Fiberbuilt S4R Mat vs Ultimate Monster Tee

N54tt

Reaction score
Handicap
11.8 GHIN
My ultimate monster tee golf mat (ultimate super tee) has served me well for the past two years. I have never tried the CCE mat before, but the UMT appears to be the same type of mat as the CCE. They both give good feedback when you hit a fat shot, by grabbing and slowing the club head, Resulting in dramatically reduced yardages. Recently I have been working on my contact and really trying to get consistent ball first contact....unfortunately the UMT has started to take it's toll on my left wrist. Even when you make ball first contact the UMT mat really grabs the club head as you follow through the ball. The other thing I don't like about the UMT is that it's so thick and plush that your feet start to sink down into the mat causing depressions. The depressions aren't permanent and do go away after some time. I hear the CCE is a bit firmer and doesn't have this issue.

My Fiberbuilt S4R just came in today. My fitter/instructor uses fiberbuilt mats so this isn't the first time I have hit off one. But today was the first time I could hit off both of them to do a better comparison. The fiberbuilt is not as harsh to hit off of...and you can swing down and through the ball without having to worry about shocking your wrist, elbow or shoulder. It still gives some feedback on fat shots, reducing yardage (if anything more realistic drop in yardage than the UMT). The hitting mat has 4 sections that can be rotated as they wear down...and can be replaced all together. I think it would take me a LONG time to ever need a replacement...if at all. The base of the Fiberbuilt is pretty heavy....so there is ZERO movement of the mat. The UMT would slide around a little and would need to be repositioned at times.

Here are some pics of the UMT and Fiberbuilt

Last edited:
Great mat for saving your elbow and body. Guys in the sim community with CCE mats complain it is too harsh. I have several drop in strips and some are definitely harsher than others. Only issue with Fiberbuilt for sim play is putting.

Great mat for saving your elbow and body. Guys in the sim community with CCE mats complain it is too harsh. I have several drop in strips and some are definitely harsher than others. Only issue with Fiberbuilt for sim play is putting.

I heard of the putting issues before purchasing the Fiberbuilt. Fortunately for me I don't use my Skytrak for Sim play so it doesn't really affect me. Even the couple times I used WGT, I just used the auto-putt.

Back