Hideki Matsuyama Wins WGC HSBC Champions - WITB

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the tools Matsuyama had in his bag picking up the win in the HSBC.

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha (9.0°) with Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8 TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3-wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DI-9 TX
Utliity/Iron: TaylorMade M2 Tour 3-iron with True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT Tour Issue S400
Irons: Srixon Z 945 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Wedges: Cleveland GolF 588 RTX 2.0 Precision Forged 52°, 56°, 60° with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Timeless
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Nice variety of clubs there. Interesting he has m2 utility iron and not the new z65.

A very mixed bag for sure.

• Admin
Nice variety of clubs there. Interesting he has m2 utility iron and not the new z65.

Its not a hollow body club, just listed that way. He is using a regular M2 iron. He prefers the launch. When he plays courses demanding more roll, he goes to a utility now. He will also be adding RTX-3 wedges very soon, as just placed his order for a number of them after testing.

Here are the tools Matsuyama had in his bag picking up the win in the HSBC.

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha (9.0°) with Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8 TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3-wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DI-9 TX
Utliity/Iron: TaylorMade M2 Tour 3-iron with True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT Tour Issue S400
Irons: Srixon Z 945 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Wedges: Cleveland GolF 588 RTX 2.0 Precision Forged 52°, 56°, 60° with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Timeless
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

can some one please tell me what makes a putter worth $4000! , without going into the economics of worth. HS

can some one please tell me what makes a putter worth $4000! , without going into the economics of worth. HS

Because it wins tournaments!

Its not a hollow body club, just listed that way. He is using a regular M2 iron. He prefers the launch. When he plays courses demanding more roll, he goes to a utility now. He will also be adding RTX-3 wedges very soon, as just placed his order for a number of them after testing.

I figured that was the case with the m2, just surprised he wasn't gaming main sponsors UT or even the 565 iron.

Interesting bag make up. GBB, Stage 2 3 wood, then he M2 3 iron at the top end unique.

Cool set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting mixed bag, 945 are money. Surprised he does not play the srixon utility . Great win was cheering him on

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Interesting mixed bag, 945 are money. Surprised he does not play the srixon utility . Great win was cheering him on

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

He's a tinkerer in that spot and has been for a few years

That's quite a mixed bag. I was wanting to see a Srixon driver in there.

wonder what made him switch from the srixon driver he was using previously

wonder what made him switch from the srixon driver he was using previously

It probably broke. The model he was using was 6-8 years old

That's quite a mixed bag. I was wanting to see a Srixon driver in there.

He had one of the newer models in there earlier in the season. I think it was a prototype of the 565

It's clear he plays what he wants to play regardless of his sponsor!

Back