This 70 to 75 yard wedge shot is the shortest I am comfortable and confident with. Closer in is my trouble zone. For this shot, assuming there is not a lot of wind involved, I generally hit my 48* with good 3/4 swing. If there is a lot of wind in either direction, I might choose a 8 or 9 iron punch shot.

Level or downhill to green - full 60 degree
Uphill or trouble in front, - 56 degree with a little sauce taken off.

I don't have the game to try and work trajectory, so I keep it simple with full or near full swings.

This shot is a 3/4 60 degree wedge

This is my 54 and depending what I want to do I'll manipulate the face and ball position

75 yds used to be a bad spot for me, but not anymore. Right now I would just hit a 3/4 sand wedge and try to stick it close to the hole.

75 Yard Approach

Depends, I can hit it a few different ways. Low spinner, something a little higher with the hop and stop, or with little roll out. 46/50/54 depending on what I'm wanting to do.

If I'm in the fairway I can play a 75 shot with my 61, 57, or 53. From the rough I just go with my 61 and an open face.

I can usually pick high or low by manipulating ball position and shaft lean, but I'm not good enough to hit the ball exactly a certain height.

75 yds is a full 54 wedge for me. The "fun" for me is usually in the 35-60 yards range.

To me you have to play a partial swing with a 52, 54 and 56. You could even sauté one with a PW. I'm looking for a lower trajectory shot so I can control the spin. A short swing with plenty of speed at the bottom

My Gap at 50 deg typically get me 100 so I target 3/4 - if I've got to go over a trap, it's high, with or without much backspin (still experimenting with less swing, more speed at the ball for more backspin). I've tried the low screamer - 2 hops and a skip with limited success - still getting that one into the arsenal.

Last edited:
Either 56 or 60 depending on pin placement and how hard I want to swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually hit a knock down 8 or 9 iron. I have something very odd going on with wedges lately and essentially shank them so yeah, 8 or 9 iron.

Majority of the time I'd play a 3/4 60* and fly it just short (theoretically!) and have it one hop and stop.

If there is rough or any lie issues, I'll play my 56* since it has a little more bounce and flight it down a bit.

Almost always my 54* with ball a little back in my stance, a nice and easy full swing for me.

It'll be a partial swing shot PW, AW or 54* to control the flight and spin. Depending on the openness of the green and pin access will dictate a right to left ball, left to right ball or go right at it

easy swing with my gap wedge if the safe zone is behind the flag, full swing with my 54 if there is trouble behind the flag.

That is pretty much a smooth full swing with my 56

Ball back in my stance, stancw open, AW from my XR set, 10 o clock and 2 o clock. Should get me close and then hope it doesn't go to far from the pitch mark.

Full 62*.
3/4 swing 56*.
1/2 swing 50* if I want the ball to run out a bit.

Depending on the terrain, I'd either hit a very choked up PW, or a low runner. I'm not comfortable enough with my 54* or 58* to be able to hit a clean shot there, so the choked up half swing PW would probably be my shot.

That's my 54* wedge. comfort zone.

60 degree, back of stance, 3/4 swing.

I can get there with a full 60* swing, but I'd rather take a partial swing with my 56*

I had a few of these on Sunday and it worked pretty well. I've played a low 50* to take a quick stop in the past with decent results.

just back of center and full swing with the 59* off a fairly flat lie

Most of the time I play the ball in the back of my stance and use my 56.

Back