2017 Bridgestone e6 Speed and e6 Soft Golf Balls Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an interesting offering. As someone who prefers the E7 because of lower launch, but likes the spin-killing aspects of the e6, the e6 speed intrigues me if it launches a bit lower than the e6 does. I know the e6 soft talks about higher launch.

• Admin
This is an interesting offering. As someone who prefers the E7 because of lower launch, but likes the spin-killing aspects of the e6, the e6 speed intrigues me if it launches a bit lower than the e6 does. I know the e6 soft talks about higher launch.

I think you might like the speed then.

Nice preview. I am leaning toward the soft since I am partial to the E5. I wonder if this means they are
Going from 3 balls to just 2 with the most popular name to fit a larger segment of golfers.

I think you might like the speed then.

I look forward to picking up a dozen when I find some time to travel for golf this winter, then.

I like the thoughts of this move a lot. I really enjoyed playing the e5 this year. Definetly a solid release from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to spend more time with some E-series balls. Haven't given them the shot they deserve. Very nice to see them expanding an already successful line, Bringing more options to golfers. It's been clearly stated on here that options are good.

• Admin
I have to spend more time with some E-series balls. Haven't given them the shot they deserve. Very nice to see them expanding an already successful line, Bringing more options to golfers. It's been clearly stated on here that options are good.

You will really like the Speed ball X.

I'll be putting them in play this weekend. I like that both lines come in yellow and white. New side logo on them is different, no longer a huge giant E. I'll miss that because it always made identifying the ball so easy. I'm not sure which one I will gravitate towards because I liked all 3 lines of the previous e series.

Better into the greens and higher launch?

Well, HELLO e6 Soft!

Like the sound of the Soft. Will definitely give them a shot.

I am really looking forward to trying the e6 Soft. It use to be the ball I played most often, but I went away from it due to the green side performance. I loved that ball in every other aspect. If the new soft version is improved enough I will move back to playing the e6 more often.

Will definitely try the soft version, but really don't like the way they made the tips of the alignment line. Simple & straight is always best.

You will really like the Speed ball X.

I'm glad you know so much more about this than I do. I was actually leaning towards the soft. Either way I'll I'll probably try both out

Bridgestone just keeps pushing the envelope!! Looks like another great offering!

The evolution of the e series balls, I can dig it.

Sounds like the e6 Soft would be right up my alley. I'll be interested in trying these out.

Interesting - The Bridgestone web site and B-Fit haven't been updated to include the e6 Speed/Soft.
I wanted to see if my Launch Monitor results would send me to one ball or the other.

I'd guess I would be more of a "Speed" guy as e7 was my ball during Live Fitting.

Looks like Bridgestone went the Pinnacle Rush/Soft route here, cut it down to 2 balls with 2 color options.

I'll be honest, I have mixed emotions on this move.

That said, I think I'll lean towards the Soft more than the Speed, but, I'll definitely try both.

That said, I think I'll lean towards the Soft more than the Speed, but, I'll definitely try both.

I understand it, but don't love it.

This is me, precisely.

I get it totally, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the move.

When i think about the Bridgestone e Series, I think about the e6. Not that I don't enjoy the e7 personally, but I rarely see them in play from others over the e6.

To expand on it is such a great move. Hoping this provides e6 fans with an even better fit for their swing.

This is me, precisely.

I get it totally, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the move.

Not sure if you guys can provide more thoughts. Would love to hear what you believe the drivers for this move are.

I always thought the e series were solid, but there's A LOT of competition at this price range (under $30). The e5 was my favorite and will be looking forward to trying the Soft version.

I generally am having a similar reaction. I'm also not super excited about a surlyn ball inching toward $30 per box. The e6 is a normal winter ball for me so I'll at least try a sleeve of the Softs but generally this isn't moving the needle for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see them offer two versions. With all the stats they have from the ball fittings I am sure they know what they are doing. I love that they are fine tuning things even further and fitting will be key to make sure you are playing the right rock for your game.

Back