Flog's Give the Gift of Life THP Blood Drive and Contest

Great idea and reminder, thank you! I just signed up.
I'm proud to say that I am coming up on the 2 gallon mark...knowing I could be saving 3 lives with every donation makes it easy. That and the free snacks!

Nutter Butters and Nutty Buddy Bars FTW!!!

Last time I got blood drawn I drove straight to the course right after and walked 9 holes :D Maybe not the best idea, but I made it!
I have a buddy from college who played rugby directly after donating blood and was fine - I was shocked. We're all different! Oh and he weighs about 75 lbs more than me haha

I'll look around for a place to donate this month. No need to enter me into any drawings, just happy to help.

:angry:Just looked it up and found I'm still in the window for no donating. I thought that had gone away at some point.
From 1980 through 1990 - Belgium, the Netherlands (Holland), or Germany(I lived there from 88-90)

From 1980 through 1996 - Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or Greece.

Crap. My son will do it, though.

I wish I could give but Red Cross says I cant give. Hurts to not be able to donate.

Wish I could.

Flog's Give the Gift of Life THP Blood Drive and Contest

Here is a picture of me doing a double red donation (yippee for A- blood type) this morning. FYI for prospective donors that the red stuff on my arm is iodine, not my blood

d30c31e5ee08ce532f4b7a85e26c35e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife is in for her last transfusion of 2014. Giving this a bump for her

I appreciate that you made this thread Flog. Not because of the prizes but because it puts a human face on giving blood. The Red Cross drives me crazy with solicitation calls and it can keep me from giving blood. Your post helped remind me this it isn't about the phone calls, it is about people in need.

Will be in the bus tomorrow actually. I use Bonfils so hopefully that's OK. Thanks for the prize options but count me out of those. O+

I've also been registered for bone marrow registry since my dad passed away from leukemia in 1987. Haven't matched anyone yet, but hopefully someday I will.

Got my free snack and drink today.

5564185805a5e0539e6e6b3ca18d7f41.jpg

I can't donate because of my job but cool idea.

I use to have pic of the last time I gave plasma but guess I deleted it. If you have not seen the size of the needle it is thick. Next time I give or give blood I will post. BTW in college we use to race to see who could fill up the bag the fastest. My best time was 4:22

First blood drive of the year is next weekend. As promised, I'll be sure to donate!

Giving this one a bump as we have just a few days to go

I'd love to pitch in, but ironically I'm on Dr's orders not to donate as I'm recovering from being anemia as a result of giving too much blood in the past year. Well over the 2 gallon mark by now. My father was a 15 or 20 gallon donor before he had to stop after heart problems. Something so easy and free for everyone who is able to do that costs nothing and gives so much. Good luck and I hope some guys get out and donate for the first time and realize how easy it is and turn it into a habit. :)

According to my calculations I should be able to give blood again on next Monday (02.16.15) and there happens to be a blood drive at the local mall that day. I will be back in line to give once again. Thanks to Kyle for reminding us on how important it is to donate!!

Back