Hank Haney: Please Shut Up!!!

Eraff

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not a Major Tiger fan. I just think it's time for Hank Haney to just shut up!

Hank... you're like a hundred other guys, EXCEPT for the fact that you coached Woods for a while. Coaches are Hired to be Fired...accept it!!!...Move On!!!---Tiger Woods was the best thing that EVER happened to your career!

Move On!!!

(quietly, please)

I guess I am on the other side. If there has ever been anybody to discuss what someone like Tiger is going through, its Haney.

Tell us how you really feel

I'm not a Major Tiger fan. I just think it's time for Hank Haney to just shut up!

Hank... you're like a hundred other guys, EXCEPT for the fact that you coached Woods for a while. Coaches are Hired to be Fired...accept it!!!...Move On!!!---Tiger Woods was the best thing that EVER happened to your career!

Move On!!!

(quietly, please)

I could say the same thing about Golf Channel, but the reality is everyone who has an opinion on Tiger is proooooobably going to share it... because Tiger moves the needle.

I have all the time in the world for Haney, he won with TW and knows him incredibly well.

I guess I am on the other side. If there has ever been anybody to discuss what someone like Tiger is going through, its Haney.
I'll certainly give more credibility to what he says than listen to Chamble yell at everyone that Tiger has the chipping yips and they will never be gone.

While Haney may have an axe to grind with Tiger, his insight into TW's game and mind are certainly as accurate as anyone outside of Tiger himself.
Brandel Chamblee, on the other hand, has no idea what is in Tiger's head. He may be the biggest (male) Tiger hater in golf.

I hate sugar coating things.
It sounds like you have something to say!

I agree with JB, if anyone know Tiger, he does.

Haney was a good coach for Tiger, I think what he says is pretty valid.

I actually agree with the OP. Haney is annoying. i like him as a teacher and granted the reporters are probably calling him, but he comes off as very bitter every time he talks Tiger. He had some insight several years ago, then wrote a book whining about how Tiger kept him at a distance. He also always maintains swing coaches don't do as much for the players as everyone thinks, yet is quick to take credit for the majors Tiger won. It'd be nice if he moved on and stopped throwing out bones to the media, but that ax has to stay sharp.

Not a Haney fan but outside of butch was probably good for tiger. I like listening to his insight on tiger. I'm just tired of the over coverage of tiger and ready to hear about other golf stories....the lpga has some serious talent, Jason Day just won in an exciting playoff...Harris English, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Rickie Fowler, Billy Ho and numerous other guys on the tour under 30 that are going to carry the tour after tiger, Phil and others are gone. Let's give them their time so the can move the needle

Not a Haney fan but outside of butch was probably good for tiger. I like listening to his insight on tiger. I'm just tired of the over coverage of tiger and ready to hear about other golf stories....the lpga has some serious talent, Jason Day just won in an exciting playoff...Harris English, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Rickie Fowler, Billy Ho and numerous other guys on the tour under 30 that are going to carry the tour after tiger, Phil and others are gone. Let's give them their time so the can move the needle

QFT. So many great young marketable golfers on the tour right now, and all the golf media wants to talk about it Tiger's yips and/or his back.

Haney was a good coach for Tiger, I think what he says is pretty valid.

Nailed it for me. I truly believe Haney was better than Butch. I believe in what swing Haney teaches and believe what he has to say about Tiger. I'll listen to him all day long.

Nailed it for me. I truly believe Haney was better than Butch. I believe in what swing Haney teaches and believe what he has to say about Tiger. I'll listen to him all day long.
I'm in that camp too. I think the Haney years were better than the Butch years. However both era's were unreal.

I'm in that camp too. I think the Haney years were better than the Butch years. However both era's were unreal.
Oh I completely agree he dominated with both teachers. Just looking at the stats and looking back I feel he a more complete player with Hank because that's when guys starting catching up and passing him distance wise. Where when he was with Butch no one could touch him.

I agree. Tiger did much of this to himself. All good things come to an end. There have been many greats in golf in the last 100 years, and the game went on as each dropped off. Same thing will happen again. Golf is bigger than any one person.

You know this whole downward spiral that Tiger is going through is getting worse everyday. I have said for a while that Tiger will win one more major. I'm really not starting to believe that anymore. My opinion on hank has changed a bit too. I really couldn't stand him after he and tiger split, but now I do want to listen. Hank is right he needs to get his body right first.

I'll certainly give more credibility to what he says than listen to Chamble yell at everyone that Tiger has the chipping yips and they will never be gone.
Would you believe if I said TW has the yips.

And say what you want about Haney. He had the ear and attention of the best player in the world. arguably the best player ever during that stretch.

Would you believe if I said TW has the yips.

And say what you want about Haney. He had the ear and attention of the best player in the world. arguably the best player ever during that stretch.
I think he's just stubborn and refuses at this point to chip the way he used to because doing so would mean he was wrong in going this route. Like i said about Haney I defiantly give him all the credibility in critiquing Tiger.

For anyone who think Hank is bitter towards Tiger has not read his book. Did not come across that way at all in written words.

Agreed, He, Butch, Sean, even Mark O'Meara could probably lend some good insight, along with Notah!

Agreed, He, Butch, Sean, even Mark O'Meara could probably lend some good insight, along with Notah!

Absolutely. I will give you a preview of Foley's now.

Interviewer - Tell us what was happening here.
Foley - Well you see, right here is where I began ruining his swing. If you follow along this time line in about 3 weeks is where I crippled it. Then you come across the month of Tiger fans defense, then the Tiger fans betrayal. Then the timeline finishes with more crippling of his game by yours truly, along with some more man purses and a bit of douchebaggery.
Interviewer - Thanks Mr. Foley, that was great insight.

Haney only states the obvious! In my opinion there is no true insight.

I like Haney alot. I just get annoyed at his commercials on the golf channel about his Blueprint

His commercial always bothers me when it comes on, maybe it is the scam of the free promise and finding out its paid. I do not believe someone can gain 80 yards in x number of minutes, hey if that's true sign me up I will be bubba long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back