Could You Tell What Ball?

This reminds me of the Bridgestone testing I did in Covington where the balls were merely called A, B, C, D etc. I had no clue.

Callaway shouldn't be hard to spot with the hex dimples. But just from hitting no.

Last edited:
i am going to say the chance of me being able to do that is slim to none and i just saw slim walk out.

Not a chance. From 20 yards, maybe be able to separate a D2 Distance from a ProV1 or something. But, not from 100 yards.

Could take an educated guess based off past experiences, but would I KNOW which it was..probably not.

I seriously doubt it based on stepping up and hitting it.

if i've played it before, i think i might be able to. i'll take a few out of my bag and try it soon. sounds fun!

Probably not. I don't think I would even have an idea.

Nit a chance

Very doubtful

I could tell you whether it's a ball I would play or not (based on ball flight and reaction on the green). Other than that, I don't think I could tell you anything else.

To a certain point maybe based on how they react when they land. Compression I could feel to a point as well. And all of my guesses would be a class of ball and not brand name unless I could see the hex or dual dimple designs at address

Probably not

I doubt it, I could give you differences between golf balls but that would be about it.

I might be able to tell if it has a urethane cover based on what it did when it landed (assuming I hit the green). That's about it.

I would be able to spot a callaway just cause of the hex dimples but other than that no.

Hard to say with nothing but 100 yard shots.

I could tell you whether it's a ball I would play or not (based on ball flight and reaction on the green). Other than that, I don't think I could tell you anything else.

This is as far as I would go to say anything about different balls if I had no clue what they were

I could tell low vs high compression thats it.

Maybe the cover but that is it, no way.

based on dimple pattern I could tell the Bstone & Callaways from the rest. Other than that probably would need to hit them to see if they were harder or softer and try to make a guess.

I could tell a little bit about compression, but actual balls and differences between same quality balls? Probably not. No, definitely not.

Nope, not a chance

Not a chance....MAYBE compression based off a "harder" Pinnacle and a Softer Callaway......

Probably not, might get close with some finishes or dimple patterns, but very unlikely.

Back