Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

I still think about these. A lot.

The 54 CB in particular.

nice looking wedge #cookie...still at the top of my list for wedges to play this season.

I've never gamed black wedges for an extended period, but I've come to really like them. I think they've worn quite well too - always seems like they get better the more they wear on the sole and the faces are still pretty clean.

I will say I looked at the pics I took when they were freshly unwrapped and drooled a little. Especially the back side of the MB's, though they still look remarkably similar to new out of the box.

I really hate switching wedges and I really like having a set that feels right, looks right, and is consistent from top to bottom. These will easily be in the bag for the rest of this season, barring the occasional review.

These are on my ponder post along with the MD tour grind. Both are very solid choices which makes the choice that much difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking a lot lately about moving away from a set SW. A 54* CB 2.0 may be the ticket. It seems to be a nice middle ground between the more forgiving set SW and a blade 54.

I've been thinking a lot lately about moving away from a set SW. A 54* CB 2.0 may be the ticket. It seems to be a nice middle ground between the more forgiving set SW and a blade 54.

Only had mine in play for 1 round but absolutely love it. Just a solid design that for me still seems to get through to the ball even if not hit perfectly.

I lurve my Mizzies, but I still think about the CB's a lot lot

I'm not sure how a CB would work (for me) in the 58* spot as I like to open the face around the green. However I like to have matching wedges.

Shouldn't make a difference Amart. They offer all the bounce and grind options in both the CB and MB, so they should play the same.

Shouldn't make a difference Amart. They offer all the bounce and grind options in both the CB and MB, so they should play the same.

That is the BIGGEST thing for me that still has me thinking, adding the grind options in the CB was big IMO.

The CB has no problem with playing an open face. The original were good and the 2.0 are even better

Really starting to ponder these hard. CB 54, MB 58.

Really starting to ponder these hard. CB 54, MB 58.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I love my mizzies. But these damn things...

All I'm going to say is that if you do it and you don't get KBS Customs, you are crazy. I could potentially shank every other shot and still be ok with it since they look like they do.

All I'm going to say is that if you do it and you don't get KBS Customs, you are crazy. I could potentially shank every other shot and still be ok with it since they look like they do.

They do look sweet!

I need a demo day bad!!! I'm so over this winter, it does terrible things with my mind.

I need a demo day bad!!! I'm so over this winter, it does terrible things with my mind.

Yup. And my wallet hahaha

These look pretty darn good with Recoils in them also

I bet they do. I hadn't even planned on the black heads and black KBS Tours. Last minute I realized it was an option and man I'm glad I did.

I bet they do. I hadn't even planned on the black heads and black KBS Tours. Last minute I realized it was an option and man I'm glad I did.

I saw those in your bag and immediately realized I should have gone that route. Still might if I change my wedge setup.

Been thinking a lot more about these lately.

In the mood for some perimeter wedge weighting, and with the cb now having the grind options, I could go all cb and get the heel relief I love in my 58

Man, what a day with this one.

54* CB in the bag and it didn't disappoint. Not sure why I can't the success with other wedges but this thing on the back 9 today was just phenomenal. Was getting up/down from everywhere.

Only my 2nd round with it in the bag and things are headed in a very good direction.

Can manipulate it just like a MB wedge but it has just the extra touch of forgiveness.

At this rate, I can see my bag containing Srixon irons and RTX wedges this year if they work for me as well as they work for a lot of other people

Price dropped on them, $99.95 at PGA SS, picked up a 46* CB my self today. Already had the 50, 54 and 58 CBs. I think CBs are great no issues at all, can flop open the face reacts just as well as any bladed wedge I have used. I'm not sure if the 46 will end up replacing my RSI wedge but I am going to see how it works.

Back