UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Can I just clarify a couple things please.

We arrive and play 18 holes on Sunday afternoon (inclusive).

We have dinner (not inclusive).

Overnight accommodation (inclusive).

Breakfast (Inclusive although there is £10 next to the proper grub?).

Checkout and Play another 18 holes (Inclusive).

36 holes (over 2-days) plus B&B £125.

Dinner, alcohol & prize fund additional.

Looks a very nice course/s and the accommodation looks very plush :thumb:

That is my understanding - but am seeking clarification too.:clapp:

That is my understanding - but am seeking clarification too.:clapp:

Stu, if there is anything I can do to help out up here just say - not sure if you have my mobile number, but if you need it just give me a shout

I may well be up there on Friday as I will hopefully be arranging a fitting session soon but I want to talk to them first about a few things and I have a day off this week so might have a drive up there

That venue looks really good. When are you looking of having this event?
Also is it open to all skill levels as I am quite a high handicapper and don't want to feel out of place.

Also is it open to all skill levels as I am quite a high handicapper and don't want to feel out of place.

Dates are still to be decided

All skill levels are welcome so don't worry about that, it is the fun that we have that makes the event

Chas - in the bar, everyone is off scratch:bomb:

Normally we have a complete mix of handicaps - and we play full allowance. Its all about a laugh.

Stu, if there is anything I can do to help out up here just say - not sure if you have my mobile number, but if you need it just give me a shout

I may well be up there on Friday as I will hopefully be arranging a fitting session soon but I want to talk to them first about a few things and I have a day off this week so might have a drive up there

Hey Doc - I think that I have your number, if not, don't worry, the surveillance team will contact you. By the way - you need to stop scratching your arse so much.:beat-up:

I have a mail into the lassie about some dates, prices and details - so once she is back to me, and considering any comments on here - I'll start a Cup '15 thread....

Chas - in the bar, everyone is off scratch:bomb:

Normally we have a complete mix of handicaps - and we play full allowance. Its all about a laugh.

cool, only thing is I don't drink , never have so I will be the sober one :D

cool, only thing is I don't drink , never have so I will be the sober one :D

You aren't the only one so don't worry about that, I don't drink either

You aren't the only one so don't worry about that, I don't drink either

Cool hope I can make it, and Newcastle is not too far to go for me. I have few golf trips in May during the bank holidays so as long as it's not then I should make it hopefully

Cool hope I can make it, and Newcastle is not too far to go for me. I have few golf trips in May during the bank holidays so as long as it's not then I should make it hopefully

Try not to let the distance put you off for any event, the whole event is a good laugh and a chance to tee it up with some good folks

More non-drinkers!

What is the world coming to?

That's Chas, the Doc and Will_I_Dream all in the dry corner...

DUFFER!! Soon it will just be you and me. Did we ever get you the last T shirt?

Now - non drinkers. You should be aware that my Rugby Days bridged the transition from amateur to professional. So - some Rugby tours had 'athletes' who did not drink. Given that Rugby tours have a Kangaroo court each day - this posed a problem. Fining someone 'down your lemonade in one' does not have the same impact as forcing someone (Geo usually) to drink his own bodyweight in Jaegermeister....

This led to some interesting discoveries...

1. Splendid non alcoholic concoctions can be created with juices, tabasco, eggs and fish.
2. If you think a yard of ale is tough - try a yard of orange juice.
3. Fine or forfeit? My first tour - drinking would have been illegal. So as a 16 year old, I was handcuffed to a 46 year old front row forward from Pontyprid. For three days. Cuffs were removed for two 80 minute rugby matches. AND only then. Educational...

The point I make is that fines will be levied to drinker and non drinker alike.

Nah seriously...we do have a kangaroo court and a bit of a laugh, but I'm pretty good at working out who wants to play and who doesn't: if I get it wrong, just nominate Geo to drink your fine.:angel:

As ever - these events are more fun and less money if we can generate good numbers - I have asked thew hotel about a few possible dates - when they come back, we need to make an effort to build attendance numbers..Im not sure how many of the Southern Posse I'll be able to rustle up

Close House works perfect for me, its only 15 mins from my house :banana:

Date wise, I would prefer after June as I am having a shoulder operation on 19th March so will be out of action for at least 2 months.

Close House works perfect for me, its only 15 mins from my house :banana:

Date wise, I would prefer after June as I am having a shoulder operation on 19th March so will be out of action for at least 2 months.

Am on my mobile but there is a thread up Damo, 5/6 July

Go find it :D

Back