How long are your shoes lasting

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
Perhaps not only in years but instead also in rounds. Lets face it 20 rounds per year vs 100 is very different so years (or seasons) isn't necessarily so telling.

For me I have 2 pair (one black) and one white. Nike lunar saddle spiked shoes. 2 years with about 50 to 60 rounds per year and wearing them both about every other round I can say its been 2 yrs and about 50 or so rounds total in each pair. Only the other day I noticed one of the soles beginning to pull away from the shoe. Not too happy about that after about 50ish rounds to be honest and I do wipe them down after every round and the they both still look pretty good. You have to wipe down white shoes or they will look like crap pretty quickly imo.

Sure many people replace well before actually needing them but for those who keep them till there is no more milk left in the cow, how long do they last before looking like total crap or falling apart?

I have 3 pairs of Skechers, GoGolf Pro/Elite/Bionic, the Elite pair showed heavy wear signs annoyingly quickly <20rds and rarely get used anymore.

The Pros I have had over 2 years now and really abused them, they see the heaviest use, 120+ rounds, who knows how many range sessions and always traveling in the trunk of my car. They are just now having a side seam split on the right shoe and the bottom separating from the left. I was annoyed by this until I thought about all I've put them through, so I'm very please with how they held up. Might try superglue or Tuff Toe to keep them going longer, and will certainly put Tuff Toe on the heavy wear spots on the next new pair I get.

The Bionics are holding up well after a year and 30-40 rounds, no real signs of breaking down. However, they are my least favorite to wear because of the look and they have less grip than the others.

Full disclosure, a family member works for Skechers, so they are given to me and I can't honestly complain much.

I generally get 4- 6 months out of a pair. We normally play early and playing 10-12 times a month the moisture gets to them. The ECCO cage I have now seem to be holding up very well and should for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I only keep one or two new pairs in the rotation, though I do keep an older pair for muddy rounds in the beginning of the season. I'd say I'm getting 1-1.5 years out of a pair right now. Playing 9-27 holes weekly with the occasional exception either way, and choosing the pair I wear based on my outfit (one pair white & one pair black).

I have never had any wear out from golfing but I rotate about a dozen pairs.

I still have my Callaway Razr shoes from MC2.0 (July 2012). I wore them almost exclusively until the middle of last year, and now I wear them every so often. Took until last year that I had to change the spikes.

I have 2 pair: FootJoy Hyperflex (orange), amazing shoes! Comfortable, light and durable as I've played about 50 rounds with them so far and they still look new. I bought them used (I know, gross, but only worn once according to seller) on eBay for 40 bucks.

Second pair, not happy. Just over a year ago I bought a set of Puma's for nearly 200 bucks. Very comfortable and stylish and looked sleek in black and white. However, after about 60ish rounds, the soles on both shoes developed a crack behind the toes, where the shoe flexes most, (if that makes any sense). The cracks went all the way through to the insoles and the shoes became unusable. I treated these shoes with the utmost care, always cleaned them and never left them in the hot car etc.... I called Puma and asked if there was anything they could help me with, I was hoping they'd come back with a partial refund or coupon for another pair. They wrote back and said that since the shoes were over a year old the warranty had expired. Okay, I get it, but damn a coupon for 10 bucks would have kept me a customer but now I'll *never* buy another set of Puma shoes. too bad, they were nice, but I have to say my FootJoys have really come through and I'll continue to be a FootJoy customer.

14910369_10153856677032032_9130608901937231134_n.jpg

14962714_10153856677012032_6144712564143769395_n.jpg

14908340_10153856677037032_6818263569000150028_n.jpg

My Footjoy Dryjoys are over 10 years old, and, still going. They are the black, and brown saddles, so, they don't show dirt. My spikeless shoes get worn down pretty quickly at the driving range - 3-4 months, and, I wear down the right toe. The left shoes will still look good, but, kind of useless without the matching right shoe.

I have several pairs and they typically last 2-3 years in my rotation.

I typically have 2 pairs - 1 for the range and 1 for the course. They tend to last roughly a year or 50 rounds and 100+ range sessions.

