Honma TW737 Hybrid Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In for review is the new Honma UTc hybrids from the TW737 line from Honma. The more compact 737 UTc is the smaller of the two models that Honma offers. This type is constructed for Honma’s Tour and better players who needs more control towards the green and needs to attack the shots with slightly more spin and launch than the bigger head, while being a replacement in distance for their longer irons. The High strength steel makes for high ball speeds and great forgiveness with added workability.

Specs
Cost - $249
Shaft - Honma Vizard

IMG_0346-L.jpg

IMG_0345-L.jpg

IMG_0347-L.jpg

IMG_0348-L.jpg

IMG_0349-L.jpg

IMG_0356-L.jpg

Yes please! That shape, compact deep face. Like he rounded look of the sole. And a solid price point.

Is it just me or is the face a little deeper than most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly seems that way (which I kind of like - gives me more confidence on tee shots), but it could also be optics because the face is probably short heel to toe.

Really interested in hearing feedback on this one. Also, is there any info on Honma branded shafts?

• Admin
Honma TW737 Hybrid Preview

I will take a side by side a hogan VKTR hybrid later for you

I absolutely enjoy the shape and look of that hybrid. Price point isn't too bad either. Seeing I dropped the hybrid from the bag last year, it may be time to throw one back in.

I really like the look/shape of this one. Super intrigued by it.

i like that shape

i don't like that hosel

That's my favorite hybrid shape right there. I'd really like to give these a swing at some point.

That beast looks DEEP!!!

Also, I love the way it looks at setup, really clean. Reminds me of a mix a few different hybos really.

I like the deeper face. Gives me confidence to use it in heavy rough where an Iron might twist.

Great looking hybrid. Nice looking shape.

Side by side to the Hogan, the Honma reminds me of a small fairway wood more than a hybrid. I kinda like that a lot.

OK, I like that look even more next to the Hogan.

Side by side to the Hogan, the Honma reminds me of a small fairway wood more than a hybrid. I kinda like that a lot.

Its actually not really oversized at all, just shows the smaller size of the style like the Hogan.

Its actually not really oversized at all, just shows the smaller size of the style like the Hogan.

Oh ok, maybe it just had to do with the more rounded face and bottom that gave me that impression? Either way it looks like it's dumb easy to hit, especially from rough.

Oh ok, maybe it just had to do with the more rounded face and bottom that gave me that impression? Either way it looks like it's dumb easy to hit, especially from rough.

This was my thought too. This is considered their tour hybrid/players hybrid, but the shape like calls me to me, if that makes sense. It reminds me shape wise of the first time I saw a Nickent 4DX.

This was my thought too. This is considered their tour hybrid/players hybrid, but the shape like calls me to me, if that makes sense. It reminds me shape wise of the first time I saw a Nickent 4DX.

That's exactly what it reminds me of now that you mention it. That hybrid was a great all around club too so in theory, this should be strong right out the gate.

That's exactly what it reminds me of now that you mention it. That hybrid was a great all around club too so in theory, this should be strong right out the gate.

I think I need to find out tomorrow. :angel:

I'm trying to get a mental picture of the h1816 hybrid in my head to compare it to that. For some reason it reminds me of it but I don't know if I'm way off.

Now that is a great looking Hybrid, I would try it for sure. Maybe that shape would work better than the square toe setup.

I'm going back in the memory bank here but it kind of looks like a polished and updated J40 hybrid doesn't it?

I'm going back in the memory bank here but it kind of looks like a polished and updated J40 hybrid doesn't it?

I could see that in the pictures. I think it person its a bit less bulbous, but I am going off memory with that one.

Back