2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

The UNC-UK game Saturday was fantastic. Malik Monk is the truth.

And now the calls for the Nebraska's coach to be fired will build up.

That is curious to me; I wonder if they could get someone better than Miles? Football school with great facilities, but it's still in Nebraska. Most of the basketball talent is from the coasts. Losing Andrew White this year really hurt there chance at having a decent offense this season. Miles is a good defensive coach from what I've seen.

I would understand if they went in a different direction (he's 68-73 at Nebraska), but I would argue it is a fools errand. They have had one season above .500 in conference play since 1999 and it was under Miles. The program has had 6 winning conference records in 30 years. A realistic goal for that program would be .500 in conference and an NIT or NCAA bid if the stars align.

That is curious to me; I wonder if they could get someone better than Miles? Football school with great facilities, but it's still in Nebraska. Most of the basketball talent is from the coasts. Losing Andrew White this year really hurt there chance at having a decent offense this season. Miles is a good defensive coach from what I've seen.

I would understand if they went in a different direction (he's 68-73 at Nebraska), but I would argue it is a fools errand. They have had one season above .500 in conference play since 1999 and it was under Miles. The program has had 6 winning conference records in 30 years. A realistic goal for that program would be .500 in conference and an NIT or NCAA bid if the stars align.

No way they find someone better then miles. They might fire him but it won't help at all. That job might be one of the toughest jobs in a power conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Grayson Allen is mentally unstable

No one here cares, but Auburn picked up a nice win last night over Oklahoma.

Grayson Allen is mentally unstable

He's a little beotch. Hope he sits the entire season. Doubtful though.

My biggest problem with Grayson Allen is that he looks like Ted Cruz.

ca24c9b6cce38e86c7b214536b0bf180.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well we have regressed in 4 years. From beating Michigan st in Lansing and making the dance to being under 500 this year. He's had his chance. He's had the best facilities of any neb coach and is no better then doc Sadler. Tim seem like a great guy but not a div 1 coach at a major school.

My guess is that if Grayson was not the second leading scorer but the 4th guy off the bench he be suspended by now...... Oops, he is suspended by now, indefinitely. I wonder how long that is?

He's a little beotch. Hope he sits the entire season. Doubtful though.

officially suspended indefinitely

Duke's Hall of Fame coach Mike Krzyzewski announced Thursday morning that junior guard Grayson Allen has been indefinitely suspended after tripping a player Wednesday night during the Blue Devils 72-61 win over Elon.
MORE ON ALLEN

WATCH: A recap of Allen's kicking history
This is the third time Allen has tripped an opponent.
"We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the incident involving Grayson Allen," Krzyzewski said. "As I stated last night, the incident was unacceptable and inexcusable. He took an important step last night by apologizing in person to [Elon's] Steven Santa and coach Matt Matheny. As a program, we needed to take further steps regarding his actions that do not meet the standards of Duke Basketball. To that end, we have determined that Grayson will be suspended from competition for an indefinite amount of time."

My guess is that if Grayson was not the second leading scorer but the 4th guy off the bench he be suspended by now...... Oops, he is suspended by now, indefinitely. I wonder how long that is?

Till they play a game where there's a chance they lose.

Last edited:
Well we have regressed in 4 years. From beating Michigan st in Lansing and making the dance to being under 500 this year. He's had his chance. He's had the best facilities of any neb coach and is no better then doc Sadler. Tim seem like a great guy but not a div 1 coach at a major school.

The biggest hurdle nebrasketball will face is who could they get???

officially suspended indefinitely

Yeah, but indefinitely could be a half game. Doubt Coach K would do that but I wouldn't miss this punk at all.

Come on now I know Nebraskas budget has to be bigger than that.

I was high on the hog when we went dancing and the following year Pinnicle open. Really thought we were on to something. So disappointed now. Incarcerate word, Stamford, and Gardner Webb. Horrible home losses. I really want the b ball team to succeed for once. Man can't live off v-ball titles alone.

Was at the MSU - Minnesota game last night. (Minnesota should have won the game) the game was close to unwatchable as a game could be...51 fouls and damn near close to 70 free throws. Ted Valentine has got to be the worst official I have ever seen with regards to making the game about him versus the kids. I thought the Big Ten had gotten rid of this guy.

Was at the MSU - Minnesota game last night. (Minnesota should have won the game) the game was close to unwatchable as a game could be...51 fouls and damn near close to 70 free throws. Ted Valentine has got to be the worst official I have ever seen with regards to making the game about him versus the kids. I thought the Big Ten had gotten rid of this guy.

Oh man. Gotta love TV Teddy. Amazing the ego on some of these refs especially at that level.

Oh man. Gotta love TV Teddy. Amazing the ego on some of these refs especially at that level.

As someone that has done a ton of refereeing my goal was always for no one to recognize me from game to game...meaning I did my job and kept a very low profile as it is NOT about the referee. How can he still be getting gigs???

Back