JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have seen tons of colors added to metal woods. Wedges have begun to show more choices with black, blue, gold, etc. Will we see it more from irons? Do you think you would play a set of irons with some color to them? Blue? Red?

We have seen tons of colors added to metal woods. Wedges have begun to show more choices with black, blue, gold, etc. Will we see it more from irons? Do you think you would play a set of irons with some color to them? Blue? Red?

I am not 100% dead set against it, but it doesn't really appeal to me. If the best irons for me had some color I'd game them, but I prefer classic.

Yes! Masters Colors or Cubbie Blue!

I don't mind the black, I actually prefer it, but blue or red as the actual iron color? I'd have to see it, initial reaction... No

I've seen nice looking blue wedges so a full iron set will probably happen sooner or later. I don't think there's enough demand for colored irons to become a thing though.

Never say never but I don't have any real interest in this.

I would 100% play irons with color. I loved the looks of the cobra irons when you could choose the colors. Had the amp cells and the BioCells. I like color it just appeals to my eye.

I think I would, but would prefer a dark color. I like black irons, could go for a dark blue as well. I'd stay away from green, wouldn't want it to blend in with the grass. Not sure about Red, would have to see it.

I would absolutely game some navy blue irons!

Maybe if it was some variety of colors in the inside of the cavity on the irons, probably not the whole thing though

I'd game them if they were a neon yellow/lime.

I'm old school, so I'd say no to anything flashy color wise.

I thought Mizuno did a good job with their ion blue wedges and the finish seemed durable enough and since i had grown partial to a iron with a black finish the ion blue cant be much different

Back when I had first seen a white R11 I predicted we'd soon see multiple colors on woods from different manufactures, and eventually colored irons. I'm sure it'll happen, and I'm surprised it's taken so long. I don't think I'm ready for them...

I like it on my wedges even though the black or blue finishes show lots of wear as soon as I have a long bunker session with them. This immediate wear has happened with recent wedges from Wilson, Mizuno, Callaway, and Cleveland. I have no interest in having color on my iron set, especially since I normally keep them more than 5 years.

W/S floated out pics of their blue C200's for the Olympics. I'd game them in a heartbeat.

Touches of color I have no problem with, but I want them to be mostly classic in appearance.

No thank you. Leave my irons alone. :alien:

I'm kind of more into the classic metal chrome or satin finishes. but I'd like some color, just not when at address. The back and sides and bottom for sure though would be cool

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just picked up a set of black apex's and traded in a few clubs at CPO for all black (shamrock) MD3's - 54*, 58*. Just wish they didn't wear as quick but it gives them character!

I think it is the next logical step. Options are good.

I think the most I would go is black, but I'm a sucker for a plain metallic iron.

Not something that really speaks to me. I like the satin look of my CF16's too much.

Interesting.

I love playing Black irons, always liked the look of them. Had never thought about playing blue/red/whatever color. If they were anodized or something so the finish held up, I would be all for it.

Only color I really wanted to see on my irons was Copper. I really wanted to do my blades in the same patina'd copper finish that my Yes Stephanie is in. I shopped around for about a month trying to find a PVD provider that could do it, but everybody kept telling me that the temperatures the heads would be subjected to would possible damage them. I thought about even having them Copper plated, but I couldn't find what I felt like was a reasonable price...not for a coating I feel like would wear poorly.

Last edited:
Back