2014 #TheGrandaddy Recap & Memories

Sitting in my office, looking at pictures, reliving moments, refreshing memories.

I miss every single person, moment, sight, and smell (those mango towels...)
The joys of accomplishment, as well as the frustrations

The effect this event has had on me is real.

Love it CJ. Memories you will have FOREVER buddy. Be proud, you guys were rockstars and you did in fact rock it.

Sitting in my office, looking at pictures, reliving moments, refreshing memories.

I miss every single person, moment, sight, and smell (those mango towels...)
The joys of accomplishment, as well as the frustrations

The effect this event has had on me is real.

It is crazy isn't it! This feeling still hasn't left me and it has been over a year. Truly a life-changing experience.

As promised I just received the club that was missing from my set...the infamous AW!! They even took the time to match the grip to the rest of my set. Callaway is just amazing. Top notch all the way. Big thanks to GolferGal for staying on top of this for me.

I have to say getting this club just brought all those memories just came rushing back again and I have a big smile on my face. I have my own memories and photos, but putting them down in this thread really makes me happy that this thread is here so I can go re-read my own and my teammates experiences and relive it all again.

And...like clockwork, my AW was delivered today. Built to the exact specifications of the rest of my set (shaft, length, and grip). I'm super pumped to have ALL 14 of my clubs in the bag tonight for my sim round--and no longer have to cheat out of anyone else's bag for that dreaded gap wedge distance. I'd also like to thank Morgan for staying on top of this, as well as Cookie, HeyYoAJ, Finley, and whoever else had a hand in getting it done. It was my fault for not double-checking my order sheet, and I would've been fine never getting it, but in the end, Callaway made it right (shocking I know), and I'm SO happy to have it.

That's awesome they made it right and took care of the infamous AW's for you guys.

They really hosted an unbelievable event. THP hosts every single event on the calendar except this one. We allow Callaway to put on something, because we know it is so special and frankly because we trust them to do it right. They did it right. If people stop for a second and think about what was done for those 10 in this event for a second.

They got flown to San Diego round trip.
They got picked up in a private luxury car and taken to a wonderful hotel.
They had a team dinner at a fancy restaurant and then went back to their own room (not shared) for an evening.
They were then taken to the same performance center that some of the greatest ever get fit at and were given the same treatment. They were said to pick anything they wanted and even got to try gear that was still a month from being announced.
They got a short game lesson from Roger Effin Cleveland.
They had their clubs built on site and delivered 2 hours away to Palm Springs.
Had a wonderful dinner cart blanche at an upscale event with the Callaway Team.
They were taken from a JW freaking Marriott on a private bus to one of the most exclusive clubs there is.
They arrived at The Hideaway to have their personal lockers personalized.
They played golf for the day at said course.
They were taken to a Japanese Steakhouse for another wonderful dinner.
They then played more golf at this incredible venue.
They were then treated to a champions dinner/lunch
Then private bus back to Carlsbad for another night in the hotel.
Then taken back to airport in luxury car to fly home.
Then a few days later, the clubs you got to play arrive at your home to keep forever (for some).

Okay, read that over a few times and then realize its free because this company gives a ****. They dont have to do it. They do it because they care, they understand this community and the people here and because they enjoy your company. Its the Gawd Damn Grandaddy of em all and is simply put the greatest damn event ever created and I am honored to have been a part of it. For some that list means little I guess, for others it means a whole lot. I will wear this logo proudly for the rest of my life and remember the 9 guys I teed it up with and won and lost with.

For the rest of this year....the Grandaddy bag will be in play for me, as a thank you to the fine people that put this ****ing great week on. I have never done that in the 8 years I have been on THP. This bag will never leave me, because its a reminder to winning with Howzat, losing with Howzat, losing singles, but doing so with great guys that brought me a lot of smiles.

Take a look at that list again and tell me who else wants to be a part of the greatest event ever created? Tell me who understands how ****ing incredible it is that it event takes place! I love everything about THP Events...And if I had the ability to plan the perfect event for THPers, it would be one that we already have and its called the ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL!

You forgot the Blueberry infused vodka. :alien:

All kidding aside it is something truly special because of the people involved. No matter where we were we were treated as if we owned the place and people kept thanking us for coming out. Words don't really do it justice.

What a post.. I share many of these same feelings Josh. Something I will never forget. Everytime I put a granddaddy polo or hat or the pullover on, every time I look at my case of markers and see the hideaway ones.. Every time I stripe a drive with my Bertha I am reminded of this incredible event

What a post.. I share many of these same feelings Josh. Something I will never forget. Everytime I put a granddaddy polo or hat or the pullover on, every time I look at my case of markers and see the hideaway ones.. Every time I stripe a drive with my Bertha I am reminded of this incredible event

Effin A. I forgot about the apparel. I forgot that they gave us a credit to the Hideaway proshop. I forgot about the goodies that Callaway provided such as a gym bag and more. Its the gawd damn perfect event and deserves to be treated as much. I will proudly display these clubs and I was reminded today on the golf course, how freaking blessed I am.

You helped create this dude.. It's incredible

JB, I wasn't even there and I know your thoughts are spot on. I can only hope to be a part of it myself one day. If so, I will be as honored and proud of it as I possibly can be!!

They really hosted an unbelievable event. THP hosts every single event on the calendar except this one. We allow Callaway to put on something, because we know it is so special and frankly because we trust them to do it right. They did it right. If people stop for a second and think about what was done for those 10 in this event for a second.

