Could You Tell What Ball?

Of course I could. Would not be right but I could still tell you something.

Probably not honestly. At least not if they are all the same kind(premium vs others). i might be able to tell say a ProV1 or an SR3 from a supersoft or a DT solo for example

probably not

Not at all. Not only couldn't I tell a difference in brand, I doubt I could tell the difference in compression. SuperSoft vs. ProV1 vs B330 vs Pinnacle? I'm sure they may sound a little different coming off the club face, but I doubt I'd be able to tell which one was which.

If THP did a test and put down 6 golf balls in the 100 yard spot and none had logos on them. You are not bending over to move them or picking them up to examine dimples. Could you tell one ball from the other? Could you tell type of ball from another? Brand?

I doubt it.

I wouldn't be able to tell at all.

No, in most cases. However I'm sure I would know this one when I hit it.

header.jpg

I would have not idea, except for maybe the Callaways that have a hexagonal dimple.

I could maybe tell a Urethane from a non-urethane by the way the ball lands, but otherwise...nope.

I might be able to tell the most generic of rocks from a tour-level ball, but not with any more specificity than that. And as soon as you got away from the extremes on both ends of the spectrum, I wouldn't be able to tell at all.

High or low compression and Callaway or Bridgestone based off dimples yea I think I could. Everything else no.

I think I could tell the difference between a distance and tour ball, but not sure how much more than that.

Nope, not a chance.

By looks only? I highly doubt it.

I did a blind ball test with myself today and I had no idea between a Chrome Soft, Chrome +, and ProV1x.

Depends on the ball. At first glance I might be able to tell a few brands. But if you are asking me to decide what model it is, I probably couldn't tell. I would be able to make an educated guess once I saw how the ball reacted on the green but that's about it.

Not a chance

Hitting them to the green, I might be able to tell the top tier balls from the distance balls but I doubt I could tell say a b330rx from a prov1. Part of the problem being that the trajectory from that yardage is high enough it may be difficult to tell much difference in spin.

If you changed that to a 30 yard pitch it may well be much more obvious.

Highly doubt I would be able to differentiate much at all

I'd probably be able to tell if they are shot into the greens but not by much. Some balls are closer than others in characteristics. If you put all premium balls, it'd be hard to tell. Pro V vs SR3? Definitely different.

Not no way, not no how.

Maybe cover type. Maybe.

Fwiw, I don't think people see even half the differences they see between balls to begin with. Full swing, chipping, whatever.

Not only will I be able to tell the differences, but I will give you an accurate number of dimples per ball.

No way could I tell

Back