Odyssey Putters Thread

All I can say is this insert is fantastic. I have 4 putters with the fusion rx insert and they are all great!

I am really wanting to get a Fusion RX insert putter but I just can't decide on a head shape. So many to choose from. I am leaning toward the 2-ball fang but the #1W is intriguing as well....

I am really wanting to get a Fusion RX insert putter but I just can't decide on a head shape. So many to choose from. I am leaning toward the 2-ball fang but the #1W is intriguing as well....
2 ball is great mallet. The visual alignment really works well for some people. The 1w shape is really pleasing for me. I like the oversize 1 shape. Just roll them well. 1w and #2 shapes just work for me

Great day out today with my WHP #1. Didn't count my putts but it would have been about 28. I was dropping them, it felt great.

I put the MXM #7 in the bag for my round yesterday and realized why I liked it so much. The head shape frames the ball well for me & the confidence I have putting with it is right up there with the 330M head shape. I've played the 330M TC since last summer & think it's time for the #7 to get rotated back in.

My battle this year will be between the MXM #9 and the Tank Cruiser #7 (maxed out weights). This is going to be one entertaining battle for me in two head shapes I absolutely love.

My battle this year will be between the MXM #9 and the Tank Cruiser #7 (maxed out weights). This is going to be one entertaining battle for me in two head shapes I absolutely love.

#7TC maxed out sounds awesome. Good luck and interested to see how it shakes out bc those are two completely different set ups.

#7TC maxed out sounds awesome. Good luck and interested to see how it shakes out bc those are two completely different set ups.
I've yet to have both outside at the same time, but my love for the mxm last year was strong. It'll really depend on putts between 6 and 12 feet for me as that's where I need to improve. Just waiting on grass to show up.

I've yet to have both outside at the same time, but my love for the mxm last year was strong. It'll really depend on putts between 6 and 12 feet for me as that's where I need to improve. Just waiting on grass to show up.

For me the MXM (or any milled face for that matter) lets me control speed better on faster greens. One thing I had to learn with the TC was adjusting to the insert and having to hit the ball a little harder to get the distances down. It was brutal on faster greens bc I was either leaving it short or blowing them way by.

For me the MXM (or any milled face for that matter) lets me control speed better on faster greens. One thing I had to learn with the TC was adjusting to the insert and having to hit the ball a little harder to get the distances down. It was brutal on faster greens bc I was either leaving it short or blowing them way by.
Yeah I had the Protype iX #9 before with the WHP insert so I know what you're talking about with distance. My first experiment with counter weighting so I'm excited to get it under way.

Has anyone heard a rumor of a plumbers neck Odyssey Works #7 (non-Versa)? Forgive me if this has already been covered here, but I heard a rumor about a couple weeks ago (and saw photos on a link to a UK retailer- very sweet!) that they would be released, overseas at least, on March 27th. I am planning on getting a new putter going into the new season, and I would like to wait on that if it really is coming to retail. The UK website had a #1, #7, and Rossie listed with photos when I saw the site a couple weeks ago, but now they are not up anymore. Can anyone fill me in?

Noticed some Odyssey flags in the holes at my instructors big indoor practice green last night. Asked him about that and he mentioned he was bringing them in house. Pretty cool. He's an accomplished fitter and builder, so I have to wonder what he's got in store here.

Don't want to pull this thread away from the new works line but I received my MXM #1 the other day and man have I missed out for the last year. This thing is incredible. Did get a chance to roll several works putters. That line is going to sell like crazy. The feel is great. I've never liked the versa look unfortunately

Don't want to pull this thread away from the new works line but I received my MXM #1 the other day and man have I missed out for the last year. This thing is incredible. Did get a chance to roll several works putters. That line is going to sell like crazy. The feel is great. I've never liked the versa look unfortunately
I'm the same way.

I cannot find a putter I'm more consistent with than my mxm

Yeah I had the Protype iX #9 before with the WHP insert so I know what you're talking about with distance. My first experiment with counter weighting so I'm excited to get it under way.

and I'm much, much more consistent in every way with an insert...so thank you for not liking the ProType :act-up:

It cracks me up when an eBay seller has weight kits for the MXM line and when I ask what design the weights are for, they tell me the weights fit all designs...umm no they don't & good luck with the sale.

I really wish I could get a black shaft in the MXM 2-Ball

I really wish I could get a black shaft in the MXM 2-Ball

One of my last calls before leaving my golf retail job was about this. They will, for a small charge $20-30 if I recall, will reshaft with a black shaft. You would have to send it in to have it done.

You can try and use heat shrink wrap on the shaft for a cheap yet awesome looking black shaft
b198fb418c837d227ddcfb781c55e20a.jpg

I'm the same way.

I cannot find a putter I'm more consistent with than my mxm

Tried the mxm #1 last year and was the only putter that I liked enough to switch out my white hot #1. Finally pulled the trigger on a mxm versa #1. Seriously can't wait to get this thing off the carpet and on real greens.

Tried some works putters a few weeks ago, but the mxm is legit.

I always wished my mxm had some face/top line contrast. Well today I was bored and I could not be happier with the results.

01732bab7536d57a4c1a66cc8bcdbdb5.jpg

cb01224ecea58009290e76ce649a0538.jpg

f307a5a97b3718b1d8e32e06f39d6d8e.jpg

717fbe4221169846e032246ee1ef27b3.jpg

b3692d8971de1957f87b299428a5cb53.jpg

I always wished my mxm had some face/top line contrast. Well today I was bored and I could not be happier with the results.

01732bab7536d57a4c1a66cc8bcdbdb5.jpg

cb01224ecea58009290e76ce649a0538.jpg

f307a5a97b3718b1d8e32e06f39d6d8e.jpg

717fbe4221169846e032246ee1ef27b3.jpg

b3692d8971de1957f87b299428a5cb53.jpg
Is that paint? How's that going to affect the roll, as minimal as it appears to be? It does look very cool though.

Is that paint? How's that going to affect the roll, as minimal as it appears to be? It does look very cool though.
Nope. Lightly sanded off the black finish. Not going to affect anything. Absolutely no noticeable change to feel/sound/roll

Nope. Lightly sanded off the black finish. Not going to affect anything. Absolutely no noticeable change to feel/sound/roll
Good to hear. I like the concept behind it a lot.

EXTREMELY surprised this morning when I found new, updated Odyssey line today in my local Dicks sporting goods.

6 putts with 2 ball Fang Tank....6 makes.

Why don't I have one yet?

Am coming back to the Odyssey putter ranks after a foray with another brand... Very impressed with the Versa line and it's black-white-black alignment aid (or w-b-w). Question: which is the most common - black-white-black or white-black-white and is there any consensus on which most think provides the best alignment help?

Back