that! 58 K grind would be my pick.
58* is what I need. They make K, L, S, and M I believe in that loft.

I think m grind is closest to md2 tour grind AFAIK

What did I miss?

I saw Mr. Pluff won a Vokey wedge with Dyanamic Gold shaft thanks to True Temper instagram masters giveaway.

[h=1]As promised, FIVE lucky followers will win the wedge that won at #TheMasters -- a Titleist Vokey Design SM5 wedge with our sister brand @projectxgolf 6.0 shaft. Winners have the option of receiving the exact wedge he won with or reshafting it with DG Onyx.
Congratulations to @danielcharles13,@joefortwangler_, @tylerpluff, @liamcashman23,@lopatka1530! Please send us a DM.[/h]

I think m grind is closest to md2 tour grind AFAIK

Yeah I tend to take a healthy divot but I also need versatility opening the face.

58* is what I need. They make K, L, S, and M I believe in that loft.
Correction, t grind is the closest to md2 tour grind. M grind is like a slight shelf grind

Correction, t grind is the closest to md2 tour grind. M grind is like a slight shelf grind
They only make T Grind in 62*, which is the grind that I initially was drawn to, but not the loft. Is S or M best for opening up the face?

They only make T Grind in 62*, which is the grind that I initially was drawn to, but not the loft. Is S or M best for opening up the face?
I gamed the s grinds for a while and didn't really have issues opening the face. The most grind should definitely get the leading edge closer to the ground though

I have a 54* with an M and a 58* with an S. I enjoy both and they do exactly what they need to for me. I'd check out the vokey website under their selection guide and check out the differences in the grinds to see what you'd like.

Congrats on winning the wedge!

I was bummed to learn that the T grind only came on the 62. Wish it came on the 58/60

I have a 54* with an M and a 58* with an S. I enjoy both and they do exactly what they need to for me. I'd check out the vokey website under their selection guide and check out the differences in the grinds to see what you'd like.

Congrats on winning the wedge!

I am and have been looking at what the grinds are designed to do, just wondering if they are actually effective. How did you use the M and S and what would you suggest for me? I like to open the face but also need some playability on full shots.

I open both from time to time but open the 58* a lot more. I have no issue with the S in regards to opening the face, but the M might give some extra heel relief to sit a little flatter when opened. I'd probably say M since if I could have found a blue 58 with an M grind I probably would have gone with that

I open both from time to time but open the 58* a lot more. I have no issue with the S in regards to opening the face, but the M might give some extra heel relief to sit a little flatter when opened. I'd probably say M since if I could have found a blue 58 with an M grind I probably would have gone with that

Yeah I just ordered the 58* M grind w/ black raw finish and the DG Onyx shaft. Murdered out.

Yeah I just ordered the 58* M grind w/ black raw finish and the DG Onyx shaft. Murdered out.

Look forward to it. Been thinking about ordering a DG Onyx shaft for my 60.

That is going to look awesome man. Jealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back