What is your favorite iron finish? Why?

Satin on irons and black face on driver, 3W and hybos.

I am really falling in love with the brushed look, black is beautiful but looks crappy to me when it starts to rust and get worn, chrome has always been my go to but even it's losing it's luster lately, THP has confused and conflicted my golf likes.

THP has confused and conflicted my golf likes.

I know what you mean. When I was pondering my MP15s I read on their Euro site where you could order custom finishes for your irons. Also stated that some finishes provided a softer "feel".....as if buying irons that feel and look good isn't hard enough, they have to throw that wrench in my works. Luckily for my wallet you could only order the custom finishes from Europe.

That got me humming about what finishes I didn't like and the only one I could think of was the Apex finish. It seemed like it had no secrets and shoes every little knock or scuff. After 4 months the clubs looked like I had them for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black oxide or gunmetal for me. Doesn't look good on every iron, though, so satin with chrome accents is my second choice.

I don't know what it's called, but I love the finish that Ping puts on its G series irons.

I am a polished chrome fan. It just looks better, longer to me. Satin gets a "used" look fairly quickly, and the dark finishes that I've seen just don't hold up. But, if a club works for me, it could be any finish.

I'm a fan of brushed or straight chrome. Never had an issue with glare before. I loathe the PVD finishes that being used these days.

Brand new I love chrome, but two months old I'll take satin the rest of the way

Satin is my fav. Never had any black irons, probably would like 'em. Dislike the rusty wedges and such.

Back