DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC MD VA Area Chat

Good point Wahoo. You better be awake and ready for that opening stretch.

You are being kind. I believe I hit a 5w on No4 the last time I played it. Something like 190 into the wind.

Notice how I mention every hole there is into the wind. Ha.

Last edited:
Thanks.

We played the Solstice Survival there one year. So I had the pleasure of playing it 3 times in one day.

None of them turned out well :)

SaA

not a fun course to play 3 times in one day...had buddies that played swan point on soltice day and they all stuggled to carry a hazard on a par4 both on the second and third round.

DC MD VA Area Chat

No doubt! Love that course!

Musket is probably the better course.
I was hard pressed not to list it as my favorite. But I just seem to enjoy WM a bit more. If that makes sense.

Musket is probably the better course.
I was hard pressed not to list it as my favorite. But I just seem to enjoy WM a bit more. If that makes sense.

It's only about 20-25 minutes from the house. And it's always in fabulous shape.
I also won a company tournament held there last year ... so I may favor that course a bit :)

I hope whoever buys it doesn't screw with it.. IMO, it is one of the most underrated courses around. It is a beast of a golf course!
I've never played it. I guess whenever I get out that way, I always end up at Musket Ridge or Maryland National. I know MDHacker has played it a few times and enjoyed. Maybe we can start a GoFundMe account for Maryland THP'ers and get in the golf business :)

I've never played it. I guess whenever I get out that way, I always end up at Musket Ridge or Maryland National. I know MDHacker has played it a few times and enjoyed. Maybe we can start a GoFundMe account for Maryland THP'ers and get in the golf business :)

Let's get it started. $1M in about 4 weeks. No problem, right?

I want to be the mean marshal out there telling everyone to hurry up or pick up.

Then again, $1M just gets you a starting bid.

Let's get it started. $1M in about 4 weeks. No problem, right?

I want to be the mean marshal out there telling everyone to hurry up or pick up.

Then again, $1M just gets you a starting bid.
it does sound enticing, but what's the old saying about buying a boat "it's a hole in the water you throw money into" or something like that. I imagine there is a similar saying about golf courses these days.

I had the occasion to meet and talk to a commercial broker that primarily dealt with the sale of golf courses. They stated that typically the third owner of a distressed course will be the one to make money and survive. So perhaps we should wait until the next sale.

i love hollow creek. i have played there 3-4 times in tournaments with my old job. i love this course. its fun, challenging and used to get a good amount of play but was always in good shape.

i hope this course doesn't get ruined or go away.

I hope whoever buys it doesn't screw with it.. IMO, it is one of the most underrated courses around. It is a beast of a golf course!

I'm going to guess it's going to become a housing development! I did hear an owner another local course is looking to bid on it to do that and take away all the competition

OH BTW if anyone is interested in getting fit by a PING rep at no charge with no pressure to buy Golf Ect in Frederick is having the fitter come on the 12th. Just have to call for appt

I'm going to guess it's going to become a housing development! I did hear an owner another local course is looking to bid on it to do that and take away all the competition

That would probably be MD National... I hope this doesn't happen!

Looks like decent weather this weekend. I have a teetime Saturday at Laurel Hills and Fredricksburg Country Club on Sunday. Have to golf when you can in February!

Anyone ever played at FCC?

Last edited:
Looks like decent weather this weekend. I have a teetime Saturday at Laurel Hills and Fredricksburg Country Club on Sunday. Have to golf when you can in February!

Anyone ever played at FCC?

I played there in July and enjoyed it. I have a hole by hole review with pictures on my blog. If you want the link just PM or email me. I don't make any money off it

I played there in July and enjoyed it. I have a hole by hole review with pictures on my blog. If you want the link just PM or email me. I don't make any money off it

Thanks. PM Sent!

Need the weather to get back to at least 40 so I can get out...

1 million might be on the high side. A few years ago West Winds was for sale and they ended up selling it for $700K. I like Hollow Creek and it's in an affluent area (Middletown). They have a great Sports Bar. Not sure why it struggles so much?????

Need the weather to get back to at least 40 so I can get out...

Tomorrow is your huckleberry. Accuweather says mid forties with ReelFeel(TM) of 49.

1 million might be on the high side. A few years ago West Winds was for sale and they ended up selling it for $700K. I like Hollow Creek and it's in an affluent area (Middletown). They have a great Sports Bar. Not sure why it struggles so much?????

I can only think because of all the competition in that area. Md. Nat'l, Musket, Whiskey, Worthington, PB Dye, etc. Lot of good golf out that way - but Hollow Creek is as good as just about any of them - and cheaper. Maybe because out of all of those courses, it is the only one right in the heart of a housing community??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back