Golf Swing. What are you working on?

Making sure my downswing stays inside the ball. I have a tendency to come over the top and pulling the heck out of the ball.

Some good stuff so far. I'm surprised no one has said they have been focusing on glute activation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maintaining right knee flex in the backswing, and working hard to hone my move into transition.

1 -Short game
2 - slow the hands / swing arc - if I make a larger arc, club is late and I push. tighten the arc and it leads to a draw/hook. in between pretty straight and long. I will say that slowing the hands and releasing the club has added a lot of distance.

Quiet takeaway with the big muscles and weight transfer. Pretty much all I've worked on for the past year. And I'm still nowhere close to where I want to be.

Synching up the arms and body with a better tempo.

Better tempo and balance.

After playing for a while I've prioritized that the only thing that matters is club path and a square club face through the impact zone for as long as possible. Everything else is built around it, coming naturally as the result of that main focus. It's called the "flat spot principle." I could have a funky furyk-style swing, but like him, if my club path and club face is square through the impact zone, the ball will go straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Actually glute activation and right knee flex at the top of the back swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I am making fairly consistent center contact with everything except my driver. My biggest thing is working keeping my backswing short and also working on my shoulder rotation.

My instructor has me working on throwing the club head, dominant right hand. Always working on good takeaway, tempo and turn.

Spine angle on my drive. My back side moves forward way too much.

Same thing for 30 years, a shorter backswing. Luckily father time is finally making it possible.

Getting my right shoulder turning behind me as well as the left shoulder under my chin with a wide arc (not collapsing my right elbow) has me hitting drives considerably longer. Increased to around the 260-270 range from about 220-240 (if I'm to believe my Golflogix app).

Damn near everything, to be honest.

The grip my right hand is to strong closing the clubface. Trying to stand further from the ball with my arms away from the body so that the club can swing up and down in front of the body.

I'm working on my head - both in location and substance - HA!!! I found I dip my head like I'm bobbing for apples - do I am really focused on keeping it still - in this case keeping it up not down ;)

Swinging the handle

I'm working on starting my downswing with my lower body and swinging down the line. I tend to go left quickly and the ball follows right on left.

Weight transfer and tempo.

Takeaway, weight transfer, keeping right knee pointed at ball, flattening out the swing

Yeah that pretty much sums it up for the moment.

for full swing, just trying to get my swing a bit longer. my back is very rounded at address, and it's inhibiting my ability to make a full turn, so i'm working on "expanding" my upper spine during the backswing and really minimizing the tension in my hands.

Impact zone. Nothing but impact zone. And some short game. But mostly impact zone.

Back