PING Glide 2.0 Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The coming soon wedges from Ping hit tour this week.

CwMRVQ1UEAAWApY.jpg

Photo Courtesy of GolfWeek

Looks the same other than badging???? I wonder what the difference is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks the same other than badging???? I wonder what the difference is

Looks pretty much the same to me also. Looking forward to more information.

2.0 eh. Looks the same curious to know the difference.

Never been a fan!!

iBlades and now 2.0 wedges. It's like Ping has embraced the 2007 Internet.

Ill be interested to hear about the tech. Looks wise they don't really impress me but they are a subtle look.

Looks a little chunky for my taste

Kinda blah looking

Look cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the look works for ping. I was a fan of their last wedge, much more so than some previous releases. I think they blend in with the iBlade very nicely.

I look at that wedge and think Soviet Era architecture - super utilitarian but its like aesthetics don't even matter. Blah.

I hadn't really been a Ping fan before seeing these. These didn't change my mind.

I'll be interested in the details, but I've been very happy with my Glides.

I look at that wedge and think Soviet Era architecture - super utilitarian but its like aesthetics don't even matter. Blah.

If it makes me hit to 5 ft i'll take it

Love the customization!
C0DhKUKUsAAfA9m.jpg

Bought the Ping Glide 2.0 52* & 56* SS wedges yesterday at GG. Played today and am very, Very much impressed with both of them. Hit full shots with both, chip shots with both and will be replacing the Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 56* wedges I've been using. I couldn't get the RTX-3 wedges to bite on the greens. They'd hit, bounce a couple times and roll out. Both Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 2 hopped and stopped. I'm sold after this one round. Both Ping Glide wedges were 5 to 8 yards farther and stopped shorter than the RTX-3 wedges as well.

Well done Ping. :banana:

Bought the Ping Glide 2.0 52* & 56* SS wedges yesterday at GG. Played today and am very, Very much impressed with both of them. Hit full shots with both, chip shots with both and will be replacing the Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 56* wedges I've been using. I couldn't get the RTX-3 wedges to bite on the greens. They'd hit, bounce a couple times and roll out. Both Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 2 hopped and stopped. I'm sold after this one round. Both Ping Glide wedges were 5 to 8 yards farther and stopped shorter than the RTX-3 wedges as well.

Well done Ping. :banana:

Interesting. I own both and found the opposite to be true. I didn't have any issues stopping the ball with the Glide 1.0 wedges, but overall prefer the RTX-3's. Have the Glide 2.0 improved that much?

I do enjoy the OG Glide wedges... have a 50 SS, 54 WS, and a 58 WS... got them barely used as a set otherwise I would have had 50 WS and the 54 & 58 in TS. These look nice. Looking forward to more.

Interesting. I own both and found the opposite to be true. I didn't have any issues stopping the ball with the Glide 1.0 wedges, but overall prefer the RTX-3's. Have the Glide 2.0 improved that much?

I copied & pasted these two paragraphs from the review of the new Glide 2.0 wedges from PluggedIn Golf.

Since amateurs golfers dream of nothing so much as spinning a shot back, PING decided to upgrade the grooves on the Glide 2.0 wedges. The grooves are set to the loft – optimized for full swings in the 46-52, for pitches in the 54-60 – and deliver 350 RPM more spin on full shots. Where it gets more interesting is on the pitches: PING claims the Glide 2.0 spins 200 RPM more on dry pitches, and they claim the amount of spin won’t change on the Glide 2.0 whether it’s wet or dry!

I decided to put these claims to the test. First, I tested the Glide 2.0 against the current king of spin mountain, the Epon Tour Wedge. The Glide 2.0 went revolution for revolution with the Epon. Next, I got a spray bottle and tested the spin with a wet ball and club face. Sure enough, the Glide 2.0 put up the same spin numbers whether it was wet or dry. The spin and the consistency from the Glide 2.0 are really impressive.

I used the same ball, my game ball in sig, with the RTX-3 V-MG wedges p till Mondays and today used the same ball with the Glide 2.0 SS wedges. The 2 hop & stop of the Glide wedges today was a BIG improvement over the RTX-3 wedges. I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm sticking with the Glide 2.0 wedges.

I copied & pasted these two paragraphs from the review of the new Glide 2.0 wedges from PluggedIn Golf.

I used the same ball, my game ball in sig, with the RTX-3 V-MG wedges p till Mondays and today used the same ball with the Glide 2.0 SS wedges. The 2 hop & stop of the Glide wedges today was a BIG improvement over the RTX-3 wedges. I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm sticking with the Glide 2.0 wedges.

Thanks for the info. I'm not knocking the Glide 2.0's and I actually enjoy playing Ping wedges. It also sounds like the 2.0's have improved vs. the 1.0's. Seriously, enjoy your wedges.

I demoed a 56* Glide 2.0 wedge today. I'm not sure exactly what it was but I really liked it. It may have been something to do with the weighting.

Back