THP Invitational-Old Silo Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

Sure. Where ever needed doesn't matter to me.

No tenative for me on Sunday round sir I am definately in for a early round

Hard Hat tour at Buffalo Trace Distillery

I am going to take this tour Friday at 10:30. It runs an hour long and I will be back at the course before 1:00 for my practice round. I feel it would be a real shame to visit this area and not see what it is famous for. The tour is free but it requires a reservation as the group size is limited. If anyone wants to join me send me a PM soon and I will set up the reservation. We could meet for breakfast and carpool if needed.

This would be so much cooler with a group of fellow THPers.

Hard Hat tour at Buffalo Trace Distillery

I am going to take this tour Friday at 10:30. It runs an hour long and I will be back at the course before 1:00 for my practice round. I feel it would be a real shame to visit this area and not see what it is famous for. The tour is free but it requires a reservation as the group size is limited. If anyone wants to join me send me a PM soon and I will set up the reservation. We could meet for breakfast and carpool if needed.

This would be so much cooler with a group of fellow THPers.
Side note, buffalo trace is awesome! I'm a Makers fan at heart but the tour at Buffalo Trace is leaps and bounds better.

Side note, buffalo trace is awesome! I'm a Makers fan at heart but the tour at Buffalo Trace is leaps and bounds better.

This is what I'm saying. Let's get a group and sample some bourbon.

Last edited:
Hotel booked.

Gotcha, me and parshooter are staying over at the Ramada. He got a pretty good deal there.
Actually went w/ Marriott as I heard block of rooms were gone.

Early/noon rounds for both days would be preferred for me.

Also if anyone is looking for/needs a roommate for saturday night (or both friday/saturday) hit me up!

Last edited:
Mike,

if you need to push the Knoxville crew to 11 or 12 for the sake of numbers feel free to do so sir. We are pretty flexible, 10am is just the earliest we could get there.

Thanks for your hard work!

Mike,

if you need to push the Knoxville crew to 11 or 12 for the sake of numbers feel free to do so sir. We are pretty flexible, 10am is just the earliest we could get there.

Thanks for your hard work!

Sounds good, we will see how things shake out over the next few days and go from there

MD I can be at the 1st tee on Friday any time starting at 10am. Really flexible so just fit me in wherever you need me. Sunday is officially tentative though. It would be noon or later right now.

I think a few people mentioned the room block was gone for THP at the hotel for this event.

The hotel has confirmed that only 2 rooms (1 room for 2 nights)have been reserved under this room block, so there is still plenty of room to sign up.

thanks

OITW (and probably MBurnham?) are booked here. Our plane lands at 8 so we should be good to go for a late AM round, easily early afternoon. That Buffalo Trace tour doesn't sound awful.

1pm sound good? I can add you to that group, will be close to having 8 for it

1pm sound good? I can add you to that group, will be close to having 8 for it

Aw crap. sorry Mike, I got this one confused with the Pittsburgh event, we will not be there. Silos and Stonewalls. duh. I was wondering why a bourbon distillery was in PA!

Does anyone know if you can have more then 2 guys in a room?

I can play on Friday. But not sure of time. And will have to play with no THPer's. I know that's just wrong to say but it will be Terra's first round of golf ever and she will be to nervous to play in front of people she doesn't know. THP may be my family but it's not hers... yet!

Plus it's my Birthday on that Friday!

I think a few people mentioned the room block was gone for THP at the hotel for this event.

The hotel has confirmed that only 2 rooms (1 room for 2 nights)have been reserved under this room block, so there is still plenty of room to sign up.

thanks
I think that was me that said it - sorry about that. ...Now I am wondering why the woman said it to me when I was making the reservation. Not like she had sell.me on making resevation.

don't ask me why but I actually booked mine through hotels.com. It was the same price, any reason I should cancel that and book direct in our block?

Does anyone know if you can have more then 2 guys in a room?

I don't think there's a problem with more than 2 - rooms were listed as "occupancy 5 adults" & price is per room, not per person. Only real limit I imagine is I assume evyone wants there own bed - but the Hyatt rooms all have sofa/sleepers I think

Spooning with fellow THPers is always acceptable.

You will be teased for years, but you might be already used to that.

Back