How was your progress for 2016 season? For me a bit dissapointing.

How was your progress for 2016 season? For me a bit dissapointing.

• very disapointed

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • somewhat disapointed

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Satsified and/or Ok for the most part

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • very satisifed

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • exceeded expectations

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
This is my first season, I started playing last Thanksgiving....so almost a year now. My only disappointment is not breaking 80 yet. I tried it again yesterday and got 85.

I made....IDK how many.....maybe 18-20 or more literally awesome shots yesterday. I mean pro level. From awesome drives and putts, to hitting the pin on an approach shot...just great. Unfortunately, I had about 4 or 5 truly terrible shots...like OOB off the tee. Hit the ground first instead of the ball....that kind of thing. That's why I can't break 80 now, it's the inconsistency.

Overall though.....loving the game and am very happy with my progress so far.

Well you've been playing less than a year and you're already as good as me, and I've been playing for 10 years, so well done! Admittedly, I have not played enough to really consider getting much better until recently, but still.

Somewhat disappointed. While my hdcp dropped into the 8s from the 9s I haven't played nearly the type of gold I wanted on a consistent basis or as much as I wanted. Also practice was not enough for what I was hoping. I had stretches where I played pretty good golf but most of the year was below avg. most due to mental hurdles and the plan for the offseason is to work on getting out of my way and getting back to fundamentals

I'm satisfied, figured out how to let golf just happen. Playing better than I have in 20 years. I'm playing irons I didn't think I had game for. I'm putting better than I ever have because I tried a style of putter I always avoided. My wedge plays is a strength in my game when I was once the weakness.

My only regret is I didn't play enough golf with some of my closest people on THP

+1 to this. I made strides with my game, but focusing on having fun and let loose was the best thing I did this year. My hcap stayed relatively the same, but managed to dial in my wedges and putter.

Like you my regret was not playing more golf with some close friends from THP.

I would say I am satisfied with how my golf game has gone in 2016. I started out this year with no real goal with where I wanted my game to be. Of course I always wanted to play better, but I didn't make the time to complete that. Then I got into #TheGrandaddy and everything changed. Funny how that event turns perspective around haha.

From that point forward I made it a goal to get consistent with my swing and improve my short game. I fought trying to tweak my swing too much in too little time that I was bouncing back and forth with good rounds and horrible rounds. About august I made the decision to just keep the swing that I had and make it as consistent as possible. Most practice sessions from that point have been focused on the short game where I have seen drastic improvements from how i used to play. I have much more confidence in my 130 and in game than ever. Started the year around a 9 handicap (never kept one until this year so not sure how accurate) and have hovered around a 7 for most of the season. Broke 80 for the first time in I can't even remember and then did it a couple more times for reinforcement. The tee ball is the only wild card right now, and if I can keep it in play I know I can score well. The tee ball is coming....

Bottom line is I think I met the goals I set for myself in early June and I look forward to taking all the work I've put in this year out to California. Have played about 3x as much this year as compared to the last 5, which was awesome.

I can't see the poll on tapa but would say a little disappointed. I played the best golf I ever had this season but also had some pretty long stretches of bad golf. My practice went down this year because of time constraints so there's that. So the highs were high and the lows were low but at the end of the day, got to 15.3, even though was trying to get below 15.

I'm starting to realize that what's most important is my mental approach. I'll be focusing on that almost exclusively for a while. Dealing with bad shots, dealing with playing well, etc. I think that will go a long way for me being a better golfer in all respects.

I wasn't sure what expect in 2016 as I knew it was my first season back after surgery. I am still recovering but I had a decent season. I didn't put you much pressure on myself. Over all I am happy with this year. Lots of work to do in order to get back to how I was playing before surgery.

Wow, playing just about only one year and talking of 80 and better. Just wow...lucky you for being blesses with this game coming easier to you than most people. I find these things amazing how some people can pick up this sport and run with it like nobodys business. Wish I could say the same. But hey...good for you :)

Thankyou, but I should say that I'm not like the average just play for fun golfer. When I got bit by this bug, it took hard. I got almost obsessed with it. I practiced and played four or five times a week every week all year. I played after work, on weekends, through wind, heat, cold, rain, the whole nine yards. I suffered a lot of embarrassment in the beginning, literally being dangerously out of control at times. I've lost eight balls OOb in a game before LOL. But it was worth it to me because now I can play golf. Prolly not going to out play you guys around here yet, but I'm at least not embarrassed to get out there with you.

I went backwards this year. Started late this summer and early fall with some lessons and have been dealing with not being able to take the changes to the course yet on a consistent basis.

JM

I didn't reach my goal of a 12, but got close at 13.2. I definitely improved my driving this year and made decent progress with my greenside chipping and pitching. I need to hit more greens next year and become more confident with my putter.

All in all I'm happy with 2016 and steadily dropping my cap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went with "OK for the most part".

I started the season playing quite well and shot some great scores early on. This was the first season I would classify my tee game as a true strength of my game, and my iron play was better than usual as well.
I am also ending the season on a high note and I am shooting lower than my cap almost every time out for the last month and a half. A highlight was making it to Finals weekend of the BC Match Play (singles) which is a season-long competition.

The disappointment for me? As soon as May hit and my local Tour and League kicked off my game went to crap. May, June, July, August was a complete struggle and grind with zero short game ability and the worst mistakes at the worst times. Heck my League handicap was at 16 for a week or so. I hit rock bottom August 13/14 in a 36 hole stroke play tournament carding back to back 89's after a practice round score of 79. Woof.

I'm happy that I'm ending the season well, and my cap is at a season-low right now with a couple weeks left. This year I did not play at a home course and literally never played the same place two weeks in a row. I started the season as a home-course 9.8 handicap and ended with a travelling 7.5, and I'm satisfied with that.