They had a team dinner at a fancy restaurant and then went back to their own room (not shared) for an evening.
They were then taken to the same performance center that some of the greatest ever get fit at and were given the same treatment. They were said to pick anything they wanted and even got to try gear that was still a month from being announced.
They were taken from a JW freaking Marriott on a private bus to one of the most exclusive clubs there is.
Then a few days later, the clubs you got to play arrive at your home to keep forever (for some).

Okay, read that over a few times and then realize its free because this company gives a ****. They dont have to do it. They do it because they care, they understand this community and the people here and because they enjoy your company. Its the Gawd Damn Grandaddy of em all and is simply put the greatest damn event ever created and I am honored to have been a part of it. For some that list means little I guess, for others it means a whole lot. I will wear this logo proudly for the rest of my life and remember the 9 guys I teed it up with and won and lost with.

For the rest of this year....the Grandaddy bag will be in play for me, as a thank you to the fine people that put this ****ing great week on. I have never done that in the 8 years I have been on THP. This bag will never leave me, because its a reminder to winning with Howzat, losing with Howzat, losing singles, but doing so with great guys that brought me a lot of smiles.

Take a look at that list again and tell me who else wants to be a part of the greatest event ever created? Tell me who understands how ****ing incredible it is that it event takes place! I love everything about THP Events...And if I had the ability to plan the perfect event for THPers, it would be one that we already have and its called the ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL!

My terms have been laid out already...

f8a691b95e9ddc47fd49d38af6399504.jpg

The ZooCrew knows where to find me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so freaking excited for the granddaddy to roll around for this year!!!!!!

The #Grandaddy is the most impressive event I've ever seen or heard about. I tried to win my way in the last two years and will again this year if I'm still healthy. But, just following along with the action on and off the course as it unfolded and was posted on here was mind blowing. Callaway always brings it for THP, but, in the #Grandaddy, it's in spades.

PS: THP wins this year. Book it!

There are 6 or 7 things on that list that by themselves would make for an incredible event. To do/see/ experience all of them on one trip, all paid for by Callaway is truly priceless. Talk to any member of #grandady 1 or 2 and this event just resonates to their soul. I can only imagine what it must be like to be in it. Damn it I want in #grandady 3 so bad!

I will say, to me the treatment we received made me wish everyone could feel this!
This was so over the top incredible that it felt guilty.
I cannot wait for more people to get to experience this!

I don't doubt it'll be better next year (somehow...).
And I can't wait to experience it again, through someone else's experience.

I want in this year's SO freaking bad. It is a special event, with some amazing people in the Zoo Crew. The golf, the experience, the swag, all just phenomenally unfreaking believable. It's pretty darn cool that not only has this event ever existed, but it has for 2 years and is coming back for a 3rd. Pretty badass of Callaway to do that. And unreal to have a place like THP where something like this is possible. I know the odds are against me, but damn, I want to be part of the team.

It's really not about the equipment, but I am grateful…

274e604808d0bd737daeaab1ed70dbec.jpg

From the teaser thread:

[quote name="ASN21" post=3568928]Playing in the Grandaddy would be the best golf experience of my life and I'm probably still selling it short. Can't believe the participants received all that![/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
It's life changing.<br />
It's not an exaggeration, it is!<br />
<br />
This goes out to anyone, if you have questions, or anything, heck even want to just talk grandaddy reach out to us, I'm sure we can talk your ear off!<br />
<br />
And yes, we received all that. And more<br />
<br />
<br />
Imagine not being able to carry your bag to your practice station, because it is carried there for you.<br />
Imagine when you're done and wanting to move to the putting green, again your bag is moved for you, and your clubs cleaned while you putt.<br />
<br />
Imagine after your round being handed an ultra refreshing Mango scented towel.<br />
<br />
Oh, those mango scented towels....

Not sure why it quoted myself, but while many say its not about the gear...I say its a big part of it and I am so honored to have it. And I NEVER say that about golf gear. It means the world and will remind me every time I step foot on a course for the rest of this year.

Wait....!
You were there?

It's true, the clubs were only part of it, albeit a very cool part, and part I treasure!
But at the end of the day, I can buy the clubs if I had to, I cannot buy the memories! I cannot buy the friendships! I cannot buy the experience!

The whole package is so incredible!

I really love reading this thread whenever it bubbles back up to the top. I obviously wasn't there, but the live thread and recap thread did an amazing job of capturing what must have been an unbelievable few days.

I'll be trying as hard as I can for the 2015 edition. If I don't get in, I'll be useless for a couple days at work while I follow along I. Support. And like v.man said, this year is THPs year.

I still can't believe the generosity of Callaway and what they do for THP in #TheGrandaddy. I'm hoping that I'm eligible to put my hat in the ring.

Yeah JB! Your post just makes me want to reach through the interwebs and give you a high five! Then if possible sit around a table and let Pete & CJ tell stories that certainly have no business being repeated, let alone told in company!

Its a strange feeling when folks that I see around the golf course ask me where the sweet looking setup came from. I usually get so jacked up telling them the stories I forget that I'm supposed to be playing golf as well. Then the look on their faces is just priceless. Its been amazing reliving the moments to family and friends, sharing the mementos from the Hideaway with my crew and continuing the banter with my fellow Basement Dwellers. The Grandaddy is truly the event of a lifetime and I can only pray that I can experience it a second time, but then again, others deserve to experience the Grandaddy of em all. The equipment is legendary but the friends from THP and Callaway are what make the event so memorable.

The way Callaway absolutely bends over backwards for the THPers at the Grandaddy is crazy! JB's post says it all obviously but the fact that they've done this not once but TWICE and plan on continuing the trend?! Amazing.

Back