Is It Me or is Amazon Horrible for Golf?

Haso

#TeamPrestige Southpaw
Reaction score
Handicap
Bkwrds Hat
I'm a big time Amazon shopper... if I can avoid going to the store for something I know I don't need to try out (apparel, shoes etc) then give me that free 2-day shipping. The other thing is that stuff on amazon is just that much cheaper that I don't even have to think twice about ordering say a video game or maybe some other contraption I want.

Now I always go on Amazon to look for decent deals on golf balls, but whenever I do it seems like they're asking ransom prices for very run of the mill things. (ie I wanted a 5 pack of Pinnacle Golds once... Amazon had them for $28, normally less than $20). Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this frustration that was an avid Amazoner like myself. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong deals for golf swag on there. I generally know enough now to just go online to Dicks, 3balls or the like.

I don't do my equipment shopping on Amazon.

Some legitimate ebay dealers are on though and have solid deals.

The Canadian site is even worst. On the bright side here fleeBay (Canada/USA) is a great source of golf equipment and apparel. Amazon USA typically doesn't ship golf related products to Canada.

A lot of amazon golf stuff comes from outside sellers utilizing the amazon logistics and warehousing. I don't buy much golf related off amazon due to prices and the terrible search options there are for golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The big difference is who is the actual Seller. Those prices probably reflect third party sellers and not Amazon.

It's horrible for golf but not in the way you are relaying. There are so many questionable merchants as amazon is not an authorized seller from so many of the equipment makers. I think people should stick to authorized sellers or inquire with the equipment makers to ensure quality items are being sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only looked at bags, carts, balls and GPS units up here. The balls I find are a ridiculous price. Everything else I've noticed is average pricing.

I love amazon for golf. Most of the time I find shoe deals with no problem, and with prime shipping it's a no brainer. Sure there are always products where prices seem a little higher, but that goes both ways.

I've not found any deals that made me have to buy yet.

I don't know if amazon is horrible for golf or not. I don't order golf merchandise from them. If they had deals on golf stuff that I needed then I might but I've never had the occasion to order golf gear from them.

I used to be a huge amazon shopper, but due to several instances of delayed arrivals I have used them less and less.

That said, I have never really used them to look for much golf equipment. There are plenty of other outlets where I can find what I want, usually for less money and it is easier to find.

But I did just buy 4 clicgear accessories off of Amazon, so that worked out pretty well.

They had a tremendous deal on a Bushnell Rangefinder late last year that many THPers jumped on.

I've never bought any equipment but I buy most of my golf shoes off Amazon. Smoking deals and the 2 day shipping is excellent. Been very happy with the shoe shopping.

Did very well with my shoes on Amazon. Nothing else has seemed to be a good value.

I dont use Amazon for golf gear, do my best to support to local brick and mortar places.

I love amazon for golf. Most of the time I find shoe deals with no problem, and with prime shipping it's a no brainer. Sure there are always products where prices seem a little higher, but that goes both ways.

I will agree with you that I've scored good deals on cleats in the past.

I don't do my equipment shopping on Amazon.

Some legitimate ebay dealers are on though and have solid deals.

Who's your go to for eBay Alex? I used to have a guy that got me smokin' deals out in orchard park New York but unfortunately he passed away unexpectedly. Guy used to knock off like $100+ of msrp on drivers and such.

Who's your go to for eBay Alex? I used to have a guy that got me smokin' deals out in orchard park New York but unfortunately he passed away unexpectedly. Guy used to knock off like $100+ of msrp on drivers and such.

Don't have a specific one, i'll find something i want and check prices and throw bids down, i also try to find sellers that cover shipping

Don't have a specific one, i'll find something i want and check prices and throw bids down, i also try to find sellers that cover shipping

3balls has a decent eBay presence... used to live 6 minutes away from their distribution center so I could always swing over and pick up for free shipping. Now they're in NC

3balls has a decent eBay presence... used to live 6 minutes away from their distribution center so I could always swing over and pick up for free shipping. Now they're in NC

I used to use them as well when I worked in Canton. I was bummed when Joe and Leigh'a sold them.

I've only made one golf purchase on Amazon (a SLDR Mini). Every time I look for something in there I either can't find it, or it is cheaper elsewhere. I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon, but it's just not great for golf related stuff.

Back