Android Phone Thread

So, thinking about trying a different launcher on my Note 4 just to see if I can see why so many dislike TouchWiz.

Thoughts?

So, thinking about trying a different launcher on my Note 4 just to see if I can see why so many dislike TouchWiz.

Thoughts?

I like the Nova launcher alot, but I haven't tried alot. I didn't care for the Go launcher, and the Now launcher was nifty, but a bit buggy and not enough customization.

Nova is a good one.. L0ets you do alot of adjusting & customizing

4db5940b793a2f93e5ab6a89eb62cfd5.jpg

Thoughts?
Like others have said Nova launcher is what I have used also since I got my S4. I tried TW for a little while but no longer

I'm currently using the Note 3 but I'm due for an upgrade soon. I know I'm staying with Android since I have the Chromebook, Chromecast and the Gear Live watch. I'm just debating on the Note 4, maybe going with the Note Edge just because it's there, or trying a different path than Samsung altogether.

Not sure if we have any One Plus users here. I have had one for about a month now and its been great. A few quirks I've had to iron out but overall nothing that hinders daily use. Anyway, I get invites every know and then and they end up expiring because I don't know anyone that needs a phone. If anyone is interested I can message you when I get an invite, you get 24 hours to use the code, I know it works with ATT and Tmobile (or sprint, cant remember).

This kit Kat 4.4.4 software update just made my s5 really slow. Not a fan of updates lately.

Last edited:
This lollipop software update just made my s5 really slow. Not a fan of updates lately.

Is the update finally out? Is it the 5.0.1? They were supposed to skip right over 5.0.

If it is as bad as you say, I will wait until 5.0.2 comes out.

Is the update finally out? Is it the 5.0.1? They were supposed to skip right over 5.0.

Oops never mind. It is Kit Kat 4.4.4

This kit Kat 4.4.4 software update just made my s5 really slow. Not a fan of updates lately.
Att is putting out 4.4.4 Verizon is doing 5.0.1 is my understanding

Want the Nexus 6 and badly...... Not that anything is wrong with my S4 just ready for a new device.

Is there enough difference to have to have to Note 4 over the Note 3? The Note 3 is $325 less from T-Mobile. ($700 compared to $375)

I am not getting a new phone yet, but it's time to start researching.

Thought I would edit this to mention we will both be getting one at the same time so coat is or could be an issue.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. We will both be getting one at the same time.

Is there enough difference to have to have to Note 4 over the Note 3? The Note 3 is $325 less from T-Mobile. ($700 compared to $375)

I am not getting a new phone yet, but it's time to start researching.

Having used both of them extensively, I would personally get the Note 4, it has all the features the Note 3 should have got, but didnt.

Having used both of them extensively, I would personally get the Note 4, it has all the features the Note 3 should have got, but didnt.

Is the difference enough to justify spending $1,400 for two phones instead of $750 for two phones? We'll be replacing both our phones at the same time.

Last edited:
A blog that I follow called Droid Life posted this article and I thought I would share it. Not just for new Android users

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/12/first-15-android-apps-install-new-phone/

My first fifteen apps would be WAY different.

In no particular order:

1. Amazon
  2. Avast Mobile Security
  3. Chromecast
  4. ESPN Streak for the Cash
  5. Facebook
  6. Flashlight
  7. Gas Buddy
  8. Golf GPS (Something!)
  9. Magic Jack
  10. Maps (Google)
  11. Mr. Number
  12. Tapatalk
  13. T-Mobile My Account
  14. USGA Rules of Golf
  15. Visual Voicemail

Ever since the kitkat 4.4.4 update my email crashes every day. I finally replaced it with yahoo mail app. Anybody else have this issue?

My first fifteen apps would be WAY different.

In no particular order:

1. Amazon
  2. Avast Mobile Security
  3. Chromecast
  4. ESPN Streak for the Cash
  5. Facebook
  6. Flashlight
  7. Gas Buddy
  8. Golf GPS (Something!)
  9. Magic Jack
  10. Maps (Google)
  11. Mr. Number
  12. Tapatalk
  13. T-Mobile My Account
  14. USGA Rules of Golf
  15. Visual Voicemail
Haha that would be totally different than mine but to each their own.

Really didn't know much about some listed. Sunrise and mailbox will be given a shot immediately.
Really like Mailbox so far reminds me of an older Gmail version

I'm going to try out mail box and sunrise. It didn't say a ton about what mailbox does any ideas? I have about 5 email addresses I use...1 gmail...1 thp...1 work and 2 yahoo

I'm going to try out mail box and sunrise. It didn't say a ton about what mailbox does any ideas? I have about 5 email addresses I use...1 gmail...1 thp...1 work and 2 yahoo
Download the App and it runs you through a little tutorial that I found very useful.

I have been playing around with IFTTT and NFC tags and GPS location to do some automation with my phone.

So far I have an NFC tag setup to do these functions automatically when I leave the house and place my phone in the console:
1. Turn the house lights off
2. Arm the alarm system on the house
3. Turn off WiFi on my phone
4. Turn on GPS and Bluetooth on my phone

Once I get the Nest Thermostat and connected door locks, they will be automated as well.

Back