National Sandwich Day

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is National Sandwich Day and to celebrate we are going to ask THPers the same question we ask Golf Industry Uncut guests.

What is the best sandwich and from where?

We had a thread on this previously, but being National Sandwich Day, it was worth having some fun again.

Roast Beef or Club Sandwich from Kenny & Ziggy's here in Houston.

Rueben sandwich from chompies mmmmm so good and massive

I'm partial to Cuban sandwichs maybe because I can't seem to get a good one in N. California.

One of the best is from Fernandez The Bull Cafe in Naples, Florida. I'll be getting one of their Cubans for lunch at least a couple times when I vacation there in a couple weeks.

fernandezthebulljlb.jpg

I love a BLT or Club and day of the week.

I have a hankering for a good sandwich today, think I am going to have to hit up Ike's for a Hot Mama. Shredded chicken, Franks wing sauce, ranch, provolone on dutch crunch. Will get some pics up later.

i love a good sandwich

my favorite is still the triple j at toojays, with extra russian dressing to be applied to each bite!

Currently, my favorite sandwich is a Cuban. Top one, thus far, has been a small sandwich shop just outside of Little Rock. Believe it or not, I like the Cubans that McAlister's Deli (the National chain) currently has.

Pastrama Momma from Momma Goldberg's. I am a huge fan of pastrami sandwiches and this particular one is the best I have eaten.

I have a hankering for a good sandwich today, think I am going to have to hit up Ike's for a Hot Mama. Shredded chicken, Franks wing sauce, ranch, provolone on dutch crunch. Will get some pics up later.

We definitely need pictures of this.

My personal favorite is pretty simple:

The Chopped Rib sandwich on a "Q-Wick" roll from BAR-B-QSA (formerly PJ's) in Saratoga Springs, NY. Boneless smoked ribs with a vinegar-based barbeque based on the Cornell recipe. It's served on a kummelweck roll - a kaiser roll topped with caraway seeds and coarse salt.

We definitely need pictures of this.

give me an hour... going to get some spicy pickle chips to go with it... but kind of thinking about going with the steak sandwich there.

I have two favorites at a local sub shop called Isabella's; the Pilgrim (roasted turkey, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce & mayo) and the Salsa Cha Cha (salsalito turkey, jalapeno cheese, lettuce, tomato & homemade hot salsa). Both come on homemade seeded runs.

I wish we had a decent local(non chain) sub shop around here. I had to settle for Jersey Mikes today

I wish we had a decent local(non chain) sub shop around here. I had to settle for Jersey Mikes today

Next time you are down here, I will make up for it. Grouper and Cuban back to back.

I'm partial to Cuban sandwichs maybe because I can't seem to get a good one in N. California.

One of the best is from Fernandez The Bull Cafe in Naples, Florida. I'll be getting one of their Cubans for lunch at least a couple times when I vacation there in a couple weeks.

fernandezthebulljlb.jpg

That's really funny. I just ate there last weekend and had this. Agree it was awesome. One of the best I've had.

For me, #1 is the Pastrami from Katz's in NYC.

Although its a chain, check out Capriotti's on Big Beaver near Golfsmith, just opened a month or 2 ago. Their capastrami sandwich is damn good.

73e7e3e2eca92b012b9ab90df35fea8e.jpg

Hot momma Huda from Ike's. Halal chicken, franks buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and provolone on Dutch crunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need that in my life.

Cubans are my favorite, locally (more or less) C. Senor in DFW makes one that is awesome! My second choice is Jimmy's Food Store in DFW, prosciutto, mozzeralla, tomatoes and basil sandwich is killer!

Reuben from "The Savoy" in Saginaw MI.

This one, the Almost Famous from Primanti's in Pittsburgh is on my bucket list. ANd from the looks of it, I'd better have it near the bottom of the list. Especially if I opt for what used to be the Roethlisberger option - two ground beef patties.

sandwich-sketch.png

I'd have to go with a club sandwich.

Only problem is that too many places use deli meat turkey instead of the real stuff but luckily a place in town uses real turkey and has a salad dressing instead of mayo that adds a really nice tang to it.

Back