can you recommend a good push cart for my son?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
We don't want anything super expensive, but good quality that will last.
Something in the $200 range.
Give me some of the drawbacks and/or benefits of 3 or 4 wheel design.
We have looked at Clicgear online.

Also, where are the best prices right now .

Thanks,
Jack

can you recommend a good push cart for my son?

Clicgears are awesome. I can't recommend them enough. I don't know if I'll ever change mine
Edit. U can get a refurbished one from them for a good price. I think I got mine for like 175ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from a two wheel pull cart to a Clicgear 3.0 about four years ago and it was one of the best moves I've made. Three wheels, front wheel is fixed - it does not rotate, and the cart is super easy to maneuver. Very durable. I can't comment on the four wheel option. Biggest difference between push and pull is that my shoulders don't get tired during the round.

I love my Clic gear and wouldn't change it for the world. I'm not sure on where's the best price right now but when I bout mine last year I bought it at Golf Galaxy because they let me use a a 25% off coupon.

Clicgear has the best quality and seems to be a very good value. Not sure about the Rovic/s but I would think they would be solid as well.

I used to be a sun mountain guy, but the quality is not what it used to be (at least what I have seen). Bag Boy is solid, but I don't think they are as well made and they definitely don't have the accessories that clicgear has.

You might check Craigslist locally to see if you can find one for a deal and avoid shipping/sales tax.

Good luck.

Thanks for the good advice everyone.
I'll let you know what we end up with.

I urge you to strongly consider a Clicgear. The quality is outstanding.

I just bought my wife a Clic Gear and she is a big fan of it, as am I. There are a ton of extra add on stuff that covers just about anything you'd want and/or need. I kind of wish they came with a larger cup holder especially with the popularity of Yeti styled cups but maybe in the future.
I have a Bag Boy and like it pretty well too. Not as many options as the Clic Gear but with a little problem solving you can make them work on this cart.
But I have an electric/remote push cart coming that I'll switch over to. Our course has some pretty good hills in a couple of places and it's a heck of a push up some of them. Plus I play in the mornings and my wife plays in the afternoon. She's thinking the electric will make our afternoon rounds together a little more fun.

There's a reason you won't find used Clicgear- they last forever and people that own them don't need to sell, ever, for any reason.

Is there even refurbished? if you find one it's probably just a floor model, I doubt any need to be fixed.

We don't want anything super expensive, but good quality that will last.
Something in the $200 range.
Give me some of the drawbacks and/or benefits of 3 or 4 wheel design.
We have looked at Clicgear online.

Also, where are the best prices right now .

Thanks,
Jack

My wife and I just purchased a ClicGear 3.5+ for our daughter. We didn't see the logic in purchasing a junior cart for $200 that she would grow out of rather quickly when we could purchase an adult cart she will grow into, have and enjoy for many years. I have had a ClicGear 3.0 for several years and love it.

Yes, I want to get him "full size". He is turning 13, and he is 6'-1", and weighs 265lbs!!! Lol!!

I have a 2-3 year old Clicgear 3.5+ that has been though 100+ rounds and still works as good as it did the day I bought it. You can pay full price at $219, but you can often pick one up for about $175 with a 20% off coupon from all sorts of golf sites (20% off any 1 item type coupon).

I have a 2-3 year old Clicgear 3.5+ that has been though 100+ rounds and still works as good as it did the day I bought it. You can pay full price at $219, but you can often pick one up for about $175 with a 20% off coupon from all sorts of golf sites (20% off any 1 item type coupon).

Yup, or check eBay. I bought my 8.0 on there and got the wheel covers, an extra storage bag and the brush for what it would have cost just for cart most places. Plus free shipping and no sales tax and I was pleased.

Another vote for Clicgear 3.5+. Seriously you cannot go wrong with this choice. What other golf equipment can you spend $200 on and lasts 5 plus years? I rarely hear of anyone getting a new cart because their Clicgear wore out or broke and if they do 99.5% of the time they get another Clicgear.

Dang man, what are you feeding him?

He eats good!!!! He'll eat any kind of vegetable, seafood, Sushi, all of it!!!! Lol

If I were looking for a jr cart I would seriously look at the one. Also I find my 4 wheeler a pain in the butt. It's stable. But steering is kinda terible.

http://www.clicgearusa.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=139

Yes, I want to get him "full size". He is turning 13, and he is 6'-1", and weighs 265lbs!!! Lol!!

I wouldn't get the jr cart but I would still look at this line. Less $$ and clicgear quality perfect for a 13 year old IMO.

Definitely get the full size. I asked this same question in the juniors section a month ago or so and got the same answers. I ended up getting him a ClicGear 3.5 and it works perfectly for my 9 year old who is 4'9". The junior size carts are for smaller kids - like 5-8 years old.

Thanks for the info everyone.
I really appreciate it.
A member here has offered his good condition used cart.
He is only asking that I pay the shipping.
I want to thank every one of you.
Hackers Paradise is a great place with a lot of great people.

Thanks for the info everyone.
I really appreciate it.
A member here has offered his good condition used cart.
He is only asking that I pay the shipping.
I want to thank every one of you.
Hackers Paradise is a great place with a lot of great people.

that is great, whoever it is, they are a better person than I am! Though that might not be saying too much!

Back