The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
More freakin' snow. I've already shoveled once, and I'm about to head out and clear off the driveway again so I can go have some bloodwork done (routine stuff) before work. And of course I have to be fasting for the bloodwork, so I'm starving as it is and the shoveling is just making me hungrier.
Boston is officially over 5 feet of snow within the past 30 days which sets a record for a 30-day period here. My wife just said "this may be the winter that breaks me", I might agree with her. I was in South Carolina this past weekend, getting on the plane to come back here was hard.

-18 here today, but with wind chill feels like -29. Ugh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It was pretty windy last night, and my someone didn't close and latch the storm door last night when the dogs were let out.
Wind caught and beat up the door to the point where it no longer closes.

I just replaced this door in November, it's now junk.

I have heart burn something fierce this morning. Tums isn't doing the trick either ...

Boston is officially over 5 feet of snow within the past 30 days which sets a record for a 30-day period here. My wife just said "this may be the winter that breaks me", I might agree with her. I was in South Carolina this past weekend, getting on the plane to come back here was hard.

You guys have it far worse up there, mostly because we still have room to put all this snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power is out here in office. No internet. Guess I better prep my LIITA entry on mobile.

You guys have it far worse up there, mostly because we still have room to put all this snow.

And I just got word that I have to go into work tonight at 10 pm because someone else is sick. FML.

The snow this year is crazy. I made it to southie today and since I've been here 6" fell on truck. I think we're going to get out of here early. Then it's back to more shoveling. The snow banks are over my head. I have to heave each shovel full just so it gets over the pile.

Last year my first round was March 15th. I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Last year my first round was March 15th. I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Yep. I feel the same way :(

The Official Rant of the Day

I got a phone call this morning from a 202 area code telling me the IRS was suing me and that I needed to call them immediately. That is not a fun way to start the day.

Fortunately I simultaneously googled the phone number. While I was on the phone with "IRS Officer Stephen Dollar" - who curiously had a thick Indian accent, - I was able to see that the phone number was associated with consumer fraud. I promptly hung up.

Be aware of getting such a call.

GolfNow fees suckkkkk. Miss the days of no fees.

Oh and the course I booked last weekend overcharged me when I booked on GolfNow. I'll ask for a receipt from now on. The amount due was 71.99 and I was splitting it with a friend. The two airheads at the counter had to pull out a calculator to do the math and I said just put it in for $36. My account says they charged me $42.

I got a phone call this morning from a 202 area code telling me the IRS was suing me and that I needed to call them immediately. That is not a fun way to start the day.

Fortunately I simultaneously googled the phone number. While I was on the phone with "IRS Officer Stephen Dollar" - who curiously had a thick Indian accent, - I was able to see that the phone number was associated with consumer fraud. I promptly hung up.

Be aware of getting such a call.

Always remember the IRS will never call. It's a letter or an agent showing up at your door.

Short version.
Somehow, the face of my has a dent/cave on the face. No biggie, e-mail customer service. Get response from customer service saying the issue has been resolved. How I wonder when the dang thing is still in my bag. The whole point of the e-mail was to find out how to proceed.
E-mail says call. I call and talk to a live person. I'm told the issue is closed and they can't reopen it. Again, I am confused. I explain again, no help.
I simply need to know what to do now. She has no clue.
So, I surmise that even though they have a customer/contact us page, they do not actually want you to us it.
I call where I bought and am told, "Yeah, they do that. Bring it back and we'll take care of it". I say thank you.

Why do simple questions have to be so hard? I can't be the 1st person to have an issue or question.

Bare in mind, I have no desire to get over on the company or get anything I am not owed under their warranty. If they warranty fine, if not that's fine as well. Just tell me what to do.

We laid off 10 more guys from our production floor. Not good. It is ridiculous how much our orders have dropped with the oil industry. Hopefully things pick up again soon.

Its quite unnerving to be reassured every week that my job is safe... and then that day we lay off more people. Hopefully my job is indeed safe, especially after we just dropped $8k on the 1st stage of in-vitro stuff.

Why is it that when we get told our job is safe, we get more worried that it isn't? Sorry you have to go through that sir!

I understand I work in a volatile industry and cuts/layoffs are nature of the beast, but if you let go a senior person without doing some sort of knowledge transfer you are not doing those that have to pick up the pieces any justice. It seems simple enough, yet never done and doubles the work.

b617658cd2ac5572b08bfa8879a576cd.jpg
just another day in paradise...

That looks awesome Ray...Oh wait.

Back at work after missing the last half of last week with what I assume was the flu. And now sitting here typing, I realize I have these little (I mean tiny) red blotches/cuts all over my hands. So either the dog buried a rawhide under my pillow (entirely possible) or Coers was in Albany without warning.....

Back at work after missing the last half of last week with what I assume was the flu. And now sitting here typing, I realize I have these little (I mean tiny) red blotches/cuts all over my hands. So either the dog buried a rawhide under my pillow (entirely possible) or Coers was in Albany without warning.....

When in doubt, always blame Coers.

Lol poor Andrew. #coersitisforlife

You're welcome guys lol. I'll take all the blame. Sorry Pete!!
When in doubt, always blame Coers.

P/T conferences tonight.

So based on history, you will be on THP because no one will show up? :alien:

Shockingly, P/T's will actually be a bit of stress relief right now, but they're still in perma-rant-land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back