I have played terrible all year, I can count good rounds on one hand. It is very frustrating for me. Haven't played well consistently for over a year. Even when I feel like I have some simple swing thoughts down, have confidence, I roll out to the course and stink it up. Or play great for a while then collapse. I'm actively looking for a solution.

I am very happy with the progress this year. Started at 15.8 HC and currently sit at 8.8 Got my first hole in one, and attended my first THP event!!!

I am better in every category this year vs last year. But the rounds I had with thp'ers a couple weekends ago were pretty terrible. I need to get back out to see what I'm working with. So if I have to answer based on how I'm playing today, I'd say it's not that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 was quite disappointing for me. I played a ton in 2015 trying to improve for a big group gold trip in April of this year. I was playing pretty well going into it, but really played terribly during the event. It was quite discouraging, and I've only played about four times since then (after playing at least once a week for the year and a half leading up to it.

Some of that has to do with a new baby and an unfavorable work schedule, but the real truth is that I lost a ton of motivation after that. I only ever got into the game for the social aspect with a group of buddies. Then I only ever tried to improve so I wouldn't be embarrassed to be in the course with them. Then I crapped the bed.

I still enjoy playing, but I have no motivation to put any work into it anymore, as it seems fruitless. My handicap has been essentially static for over a year now, and I'm new enough that it should definitely be improving. This game is a cruel, cruel mistress.

I went with very satisfied. My HC went from a 17 to start the year and I've gotten down to an 11.2. Broke 80 for the first time this year with a 76, only happened once but it's a goal for next year to do it a lot more often. Got into a THP event and had an absolute blast and met some awesome human beings to top it all off!

I went with very satisfied. My HC went from a 17 to start the year and I've gotten down to an 11.2. Broke 80 for the first time this year with a 76, only happened once but it's a goal for next year to do it a lot more often. Got into a THP event and had an absolute blast and met some awesome human beings to top it all off!

those are some serious gainz! well done

2016 was quite disappointing for me. I played a ton in 2015 trying to improve for a big group gold trip in April of this year. I was playing pretty well going into it, but really played terribly during the event. It was quite discouraging, and I've only played about four times since then (after playing at least once a week for the year and a half leading up to it.

Some of that has to do with a new baby and an unfavorable work schedule, but the real truth is that I lost a ton of motivation after that. I only ever got into the game for the social aspect with a group of buddies. Then I only ever tried to improve so I wouldn't be embarrassed to be in the course with them. Then I crapped the bed.

I still enjoy playing, but I have no motivation to put any work into it anymore, as it seems fruitless. My handicap has been essentially static for over a year now, and I'm new enough that it should definitely be improving. This game is a cruel, cruel mistress.

it sounds to me like you have figured out what about this game is important to and enjoyable for you, which is the social aspect. the golf becomes secondary, and time with your bros is what is most important. keep enjoying that, maintain pace with your group, and it doesn't matter how you play as long as you're having fun!

I started the year with a huge fade, some called it an un-manageable slice, and a 14 handicap. I'm hitting a little bit of a draw now and down to a 9.6 handicap. Shot 81 & 80 multiple times this summer and fall so close to breaking 80 which I've never done.

I feel like I've kinda stalled out and a double each side is killing me.

I'm ok with my game but know I can be better.

OK, I'm a better player, better driver for sure and I've had a few best rounds ever this year.

But my putting still burns me bad, so much so that players who hit the ball 50 yards less off the tee can beat me regularly, simply because I three putt too much, it blows.

I hope I can find a way to fix it this off season, but I really have no idea how to, it's the one part of the game that I think sound mechanics cannot fix, it's all feel.

But I won't quit, if hard work is all it takes I'll do it.

There's still about a quarter left, but I'm happy with this year. I've stopped fiddling with my sticks, and my game is basically complete, I just need more rounds to be better.

We have a monthly tournament and I've won twice and was runner up once, I'm hoping to grab one or two more before the year ends.

There have been a lot more lousier years.

I voted somewhat disappointed. I was consistent all year but never really made any progress to move my handicap down. Started the year at 12.3, dipped to 10.1 and now back up to 12. I really shouldn't be disappointed because I didn't put in the practice time nor did I take any lessons this year. Need to start fresh for 2017 and get to single digits.

I voted somewhat disappointed. I was consistent all year but never really made any progress to move my handicap down. Started the year at 12.3, dipped to 10.1 and now back up to 12. I really shouldn't be disappointed because I didn't put in the practice time nor did I take any lessons this year. Need to start fresh for 2017 and get to single digits.

Your putting was night and day better from a year ago when I saw you

Very satisfied here. Index went from 13.8 to 10.3. I attribute that to more time on the range and changing instructors. Short game and putting showed the most improvement as my instructor is obsessed with everything 100 yards and in.

So far very happy with a couple months left.
Biggest achievement was becoming Vice Captain of the club after some members convinced me that a younger member on the committee will bring some fresh change. So far so good and we've eliminated the losses in the club.
Won several tournaments, the highlight of which was playing my lowest round, 70, in the Netherlands Cup and winning a business class ticket to Europe.
Won the long driving championship and got to be officially the longest hitter in the country until next year.
Handicap wise not much to shout about as I've hovered at 4 for most of the year, coming down to 3.3 and now back at 3.8.
All in all it has been good but I want to become more consistent next year and play a round in the 60's and be reelected as VC.

I have to go with very satisfied. I will say there were a couple of rough patches but after a couple of tips my swing started coming around. I was able to take my handicap from a high of 8.6 down to a personal best of 6.3. I also played really well during the few events I played in this year which was really big for my confidence. The favorite part of my year though has been going from being somewhat of a mental case to not having those negative thoughts creep up. 2016 was very good to this guy!

Back