The F You Golf Thread

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So we all have had that hole that made us say F you golf during the round. Let's hear it here.

Today in a 2 man best ball tournament my partners par put lipped out and mine hit dead center of the hole. It then fell into the hole only to hit the 1/16th of the lip of the cup that was not properly set in the hole. The ball bounced back out of the cup to sit on the lip for a bogey. Yeah no-one in my group could believe it happened.

So there is my current F you golf moment, what is yours?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I would say for me, Mine is the putt that should break right, you and 3 other people read it as going right, and it breaks left, then someone with a ball in a similar position but say a foot closer putts, and the ball breaks right like it should.

I hit a putt dead center and it must've been a plastic liner cause it literally bounced right out back at me. Crazy.

In a league round during the summer I hit a solid 4 wood right down the middle. It hit the metal '150 marker' and ricocheted straight left and OB.

F you golf.

I'm sure Patrick Reed dropped a few F bombs when he hit the flag stick yesterday and it bounced into the water hazard.

As for me it's happened multiple time on the same hole in roughly the same spot. Par 4 288 yards, straight as can be. Hit tee shot right down the middle, have 30-40 yards left to the green that is guarded by a bunker right in front. Proceed to hit wedge so fat ball only goes 10 yards. Something about the underlying weed that grows through the grass in this one spot that just gets me every time. I've taken to hitting hybrid off the tee and leaving myself a 100 yards shot where the weird weed doesn't grow.

18th hole yesterday was set on a slope that anything short on the left or right side just rolled away from the hole 5'+

It's getting cold and and daylight savings is coming so eff you golf since I'll be in a heated bay shortly.

On the 10th hole yesterday, I hit a perfect 4 iron off the tee so I could avoid the ball running down the hill in the fairway and either into the hazard or leaving an awkward downhill lie. My usual 4 iron is about 195 - 210 off the tee... and the breeze was into me. I figured, play it safe and leave a 7 iron into the green from a flat lie. Somehow, my 4 iron got to 242 yards from the tee and left me on that awkward downhill lie anyway, leading to a bogey.

F-you golf!

I know there was at least one hole at Olde Stonewall where Robozeo, moosejaa, apeglegninja, and I had that exact thought. Can't remember the number, but I remember walking away saying "well eff that hole." Haha

I hit a wedge shot once that actually hit the tip top of the flag stick, bounced up to the right, and into the river beside the green. That caused some bad words to fly out of my mouth.

This past saturday.

Hit a nice drive on a shortish par 4.

55 yards left to the pin.

Stuck my SW right into the ground........chunk!

Thinned the next shot over the green.

Chipped on............ and 3 putted!

If I had done that 10 years ago, I would have melted down right there on the spot.:banghead:

This past saturday.

Hit a nice drive on a shortish par 4.

55 yards left to the pin.

Stuck my SW right into the ground........chunk!

Thinned the next shot over the green.

Chipped on............ and 3 putted!

If I had done that 10 years ago, I would have melted down right there on the spot.:banghead:
That was nearly my whole summer! haha Nice drive, blade the next shot over...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Temp tee shortened par 5 yesterday, I hit an ok drive and punched my 2nd shot to within 30 yards of the green. Hit a solid chip but a touch too hard and it kicked hard off a slope on the green, rolled 50 feet down a shaved edge. Chunked that chip, then my next one didn't quite make it on the green and rolled most of the way back down again. Finally got shot 6 to stay on the green, and two putted for a crowd pleasing 8 after being within 30 yards in 2.

F you golf.

I'm sure Patrick Reed dropped a few F bombs when he hit the flag stick yesterday and it bounced into the water hazard.

As for me it's happened multiple time on the same hole in roughly the same spot. Par 4 288 yards, straight as can be. Hit tee shot right down the middle, have 30-40 yards left to the green that is guarded by a bunker right in front. Proceed to hit wedge so fat ball only goes 10 yards. Something about the underlying weed that grows through the grass in this one spot that just gets me every time. I've taken to hitting hybrid off the tee and leaving myself a 100 yards shot where the weird weed doesn't grow.

Does make one recall Tiger's hitting the pin at the Masters and it going into the water. I have to say that I wonder how much different recent golf history would be if that hadn't happened.

I had one last week. I piped a drive down the right side and it just rolled into the rough. I had a little tree trouble but could play a basic punch shot down the fairway. I hit a toe side low shot that hit the trunk of the tree and flew 20 yards back. I then proceeded to shank one behind a grove a trees. Punch out, hit on the green and made a 7. I was running hot and wanted to toss the clubs in the pond. I have one of these holes every round lately and I am sick of it.

I had one last week. I piped a drive down the right side and it just rolled into the rough. I had a little tree trouble but could play a basic punch shot down the fairway. I hit a toe side low shot that hit the trunk of the tree and flew 20 yards back. I then proceeded to shank one behind a grove a trees. Punch out, hit on the green and made a 7. I was running hot and wanted to toss the clubs in the pond. I have one of these holes every round lately and I am sick of it.

I'm with you...except I've been having 2 or 3 of them! :banghead:

I'm with you...except I've been having 2 or 3 of them! :banghead:

To make it worse, one of buddies always gives me the same tip that never works. I just told him "NOT Now" and he stayeds quiet. I was running hot!!

To make it worse, one of buddies always gives me the same tip that never works. I just told him "NOT Now" and he stayeds quiet. I was running hot!!

"Gotta keep your head down"

:at-wits-end:

Had been driving the ball decently all round yesterday at my #THPcallout until #12 and promptly blew my drive 2 towns over to the right. I was so irritated with myself.

In a league round during the summer I hit a solid 4 wood right down the middle. It hit the metal '150 marker' and ricocheted straight left and OB.

F you golf.

I did the exact same thing in a tournament this past spring.....killed a driver down the middle and it hit's the 150 metal pole in mid air and goes dead left into the water hazard

F you golf

The one that really stands out was during a men's club event at my course. We get to the short par 3 over water that is a hole that pays out for birdies and it hadn't paid out in two tournaments so the $ amount was close to $500. I hit an awesome tee shot and have 6 feet for birdie. It's a putt that breaks left to right and I read it right and when it's about a foot from dropping dead center, it hits something and breaks left uphill and settles on the high side of the lip. F you golf!

I set a new PB at my home course last week (82) and play the same course on Saturday and shoot a 99.

F. You. Golf.

Back