Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife's friend asked is she could come over and use our stand up mixer (wedding present) and bake cookies this evening. Told her she needs to make extra.

How awesome is that, getting some homemade cookies made for us!

Sounds like a win win.

No clue. Woke up Sunday morning of the Hubbard, OH gathering with right (not the broken wrist side) elbow tendinitis/tennis elbow.

It hurts ALL the time.

EXCEPT when I'm swinging a golf club or throwing a bowling ball, but opening a door or shaking somebody's hand...or god forbid a pillow falls off the bed and I reach down to grab it and pull it back up...? Tears.

Yikes! At least it doesn't hurt for the important stuff and there is another joke in there, but this is a family friendly site :)

Yikes! At least it doesn't hurt for the important stuff and there is another joke in there, but this is a family friendly site :)
But that's also a source of my hesitation. If it doesn't hurt to golf, why go see a doctor who might tell me not to play golf? At the same time, if there is something wrong, and now going on 3.5 months of pain, how can there not be? I should want to get it taken care of right away.

But that's also a source of my hesitation. If it doesn't hurt to golf, why go see a doctor who might tell me not to play golf? At the same time, if there is something wrong, and now going on 3.5 months of pain, how can there not be? I should want to get it taken care of right away.

That is weird. How can you pick up and throw a bowling ball with no pain but not a pillow. I'd need to know what was going on too but I have a strong doctor aversion which might get in the way.

Foot is not broken!! Whew...Just a bone bruise and 3 months of healing, but no boot or cast for me!

That's great news. I'm off to an MRI for my hamstring. I can't see it being anything catastrophic since I've been walking better since last Monday, but still annoying.

That is weird. How can you pick up and throw a bowling ball with no pain but not a pillow. I'd need to know what was going on too but I have a strong doctor aversion which might get in the way.
The making of a fist action (basically the same as grabbing a pillow, shaking someone's hand, and/or opening a door) is the one that triggers the pain. Top of the forearm muscle/outside elbow tendon as opposed to bowling which uses the much stronger bottom forearm muscle/inside elbow tendon. (I just made all of that up, but it makes sense in my head).

Also, extending my arm fully--that hurts like a B as well. Thank god for my chicken wing golf swing....

The making of a fist action (basically the same as grabbing a pillow, shaking someone's hand, and/or opening a door) is the one that triggers the pain. Top of the forearm muscle/outside elbow tendon as opposed to bowling which uses the much stronger bottom forearm muscle/inside elbow tendon. (I just made all of that up, but it makes sense in my head).

Also, extending my arm fully--that hurts like a B as well. Thank god for my chicken wing golf swing....

Makes sense to me :) You probably should get it checked out.

I just got home from quitting a job I have not been happy with for over a year. I start my new position as an insurance underwriter Monday morning. A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got home from quitting a job I have not been happy with for over a year. I start my new position as an insurance underwriter Monday morning. A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Nice, Andy. Congrats on the new gig. Is it the one that took their time getting back to you?

I know how much you were looking forward to find a new job somewhere, happy for you bud!

Nice, Andy. Congrats on the new gig. Is it the one that took their time getting back to you?

I know how much you were looking forward to find a new job somewhere, happy for you bud!

Yes, thanks Troy. I've had the offer for a week. I got final word today that I passed background/drug/tobacco screening and a start date.

No clue. Woke up Sunday morning of the Hubbard, OH gathering with right (not the broken wrist side) elbow tendinitis/tennis elbow.

It hurts ALL the time.

EXCEPT when I'm swinging a golf club or throwing a bowling ball, but opening a door or shaking somebody's hand...or god forbid a pillow falls off the bed and I reach down to grab it and pull it back up...? Tears.

Go to a chiropractor. Seriously. As soon as you can.

Congrats dude, nothing worse than being in a job you don't want.

Just had a grandma come in with a student who has a 13.4 in my class and OBLITERATE him in front of me verbally. There is hope, there are people who still care.

There's so many amazing people on this forum. I've learned to be a bit cynical when it comes to people I've met online (had some bad experiences with music-related relationships) but everyone here has been just awesome in all the time I've been here. Guys have gone out of their way to offer advice on issues, research things that could help my kids, ran out to check local stores to see if they had an older club in stock, you name it. I honestly lose sleep because of this forum since I'm on it so much and checking from my phone if I'm not near a computer, and I don't mind it one bit.

Loyal, to a fault. Its how I was raised, inevitably it burns me as it did today with work, but I'll never stop being wired that way, ever. That is my happy.

Loyal, to a fault. Its how I was raised, inevitably it burns me as it did today with work, but I'll never stop being wired that way, ever. That is my happy.

Can't stop being you dude. I know the feeling of being burned, but the alternative just isn't an option.

It's a trait that seems to escape to many people these days. It's been replaced with greed, and self centered, and entitlement. Keep on getting on brother.

It's a trait that seems to escape to many people these days. It's been replaced with greed, and self centered, and entitlement. Keep on getting on brother.

Can I be loyal and self-centered?

Just had a grandma come in with a student who has a 13.4 in my class and OBLITERATE him in front of me verbally. There is hope, there are people who still care.

Imo grandparents get it because of their experience and knowledge while many parents today don't care or don't take responsibility for their involvement in the kids education or hold the student responsible.

My little nephew is going home from the hospital today! It will be nice for my brother and sister in law to get a little bit of normalcy back into their lives.

Coming home to Charlotte. Happy.

Might get to play golf this weekend. Happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back