Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Working hard to get my game in shape, my mind in shape and my body in shape. I walked 18 today and was very pleased with the day overall. I just posted this in the "what did you shoot today" thread...

49/44 which I'm extremely pleased about. My front 9 had OB Tee shots on #5 & #6 but I only 3 putted once. Going into 10 I told myself "Ok, not bad, but you can do much better today". I did not 3 putt the entire back nine and the card looked like this... Bogey, DB, par, birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, triple bogey (stupid par 3) and bogey on 18.

Overall, I saw much improvement. I still have a lot of work to do to dial in my wedge distances. Anything 75 and in is way too inconsistent for me. I was crushing my drives on the back nine as well. All in all, a great day, lowered my handicap to 18.7 after today's scores. I was thinking as I was driving home today my nickname could have been "Danger Zone". Because I was either hitting dangerously good or dangerously bad LOL! I almost took my buddies knee caps out with a skulled wedge that flew across the green.YIKES!!!

six4three5 and drove an hour in -6* weather to hit balls for 2 hours in an indoor range today, just in the hope of getting in this event, am working hard to be as good as i can be.....just in case i get chosen!

157 days to put in work for #THPLegacy!!

That's 22.4 weeks. Doesn't seem like a lot of time, so whatever time you do have, make it count.

~Rock

Looking like quite a few people playing these courses for the first time, Im hoping your #THPLegacy includes practice rounds at each, these courses are unique and more than likely wont be like your local spot you are playing on the weekends.

Looking like quite a few people playing these courses for the first time, Im hoping your #THPLegacy includes practice rounds at each, these courses are unique and more than likely wont be like your local spot you are playing on the weekends.

Pretty exciting day on THP today. Two lucky people will have their world's rocked today!

That's 22.4 weeks. Doesn't seem like a lot of time, so whatever time you do have, make it count.

~Rock
That's 20 lessons and 40 rounds. :)

Amen to this. True Blue and Caledonia aren't the local muni and will eat your lunch if you don't come prepared with your best game. I'm coming in Thursday to get in a practice round and hopefully we can get one in on Friday too.

I'll be joining ya!

Congrats to Martsy and Dave, welcome aboard fellas!! Look forward to meeting you both. Glad you like those clubs Dave, it would've been awkward if you hated them, and me lol

Amen to this. True Blue and Caledonia aren't the local muni and will eat your lunch if you don't come prepared with your best game. I'm coming in Thursday to get in a practice round and hopefully we can get one in on Friday too.

I believe a 9 hole practice round is scheduled for Friday. I'm going to be arriving to MB Tuesday, but that is for vacation purposes. I'll be arriving to the villas/condos at True Blue sometime on Thursday. At this time, I'm not planning on bringing my clubs, but maybe I'll ride around with some people on Thursday, just to get a view of things.

~Rock

I believe a 9 hole practice round is scheduled for Friday. I'm going to be arriving to MB Tuesday, but that is for vacation purposes. I'll be arriving to the villas/condos at True Blue sometime on Thursday. At this time, I'm not planning on bringing my clubs, but maybe I'll ride around with some people on Thursday, just to get a view of things.

~Rock

Yeah definitely scour the courses or find some way to play, you do not want your first time out there to be in the actual competition

Updated list...

Welcome to our two newest teammates...Martsy and Dave Alvarado

As it stands now...
Shakey - You will be sponsored by Wilson Staff with KBS Shafts and Lamkin Grips
Lightningbolt44 - You will be sponsored by Bridgestone Golf with KBS Shafts and Lamkin Grips
Bridgestone Golf/ KBS/ Lamkin
golf4life w/ Team Dev
Fairband
The Papa
Orange Hog
Martsy
Lightningbolt44

Wilson Staff/ KBS/ Lamkin
McRock w/ Team441
Rambler
Jhoefer99
Erky
Dave Alvarado
Shakey

Last edited:
Seems like at least one or more team practice rounds will be in order in the day or two before we start... curious if people are planning on bringing spouses or are people going on a strictly Legacy business trip?

Yeah definitely scour the courses or find some way to play, you do not want your first time out there to be in the actual competition

I was thinking of Not bringing my clubs as well but now I'm not so sure...

I was thinking of Not bringing my clubs as well but now I'm not so sure...

I would suggest everyone bring their clubs. Those practice rounds are going to be invaluable.

Your killing me Mike. Now my mind is trying to figure out how to get a couple of practice rounds in. Although, my wife did assume I was going to bring my clubs and get some practice in. Maybe that's my 'in.'

~Rock

I will most likely be driving to this event, so I will be bringing my clubs.

Seems like at least one or more team practice rounds will be in order in the day or two before we start... curious if people are planning on bringing spouses or are people going on a strictly Legacy business trip?

#AllBusiness

Your killing me Mike. Now my mind is trying to figure out how to get a couple of practice rounds in. Although, my wife did assume I was going to bring my clubs and get some practice in. Maybe that's my 'in.'

~Rock

Im not saying, Im just saying

Congrats to Martsy and Dave, welcome aboard fellas!! Look forward to meeting you both. Glad you like those clubs Dave, it would've been awkward if you hated them, and me lol
Yeah it's funny, I also bought Apex UT's off Orange Hog (and got to meet him in person). Funny that I'll be playing with/against the guys who provided my current set. :)

I've actually been eyeing Wilson Staff's offerings this morning to see what looks closest to the Apexes.

Yeah it's funny, I also bought Apex UT's off Orange Hog (and got to meet him in person). Funny that I'll be playing with/against the guys who provided my current set. :)

I've actually been eyeing Wilson Staff's offerings this morning to see what looks closest to the Apexes.

Based on you developing your game to reduce your index, if I was ni your spot Id take the D200 irons (assuming those are offered) and never look back

Ok, you've talked me into it. I'm sure it will be brought up by many later, but I am likely arriving Tuesday around noon. So, at this time, I will be available for some practice rounds.

Maybe I'll just leave straight from the KC Invitational (assuming I get in). I'm flying out of KC anyways.

~Rock

At this point it is going to be an all #THPLegacy trip for me, I already have another family vacation planned so I am coming to Myrtle to strictly win!

How did people get two sets of clubs home?

At this point it is going to be an all #THPLegacy trip for me, I already have another family vacation planned so I am coming to Myrtle to strictly win!

How did people get two sets of clubs home?

Shipping them home is an option. I think some people did that at the last MC.

Ok, you've talked me into it. I'm sure it will be brought up by many later, but I am likely arriving Tuesday around noon. So, at this time, I will be available for some practice rounds.

Maybe I'll just leave straight from the KC Invitational (assuming I get in). I'm flying out of KC anyways.

~Rock

KC event wraps up on July 11th and Legacy starts on the 23rd, right? Are you staying in KC for an extra week?

Back