Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

HA! Whippy.

Whippy doesn't scare me.

I laugh at whippy. Hahahaha

Sorry....losing my mind here.

Im actually scared you would snap it in half

I saw in SI Golf+ today that Wilson is offering a 30 Day Guarantee on this driver. If I longer than turn current Driver return it within 30 Days for a full refund.

I was already going to demo it. Sounds like it will be one a minimum 30 day demo now!!

SaA

Well this is a legit deal! Pretty bold claim though, especially since they have few shaft options.

Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Well this is a legit deal! Pretty bold claim though, especially since they have few shaft options.

Ha. Glad you made out the offer through my numerous typos (fixed now).

Bold indeed. But this could be just the type of pub they need to get a little attention to the brand.

Last edited:
Interesting claim. Just peeked my interest

So what shaft options are available other than the Element Chrome?

Sorry, I can't seem to find a reference anywhere about the "try it for 30 days & return if not longer" deal. They have a 30 day return policy only listed on their site. I'm confused. Have had the D100 for a while, really like it, but would love to compare this new driver.

D200 Driver

D200 Driver

Sorry, I can't seem to find a reference anywhere about the "try it for 30 days & return if not longer" deal. They have a 30 day return policy only listed on their site. I'm confused. Have had the D100 for a while, really like it, but would love to compare this new driver.

Hi All,

This thread on the D200 driver seems to have become a bit inactive lately. I've re-read it about 3 times....good stuff!
I for one, am still interested in what you all think. If you've gamed it recently, please let us know how it's going.

It sounds like Wilson has a real winner here and I would like to keep the momentum going.

Thanks.

I would love to contribute to this thread but Mother Nature has other plans for me right now. But come this spring, I'll be in here

Hi All,

This thread on the D200 driver seems to have become a bit inactive lately. I've re-read it about 3 times....good stuff!
I for one, am still interested in what you all think. If you've gamed it recently, please let us know how it's going.

It sounds like Wilson has a real winner here and I would like to keep the momentum going.

Thanks.

I think business will ramp up here shortly in this thread as weather changes and of course 8 THPers get full 14 club sponsorship deals from Wilson Staff to be a part of Legacy.

Hi All,

Thanks.
Anything specifically you are interested in knowing and perhaps we can answer those questions based on our previous experiences?

I think business will ramp up here shortly in this thread as weather changes and of course 8 THPers get full 14 club sponsorship deals from Wilson Staff to be a part of Legacy.
How will the 8 be chosen?? is it transparent and randomly selected??

Check out the legacy thread contests, it has been an assortment of contests up to this point, with the most recent one ending yesterday.

Quite a few have already been selected. Contests go on all of the time.
And EVERYTHING we do is on the level. EVERYTHING!!!!
One only has to look at who has been selected for large events to see that.

I've seen the 8 for the King Cally event but I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Grand daddy with Wilson Staff and the 14 club deal.

I had a chance to hit it this weekend since I was on the road for work. Really liked the head as it sits perfectly to my eye and the sound is fantastic. When I centered it, the carry was better than any of the other new offerings (at least per the launch monitor). Unfortunately, 46" is too long for me to center my contact frequently enough for my liking and the whole set up was too light for me. I would love to try it with a heavier shaft at 44.5" or so but the retailer had no other shaft options.

I had another good Saturday with this driver (almost 36 holes). In fact, I had guys in my group talking non-stop about the D200 driver. Every time I would hit a good one they were making a Wilson comment. It is sneaky long.

I may have damaged it, though. I am not sure what happened, but yesterday I started hearing a "click" in my backswing. I take the driver back, and when it gets to the top, and the head is near my left ear, I can hear the click. I can't duplicate it by shaking the driver. I made sure the screw attaching the head to the shaft was secure, and it was. There might be something wrong with the shaft or mechanism. I have 20+ rounds on this driver, and haven't heart the click until yesterday.

Is it epoxy in the shaft Erky? Can just flip it upside down for a quick check.

Back