How was your progress for 2016 season? For me a bit dissapointing.

How was your progress for 2016 season? For me a bit dissapointing.

• very disapointed

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • somewhat disapointed

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Satsified and/or Ok for the most part

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • very satisifed

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • exceeded expectations

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
Skill wise it was actually poor but mentally it was fantastic, 2016 was a year of high scores with the occasional low round but it really helped me deal with the highs and lows of the game. Self discovery with the swing is wonderful but self discovery in the mental aspect is as equally rewarding.

Managed to get plus 50 rounds in. Reduced my handicap from 25 to 22. Managed to get a few more under 90 and broke 80 once. Reduced my range from 118-86 last year to 106-79 this year. Gonna continue my same 2016 short game concentration (gonna add bunker practice in 2017) and see where that takes me. I'd definitely like to see a reducing handicap and a further lowering of that spread, but would also like to see that spread narrow. Not sure why thats important to me.

I'd have to say "exceeded expectations". Handicap index lowered by 1.5 to 2 strokes and I have shot my age (69) or better 4 times this year.

At first I was just happy... but lately... I have far exceeded expectations... I started this year not having touched a club in 4 years, buying clubs I knew nothing about (terrible idea) with a horrible swing... my First time out was at Lake Jovita with @mward and some other THPers... and man I was terrible, I shot a 120 I believe and that was after picking up on a few holes... I'd hazard a guess at my handicap being close to 36 or so, but the last 5 rounds I've played have all been sub 90, with an 83 coming Sunday and my handicap now at a 14.6... I have a lot of people that helped me get there and will help me get lower, including wardy, @scrapiron @moosejaa and @thecrest4 ..... I love this place

At first I was just happy... but lately... I have far exceeded expectations... I started this year not having touched a club in 4 years, buying clubs I knew nothing about (terrible idea) with a horrible swing... my First time out was at Lake Jovita with @mward and some other THPers... and man I was terrible, I shot a 120 I believe and that was after picking up on a few holes... I'd hazard a guess at my handicap being close to 36 or so, but the last 5 rounds I've played have all been sub 90, with an 83 coming Sunday and my handicap now at a 14.6... I have a lot of people that helped me get there and will help me get lower, including wardy, @scrapiron @moosejaa and @thecrest4 ..... I love this place

Awesome man!! It has been cool to follow your progress and congrats but keep going lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointed this year in the most part just because I didn't reach most of my targets. The only one I did reach was a couple of new personal bests throughout the year. Handicap did drop throughout the year but only by 0.3, which is no where near where I wanted to be. Played some good golf and some terrible golf.

I'm now focussed on next year, more realistic targets set out, that all come from playing good golf. So if I can focus on playing well all the other stuff will come as a result. Comps don't start for us until April again, so plenty of time to get the swing sorted out, gona get a couple lessons before then and speak to my pro and see what he thinks we need to do to kick on next year.

By mid-season I was very happy with my progress in my game. I was averaging around 87, which is very good for me. I even managed to put together a round of 78 and another of 81. But then later in the year my game went south. I began undershooting and overshooting the greens on my pitch shots and my score was in the 90's once again. I guess I'll need to do a lot of practice at the range on shots from around 75 -100 yds. out if I want to lower my scores once again

Good thread subject.

I choose "very satisfied" for several reasons.
1.) played substantially more rounds than expected (~130 rounds).
2.) scored personal best of 75 on 2 occasions.
3.) entered first tournament and won my flight (beginners luck!).
4.) got into first THP event (Bridgestone), met lots of great people and had fun.
5.) reconfigured bag with guidance from THPers.
6.) local golf season started in March and ended in November.
7.) continued monthly golf streak (70 consecutive months in Dec).
8.) 5 golf trips to warm destinations.

My index ranged from 9.1 to 11.6 and included a big slump in August/September. Golf is a tough sport when the swing goes AWOL. Nonetheless, the slump was a good opportunity to examine my swing and head. I got things going again toward the end of the year. I'm still tweaking my goals for 2017 and score will be one of them. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play as much golf in 2017 due to work commitments but I enjoyed 2016!

Probably my best year to-date. Started off really bad, but a couple lessons I seemed to be back on track. Even shot my personal best this year.

This years season was probably better than I would like to think. Made the switch from j40 cbs to j15 cbs part way thru not expecting a huge change other than a small amount of added distance. (which everyone else who purchased them is seeing but im not seeing any 15 yard gain per club) Handicap floated between 3.4 and 4.6 in the 2 leagues, had a few rounds under par which was nice, but also had a few +6 rounds too. Like every other year I would like to make more birdies, which would mean more practice on short game and putting, and just spending more time at the course, but with 2 toddlers and a restaurant, its hard to want to find extra time to play more. All in all I would say it was a satisfactory year, and a few goals going into next season would be to minimize doubles or worse with the mindset to still make as many birdies per round as possible.

My progress was an up and down year. Started the year pretty solid then struggled this summer, this fall I have been playing really good for me. I finally decided to just relax and have fun, its amazing what a difference that makes!!!!!!!
If I have a bad hole now, I just keep smiling and keep my group laughing and smiling. Smiling and laughing is a great cure!!!!!

This is a great time of year to get out there and do some on course practice, if you have weather that you can handle, I went out a couple of times this past weekend and the courses were empty, I played alone and just worked on various lies that one simply cannot practice at the range, so if you didn't make the progress you hoped for this year it's not too late, bundle up and get out there!

Very disappointed. No improvement at all, really, despite some some very promising signs in lessons. Next season, I may ask my instructor about on-course lessons, since I seem unable to translate the improvement I see in range lessons to on-course performance. I must be doing something fundamentally different when I play versus what I do during lessons. Perhaps it's a set-up/alignment issue, or my tempo gets screwed up, or something else.

Back