jchez444

Reaction score
Handicap
Never played and only researched the four glen courses and it seems people agree on courses being in good shape, extremely scenic along with the waterway.u guys seem great at recommending courses so I wonder what you guys think about them. I am open to all ideas and looking to book a trip with 20 plus guys on a 5 night 4 round trip. Open to different areas around NC or SC.

Last edited:
Glen Dornoch is the best of the Glens courses followed by Heather Glen, Shaftesbury, and Possum Trot. Glen Dornoch is very nice, a great layout. Heather Glen is very nice, but not as scenic. Shaftesbury is more open, with elevated greens. Possum Trot is an old school layout, that would be a good warmup courses. I would consider checking with Brian Noblin at myrtlebeachgolfpackagers.com. I book my Myrtle Trips through him. Lots of other good courses in the area, namely Tidewater, Thistle, Rivers Edge, Legends (Heathland, Moorland, Parkland, Oyster Bay, and Heritage). Barefoot has 4 strong courses. Down south of Myrtle Caledonia and True blue are must plays.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Copy and paste, at least get the community members right, this is THP, not someplace else...haha

Decent course. Had a good time in my 3 times playing it.

Bringing in NC and SC brings in a lot of great courses. I would choose True Blue and Caledonia personally or the Hilton Head side choosing Palmetto Dunes.
THP has held multiple events at both of those courses that have handled far more than 20+ guys and usually giving away equipment, etc and both courses gave their full attention to the players and events.

Last edited:
Copy and paste, at least get the community members right...haha

Bringing in NC and SC brings in a lot of great courses. I would choose True Blue and Caledonia personally or the Hilton Head side choosing Palmetto Dunes.
THP has held multiple events at both of those courses that have handled far more than 20+ guys and usually giving away equipment, etc and both courses gave their full attention to the players and events.

Haha missed that one

I'd pass on Dornoch honestly, there are many better courses up north in the area

I'd pass on Dornoch honestly, there are many better courses up north in the area
can you recommend any. Right now I'm leaning and trying to link up thistle, tidewater, rivers edge and either fArmstead or oyster bay

can you recommend any. Right now I'm leaning and trying to link up thistle, tidewater, rivers edge and either fArmstead or oyster bay

Thistle is fantastic, it's usually in great shape and just beautiful

Tidewater is hit and miss, one of the prettiest layouts up there but sometimes the conditions are a little funky, but man it's beautiful

Rivers Edge is fantastic, by far my favorite of the bunch you've mentioned, greens can get sketchy sometimes but I know they've been working on them for a while

Any of the big cats are fun too, lions paw, tigers eye, good fun tracks

Long Bay is spectacular, tough course with a lot of character, a nice clubhouse to sit and relax for a few after a round too, really cool course

Crows Creek is always fun, not a terribly tough course but usually have some of the best greens up there

A fe2w miles further north but worth it is Sea Trail, I think they have Fazio, Maples and Jones courses and they have historically been in great shape too.

Have fun no matter where you play, there's so much good golf there it's hard to remember them all but when I lived there I played the ones listed regularly as well as the Barefoot courses.

Thistle is fantastic, it's usually in great shape and just beautiful

Tidewater is hit and miss, one of the prettiest layouts up there but sometimes the conditions are a little funky, but man it's beautiful

Rivers Edge is fantastic, by far my favorite of the bunch you've mentioned, greens can get sketchy sometimes but I know they've been working on them for a while

Any of the big cats are fun too, lions paw, tigers eye, good fun tracks

Long Bay is spectacular, tough course with a lot of character, a nice clubhouse to sit and relax for a few after a round too, really cool course

Crows Creek is always fun, not a terribly tough course but usually have some of the best greens up there

A fe2w miles further north but worth it is Sea Trail, I think they have Fazio, Maples and Jones courses and they have historically been in great shape too.

Have fun no matter where you play, there's so much good golf there it's hard to remember them all but when I lived there I played the ones listed regularly as well as the Barefoot courses.
+1 on rivers edge. Played it this past Friday and it was in nice shape. Only negative was playing from a mat in a short par 3 that could be a signature hole. Back tee plays on nice grass.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Tidewater is excellent, they got new greens, renovated bunkers and cleared out some trees that were keeping grass from growing in tee areas. Played it in June. Thistle is excellent, and I hear Rivers Edge is in better shape with the new greens. Glen Dornoch is a great layout, but they have bent greens, which are more finicky. Courses with Mini Verde/Hybrid Bermuda greens tend to have consistently better conditions in Myrtle year round.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I was just in MB 2 weeks ago for my dad's 70th bday. We played 3 times. Of course this was one week after the Hurricane hit there.

Myrtlewood: This is my 2nd time there. Tree damage was pretty hard there so the course wasn't in perfect shape but pretty good considering. My parents live close to there so we did this for convenience.

Heather Glen White/Blue. I LOVED LOVED the White course, such a great layout. The Blue didn't wow me as much but still fun. When I go back, I would want to play there again when the course wasn't soaked.

World Tour: By far the best course I have played in MB. It's the 18 signature holes from famous courses. The conditions were EXCELLENT, the greens were smooth and fast! Being able to play Amen's Corner and TPC #17 was awesome as well as the holes from St. Andrews. Was able to get a great pic with my dad and brother on the bridge. Played the Par 3's in 1 under, thought I had an ace on #17 based on the line. Knocked it to 9 feet, lipped the birdie settled for par. Knocked it to 15 feet on Augusta #12, made par. #13, great drive had 210 to the green, went for it and duffed my 4H into the drink infront made double. Without hesitation I would make that a priority course to play again my next trip. Sooooooooooo much fun!

IMG_3522.JPG
6ea51998249321285a4ec98cd0d4a291.jpg
3bd59a3a60cee8695ce446bca716ea9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy and paste, at least get the community members right, this is THP, not someplace else...haha

Don't know if timing matters, but Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head likely won't be open until after Thanksgiving. They got hit pretty hard by Matthew. My friend that works at the Jones said they lost over 200 trees on the Jones course alone and the Hills and Fazio courses were in worse shape than the Jones.

Don't know if timing matters, but Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head likely won't be open until after Thanksgiving. They got hit pretty hard by Matthew. My friend that works at the Jones said they lost over 200 trees on the Jones course alone and the Hills and Fazio courses were in worse shape than the Jones.

Nope this will be a oct 2017 trip

Back