Once Again: Interlock vs. Vardon

My Dad taught me using the interlock decades ago and I just stuck with it. I have tried the overlap a few times and it just isn't comfortable for me.

My uncle taught me to interlock when I first started playing and now everything else feels so foreign to me that I normally give up after about 3 or 4 swings. Plus, my hands and fingers are so small (like carnival small) that if I didn't interlock, I'd be tossing clubs midway through my swing.

Once Again: Interlock vs. Vardon

I started with the baseball grip, most likely cause it was most comfortable. 2 years ago I switched to overlapping but last season noticed I would loose the grip at points in the swing. This winter I switched to interlocking and I love it. It felt awful at first! Couple range sessions later and it feels natural. Feel much more connected and secure. The contact I've been making with irons speaks for itself. However I've been losing the driver right since switching.

I started with interlocking, but I moved to the Vardon grip because I have long fingers. I also was holding the club way to tight with the interlock and was using my hands and wrists way to much. The Vardon grip seems to help me have a more consistent swing.

overlap since 1972, I have a very "strong" grip. have never had problems using this grip, other areas yes, lol, but not the grip

I grew up using Vardon grip and never considered changing until a couple of years ago when I was having trouble with it loosening at the top. Tried the interlock and really liked it a lot - grip felt more secure and hands worked together better BUT the little finger on my right hand got swollen after every round and halfway through the season I had to quit using it cause it hurt too much. Went back to the Vardon and last year went to midsize grips, which made all the difference in the world.

And George, no normal human should try to emulate whatever that is that Michelson's doing when his hand comes off the club through impact. You could get hurt!

As far as PM is concerned, You might be right, but it's Vijay, too
c918696991d8f7e6f41140149a44b439.jpg
6f30a8fd1ef64e3fd9f5e8b966a22ea0.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Funny Thing is, about 0.07 sec later, his right hand has regripped again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I went from baseball to interlock to overlap, and have stuck with overlap, it seems to work for me, but if I try and do something different it sure feels awkward.

I started and played for a long time with the interlocking. Moved to the Vardon last year and haven't looked back.

I'm an interlock guy. I've tried overlap at the driving range a time or two, but have never really tried to convert.

Tried the interlock and really liked it a lot - grip felt more secure and hands worked together better BUT the little finger on my right hand got swollen after every round and halfway through the season I had to quit using it cause it hurt too much.

This is me to a tee. I like the interlock as a whole. My right pinky finger, not so much. Therefore I use the overlap.

I switched to overlap last summer when my normal interlock kept giving me a bloody blister on my rh (3rd finger near the top knuckle) and have stuck with it. Now I can't go back.

My right pinky has also been broken a few times and has a big bone spur on it that wasn't feeling too great either so I think I'll stick with overlap for now.

I've tried interlocking from time to time but it never felt comfortable, probably because I didn't practice enough with it. I'll stick with the Vardon grip. I read somewhere that in order of "wristiness" as affected by the grip, from least to most it would be interlocking, overlapping, 10 finger / baseball grip.

I always learned using a variant of the Vardon grip, instead of overlapping I rest my right pinky in the crook of my left index finger and left thumb it's what I was taught in lesson during a very bad stretch of my golf game, I was taught to take a very weak(not as in grip strength) grip that at first I questioned because it opened the club face, I recently got away from the teachings and got back in the rut, but I'm starting to go back to my teachings and it's doing wonders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started out using the interlock, but over time it started out really hurting my right ring finger. My fingers seem to be less stressed during the swing using the overlap/vardon so that's what I'm using currently.

Same thing here. Specifically the first knuckle on that hand.
It flares up even with the vardon grip if I play too much in one day.

Back