Have one pair;since I do not play often thinking they will last me 2 or 3 years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Have numerous shoes so none get used enough in a year to wear out and I'm always adding new pairs

I generally get 125+ walking rounds out of my spike less Adidas Adicross shoes. The uppers fail long before the nubs on the soles wear down.

I get about 70 rounds out of a pair but I put a lot of wear and tear on them hitting balls as well. Typically I will hit 500+ balls on the range per week from April to October.

I am beginning to think I feel even worse now about my cleat issue that I mentioned recently happened. Seems like 2yrs and about 50 something rounds shouldn't be enough to have the bottom start coming off.

I have about 1/2 dozen pairs that I rotate, but I usually buy every two years just because and not out of need.

I buy a soft spike ones for general wear, and the cleat ones for wet conditions.
I go through a soft spike pair every summer.

Swyped while swerving on my S6 edge

I would expect to get 50+ rounds out of them, and that is walking for my lard butt. The last 2 I actually got rid of were because they stunk so dang bad. Probably could have kept wearing them, but even with shoe trees, they were finished.

I have a pair of Footjoy freestyles that are still in good shape that I want to try out and make sure they don't accentuate my plantar fascitis, but have been playing in some ecco Biom goretex. They are fantastic and wore them in 2 wet rounds this past weekend. For the price I hope to get at least a full year in them, if not more.

Years. I take good care of them, and have plenty to rotate them in and out. But like my regular shoes, its all about the care.

Perhaps not only in years but instead also in rounds. Lets face it 20 rounds per year vs 100 is very different so years (or seasons) isn't necessarily so telling.

For me I have 2 pair (one black) and one white. Nike lunar saddle spiked shoes. 2 years with about 50 to 60 rounds per year and wearing them both about every other round I can say its been 2 yrs and about 50 or so rounds total in each pair. Only the other day I noticed one of the soles beginning to pull away from the shoe. Not too happy about that after about 50ish rounds to be honest and I do wipe them down after every round and the they both still look pretty good. You have to wipe down white shoes or they will look like crap pretty quickly imo.

Sure many people replace well before actually needing them but for those who keep them till there is no more milk left in the cow, how long do they last before looking like total crap or falling apart?

I dont talk much about shoes but the one that pisses me off the most are the 275 dollar ECCO that were supposedly the most comfortable / durable shoes to walk in , after the 3rd time i wore them i had to replace the insert with a dr. sholes because they became uncomfortable rather quickly and after one season walking in them the shoe became stiff , `dried/ shriveled up , i tried to bring them back to life but it was a exersize in futility ... needless to say i wont be buying Ecco shoes anytime soon

as for 2016 i am wearing foot joy contour casual spikeless and they are confortable , durable and easy to maintain and i will be able to wear these ffor 2017 season also unless i can find a footjoy spikeless upgrade for 2017

How long are your shoes lasting

The Puma spikes and spikeless I got earlier this year are holding up great. I expect them to last years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years. I take good care of them, and have plenty to rotate them in and out. But like my regular shoes, its all about the care.

hence part of the reason I asked the question. I take care of both my pairs. Clean them off after the round with a slightly damp rub and then dry. I also use changeable foot pads so the original shoe inserts are in good shape. They look good in and out and they still feel good but unfortunately as I went to play the other day I noticed the sole has pulled away on one of them in one area. The rest of that pair and the other pair are all still nicely sealed up everywhere else. Anyway, I suppose I could squeeze some type of glue in the section. None the less is tad disappointing that Nike shoes would do this as I would have expected at least one more season before starting to see this happen. What can ya do? These things happen and at least I didn't pay a whole lot for them. They were a leftover from model year before and also were on sale and I also had coupon. But hey they still cost money and are suppose to be pretty good shoes even if not the best. What can ya do? It is what it is.

Have you thought about trying other brands? Maybe that line is just giving you trouble? I can confirm what was mentioned above, I wear Pumas this year more than just about anything and have no issues. The spikeless should last me years.

I like to run two pairs at a time, one white and one black.
Assuming they alternate they see about 30 walking rounds each per year, and my last pairs (Lunar Control 2) have lasted about 45 rounds each. They are still intact and comfortable, but no longer waterproof so I just replaced them with some Dryjoys.

Back