2017 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Every two years at the Shriners the new Titleist premium balls are introduced to tour and then at the PGA Show in January, they will be released to the public. This week the routine continued with the balls being handed out to players and video crew on hand for ad shoot.

2017-Pro-V1-Pro-V1x-1280x850.jpg

Photo courtesy of GolfWeek

Other than the alignment portion looking like a minor tweak, have they given any sort of indication of tweaks to either ball?

• Admin
Other than the alignment portion looking like a minor tweak, have they given any sort of indication of tweaks to either ball?

Not yet. In year's past it comes out as we get closer to the PGA Show and they will be minor tweaks.

"The ProV1X is a damned good golf ball"

I'm looking forward to seeing what they changed, and by how much. They kind of quietly snuck in the lower compression part in one of the last 2 releases. I don't buy them because of price, but I find them all over the place at my home course, so they certainly get some play.

• Admin

I'm looking forward to seeing what they changed, and by how much. They kind of quietly snuck in the lower compression part in one of the last 2 releases. I don't buy them because of price, but I find them all over the place at my home course, so they certainly get some play.

One of my favorite lines of all time.
They did quietly sneak in compression change, which was interesting.

One of my favorite lines of all time.
They did quietly sneak in compression change, which was interesting.

I have intrigued feels on compression changes.

And, I am still quite surprised they haven't slipped a third ball into the rotation over the last couple years.

I won't fork over their asking price for them, but will certainly try them when I find them at my home course.

Not yet. In year's past it comes out as we get closer to the PGA Show and they will be minor tweaks.

As Dean and you have already mentioned, I figured compression tweaks to of course make them longer and better than the previous version.

I seem to find more 1's on the course than X's so I naturally tend to care about how the one's change. Like Dean, I just don't see a need to buy them when I just find them instead :/

The 2015 v1 ball with the compression change has been a really good ball. Haven't had much time with the x but I like both over the 2013 model. Looking forward to hear more about these.

I really enjoyed the '15 PV1 ball. Hopefully the '17 is even better. Price is always an issue.

I think I prefer the current alignment arrow over the one in the picture. The 15' v1x is my favorite ball so far so this is definitely a must try for me.

Started to play the PV1 about 1/2 way through this season.
Been playing them since, I buy new logo over runs from the pro shop.

If it is like the test ball I played it will be like the chromesoft which was a like a duo...what do you know...soft is a trend

I'll try it out. I've always liked the Pro V1, never blew me away like other balls I have played, but always thought it was a great ball, priced too high, but a good ball.

Prov1 has always been a good ball and I played them exclusively for years. Haven't played them for over a year, very happy with my distance and feel on the balls I have been using though, but I would have no qualms playing a pro v

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

We were given a supply of the new balls of our choice at the TeamTitleist Event for us to play and provide feedback on.

I have the new ProvV1. It is a bit firmer feeling than the current model from what I've been able to tell on wedges amd iron shots. Seems a bit lower spinning as well but I don't have any LM numbers to back that up, just an observation.

Best quote/discussion ever.

I too am curious to see what other tweaks have occurred, also much more interested in the 1x than the 1.

I love the way the balls plays right now.

Were there players out there complaining about the performance?

Last edited:
This is one of the first cycles that I have not tested the new ball. Are there any glaring differences between 2015 and 2017?

This is one of the first cycles that I have not tested the new ball. Are there any glaring differences between 2015 and 2017?
It's funny Freddie when we asked them that last month. They told us they really didn't want to put any pre-conceived ideas in our heads before we played them. So they didn't tell us anything specifically.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I hope they improved durability a bit.

It's funny Freddie when we asked them that last month. They told us they really didn't want to put any pre-conceived ideas in our heads before we played them. So they didn't tell us anything specifically.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sounds like I have to get a dozen and put them through their paces

I'm with you there. Love the performance but you only get 1 or 2 wedge swings before there is a tear.

I'm digging the new alignment aids.

I'm with you there. Love the performance but you only get 1 or 2 wedge swings before there is a tear.

I'm digging the new alignment aids.
You guys swing too hard. Gotta have a grandfatherly swing like me and they will last longer..LOL

All these threads talking about not buying them because of price. You do realize that every year in April, Titleist runs a special where you buy 4 dozen and you only pay for 3 dozen. Free 3 lines of text if you want and choice of number is available.

This special worked out last year to be approx. 35 dollars a dozen. I think that is a very good price for a top ball!!!!

I don't play Pro V's in the winter so 4 dozen go a long way!

Back