Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So today on a short par 5 only 490 I had a double eagle. Was left with 228 to the hole and I crushed my 5 iron (says the internet golfer) it was more like my 5 wood and the ball hit just short of the green and started a nice roll towards the flag. Then clink the ball hit the flag and fell. Double Eagle.

Now unfortunately the first time I tried this shot by glutes were not firing and I chunked the shot and was left with 135. Now I did make par but man it sure would have been nice to actually score that double eagle. Damn Glutes always causing problems. :banghead::laughing:

So today on a short par 5 only 490 I had a double eagle. Was left with 228 to the hole and I crushed my 5 iron (says the internet golfer) it was more like my 5 wood and the ball hit just short of the green and started a nice roll towards the flag. Then clink the ball hit the flag and fell. Double Eagle.

Now unfortunately the first time I tried this shot by glutes were not firing and I chunked the shot and was left with 135. Now I did make par but man it sure would have been nice to actually score that double eagle. Damn Glutes always causing problems. :banghead::laughing:

You should have stopped before the second paragraph. Congrats on the great shot anyways, but I am sure that is frustrating knowing what could have been.

Wow! Congrats on a great second (repeat) shot!!

Congrats...the second guy seems to always be a great golfer

Congrats! So what you are saying is that you have the shot, but not the timing?! :act-up:

I Know the feeling bud!

JM

I guess it wouldn't have been in the true spirit of the game to determine your first ball to be unplayable and take the drop and hole out for a 4, would it?

So the first was a mulligan?...Nice shot {golf clap}

I play one mulligan per 9 so I say it counts!

I guess it wouldn't have been in the true spirit of the game to determine your first ball to be unplayable and take the drop and hole out for a 4, would it?

Did not think of that.

Congrats on what we Europeans call the Albatross.

Shame wasn't on your first try, but you now know you can do it!

Nice shot...regardless of the stroke count....well done.

Back