What Tees Would You Play?

I would play Whites, though if it was an event of some sort I could probably handle Blues. My normal ball flight is short and straight so the tightness of the course is not a big deal.

I think some are falsely assuming the the Members tee and the Black tee share the same tee box. I'd bet the Black tee, even though it's a similar distance, is probably to the left or right, making you work the ball or changing the view of the hole, which can effect how you play the hole.

Waterlefe you can miss a little. This course has a lot of trees on both sides that are stupid and I hate them.

Wentworth

Iike I stated earlier, I would play anything but the blacks and not even blacks would be out of the question because it would depend on who I'm playing with. Expectations for a good round would be pretty low though. I usually choose course/tees by slope rating first then by yardage. Generally, if it's a high slope rating without high yardage the course has punitive trees or knee deep rough just off the skinny fairway and I avoid those. If yardage is the only reason for the high ratings then I will give it a try (even though I don't have great length.) In other words, I would play what ever tees my group was playing but if I wasn't meeting a group there, I wouldn't play the course.

And thanks for giving the name of the course.

I think some are falsely assuming the the Members tee and the Black tee share the same tee box. I'd bet the Black tee, even though it's a similar distance, is probably to the left or right, making you work the ball or changing the view of the hole, which can effect how you play the hole.
JB should be able to confirm this.

I thought Members was typically a mix of the black's and blue's.

I thought Members was typically a mix of the black's and blue's.

#2 threw me off, It's a different yardage that the black or blue. All others match on or the other, mostly the blacks.

White tees for me

Probably member tees. I normally like to play 6700-6800 yds but when I don't know the course or if it's tight and small then 64 is fine. golf is tough from any tees including the Reds...

I normally like to play one of the back two tees as holes are normally designed from the tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I basing my reply purely on the OP. I hadn't read through the replies until now.

Nothing wrong with forced layouts. The architect makes me play the smart shot off the tee and puts a scoring iron in my hands for the 2nd shot.

I think I know what course it is. :angel::devil:

Considering it was posted earlier in the thread, you probably do know the course.

The tee boxes are the same.

Black if I was playing with my regular partners, white if I was playing with my father in law.

Any. Preferably the members tees but I would play any, as long as Im golfing I' happy. Now if we go by my ability most likely the white or reds.

I would probably go with the blue or members, leaning more towards the members though. There really isn't a huge difference between the members and the blue, and I like a little longer par threes.

Black or Members. The members setup looks pretty fair, they just shorten some of the longer par 4's. If it was just a narrow course and not one with a lot of forced carries or dog legs I would probably go Black for the fun of trying to use the driver.

If I wanted to score well I'd play blue. Gives a lot of opportunity to play 4i or Hybrid off the tee, and a par 4 that is reachable with a good drive and shorter par 5's. Also I end up hitting wedge or 9i on all the par 3's accept 1.

members, with my age and game 6500-6600 yards is pretty much max for me

I'm curious.. Does it change for anyone if the course got an inch or two of rain the day before?

I'm curious.. Does it change for anyone if the course got an inch or two of rain the day before?
It might. I would hope the course would set up shorter for the day given the conditions, but I wouldn't have a problem moving up myself.

I was waiting for this. Going to be a bit damp tomorrow.
Going to be a high of 60 also.
Not that any roll is to be had on this course anyway.

Members tees look fun to me

I was waiting for this. Going to be a bit damp tomorrow.
Going to be a high of 60 also.
Not that any roll is to be had on this course anyway.

This particular course does play a little soft, so it'll be interesting how much water it retains. Not really sure if it's a good thing out there or a bad thing though?

What Tees Would You Play?

Nope.

I will say when playing with a foursome I will usually always defer to the rest of the group unless it gets down by the 6000 mark.

I don't wanna be the only guy playing from a certain set of tees but at that short I just don't find it fun.

Edit: and sadly my scores don't improve.

Nope.

I will say when playing with a foursome I will usually always defer to the rest of the group unless it gets down by the 6000 mark.

I don't wanna be the only guy playing from a certain set of tees but at that short I just don't find it fun.

Edit: and sadly my scores don't improve.

No fun, when scoring opportunities should be better. Interesting.

I usually play from where everybody else does, but given a choice on this course probably white tees maybe blues, anything longer would be a stretch for me.

No fun, when scoring opportunities should be better. Interesting.

I usually play from where everybody else does, but given a choice on this course probably white tees maybe blues, anything longer would be a stretch for me.

Driver is my best club.

When I can't use it for fear of going through the fairway, leaving myself 40 yard shots over hazards , etc. it becomes no fun.

I don't like being forced to remove the best club I have from my bag.

Driver is my best club.

When I can't use it for fear of going through the fairway, leaving myself 40 yard shots over hazards , etc. it becomes no fun.

I don't like being forced to remove the best club I have from my bag.

If you manage you don't have to have 40 yards in. I'm sure you didn't get to a 4.2 index with just your driver. I don't particularly like the fact that I can't drive the ball 250 yards either, but sadly I can't. Unless I'm hitting off a very elevated tee with a 30 mph helping wind.

I just assumed it was Florida - And my experiences there have been next to zero roll any time I've ever played.

I would play either blue or members. I'm fairly confident in hitting fwys. So I'm good with either.

Back