Newly Re-shafted :-)

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
So I never had a true fitting or a set of clubs reshafted before. Always stock. That changed when I visited Club Champion in early January. The finished product, done by a guy out of South Carolina, recommended by Rambler, is fantastic!! S55's (4-PW) & 54/60* Scor wedges with C Taper Lite shafts, 2* up, FLO'd, with D5 swing weight in the irons and D6 in the wedges. If only there weren't blizzard warnings out and I could make it to the dome!!

THP has given me a tinkering bug and next up are my woods and hybrid!!

*Another big thanks to AdamW for the incredible gesture with the shafts*

5de3e3bb80d75c6606107cd9e03d1563.jpg

5e8d70b670f314241235ef7418aa45d5.jpg

a492df0079a4c32d707c0773aeaee870.jpg

And if you're like me and need/want someone to do this type of thing for you, I can't recommend Ken enough. His communication, finished product, and price provided a great experience for me.

great! now come help me shovel lol
:angry:

They look good. Too bad the storm is keeping them from the dome, today.

Bring bail money I just paintballed the snow plow for leaving all the snow at the end of my driveway again

Those look awesome Derek. I know they have a lot to offer and real knowledgeable staff.

I'm most likely going to the Club Champion here for a driver fitting. We are also planning a MD/DC/VA THP Open house there in March.

Nice! Did you go to downtown Club Champion or suburb? How was your experience?

Nice! Did you go to downtown Club Champion or suburb? How was your experience?
Went to the Northfield location which is/has moved to Deerfield. Tim was great over there! Still have to go back for my driver and woods fitting.

Went to the Northfield location which is/has moved to Deerfield. Tim was great over there! Still have to go back for my driver and woods fitting.

That's great to hear. I had a good friend go and highly recommended it so I was all set to take advantage of their 1/2 off special in Jan., then promptly sprained fingers on my right hand. Smh...oh well

That's great to hear. I had a good friend go and highly recommended it so I was all set to take advantage of their 1/2 off special in Jan., then promptly sprained fingers on my right hand. Smh...oh well
They may still honor it if you ask. A friend of mine is doing it in mid February. He paid right up front.

dhartmann34
Who did you get to do this for you in S.C.? I'm looking at getting some new shafts put in my irons and looking for someone with experience to do it. Had a friend do this in the past but he moved with his job a couple of months ago.

I PM'd you his information.

dhartmann34
Who did you get to do this for you in S.C.? I'm looking at getting some new shafts put in my irons and looking for someone with experience to do it. Had a friend do this in the past but he moved with his job a couple of months ago.

If you want all your shaft labels down, just peel me off and email Kbs for some replacement stickers. I always keep mine fresh looking! the guys over there are awesome

Thanks for the info! I know with the FLO'ing it gets the labels all sorts of goofy since the shafts aren't all the same. I'll email KBS and see what they say. Thank you again!

If you want all your shaft labels down, just peel me off and email Kbs for some replacement stickers. I always keep mine fresh looking! the guys over there are awesome

D5 SW in your irons! Dang. Can I use a club as a training aid to help me warm up?

Thanks for the info! I know with the FLO'ing it gets the labels all sorts of goofy since the shafts aren't all the same. I'll email KBS and see what they say. Thank you again!

actually, i'm even surprised they ended up like that. Whenever i've ordered new KBS shafts, the stickers always come on them separately. I guess who they get them from could always be different and already-applied, but in my experience i get to apply them myself after when i'm done. I've always had a great customer experience when dealing with KBS's customer service, so i'm sure they'll get you some extra stickers no problem. That being said, i think i'm going to run my c-tapers naked this year :)

D5 SW in your irons! Dang. Can I use a club as a training aid to help me warm up?
Yeah I get quick and the heavier weights helps me tremendously. Club feels really good on my hands.

actually, i'm even surprised they ended up like that. Whenever i've ordered new KBS shafts, the stickers always come on them separately. I guess who they get them from could always be different and already-applied, but in my experience i get to apply them myself after when i'm done. I've always had a great customer experience when dealing with KBS's customer service, so i'm sure they'll get you some extra stickers no problem. That being said, i think i'm going to run my c-tapers naked this year :)

I actually got some of the shafts New from a THPer and had to buy a few as well. Emailed them last night. We'll see what they say

Was able to hit these today.... WOW!! Lower ball flight than the CFS. The swing weight feels incredible.... And contact feels solid. Really really happy with this and I can't wait to get back to the dome next weekend!

Thanks again for the recommendation of contacting KBS. They are sending out new labels.

Strike pattern with new shafts and swing weight is awesome!

20b6c8832dec3ee42f1d0cf0123b4976.jpg

Awesome Derek! I am considering CTL's or NS Pro 950's for a reshaft in the future - the fitter suggested both would be good options, but our full dynamic fitting will give us the answer.

Yeah, CTL's feel great so far although I've only hit about 100 balls total in a dome. I think my fitter testing and changing the swing weights during my fitting REALLY was a big help for me. I can feel the club head now which seems to have helped me come from the inside a little more. Just need this snow to melt :)

Awesome Derek! I am considering CTL's or NS Pro 950's for a reshaft in the future - the fitter suggested both would be good options, but our full dynamic fitting will give us the answer.

Back