Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

I played this with the oban kiboshi gold yesterday. Best results for me with that shaft and head combo came with a controlled tempo. The red tie was easier to hit with an aggressive transition

Never hit an oban but the red tie worked really well with my transition. It's pretty aggressive so I'd say you are spot on. My plan was to put the whiteboard in at the turn but I simply couldn't risk changing anything. It was working that well for me. I only missed 3 fairways with it and 2 of them were 1 yard off the fairway and non penal. Distance was good too.

What a day.

Never hit an oban but the red tie worked really well with my transition. It's pretty aggressive so I'd say you are spot on. My plan was to put the whiteboard in at the turn but I simply couldn't risk changing anything. It was working that well for me. I only missed 3 fairways with it and 2 of them were 1 yard off the fairway and non penal. Distance was good too.

What a day.

I only played one round with each shaft. I haven't had anytime at the range with either. I hope to get that in after the new year. The driver itself is pretty forgiving on the toe. I like the performance not sure if i like it enough to take the g25 out of my bag at this point.

The only highlight of my round yesterday was my Biocell+ (cold, sick and sore. I probably shouldn't have played). I'm really getting a feel for it. I had a bit of a case of the rights, but I'm putting that on the above reasons. This driver feels so good and works so well with my miss, I can't can't can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can get some real results.

so in love with the BC+. Another solid round, only missed 3 FW's with it and only one was really penal. ball flight might be a tad high with the red tie shaft but I don't want to touch it right now. something along the lines of "if it aint broke..."

so in love with the BC+. Another solid round, only missed 3 FW's with it and only one was really penal. ball flight might be a tad high with the red tie shaft but I don't want to touch it right now. something along the lines of "if it aint broke..."
I am very pleased with mine. I hit it well on monday. Looking forward to next time out.

20150123_140812.jpg

Spent some time hitting my new Bio Cell + this week and I am pretty impressed so far. I have it set at 8.5', and that seems to be a good ball flight for me. This is my first driver with a smaller than 460cc headshape. I have found plenty of forgiveness so far, but haven't been able to really find the center of the clubface consistently. I have been missing the center low and towards the heel while moving away from the ball has resulted in hits high on the toe, so I need some finer adjustments. That being said I was hitting it well. I hit 5 balls on the mats at Golftec last night in a long drive competiton. I hit all 5 drives on the 40yd wide grid, and hit drives of 302, 312, 317, 265, and 324 yds. The high toe miss was the 265yd drive that snapped back to the middle after starting way right. I was pretty happy they all stayed on course and I won a free swing evaluation out of the deal. Even my best drive wasn't in the center of the face and I was hanging back quite a bit at impact so I definitely left some distance on the table. I am really liking the + version for the lower spin, better ball flight and it is nearly as forgiving as my standard Bio Cell with more distance.

Last edited:
I love this driver bump...

I'm with ya 1000% sparks. Bio+ is so much fun, so easy, and looks and sounds so beautiful, she's just addictive. Stupid me, I let her go home with another man today after our round. darnall is re-gripping my sticks for me BUT what has me doubly worried about my driver is just how amazing he hit his own 'new' cobra fairway wood and hybrid this afternoon. First time playing them and WOW!

I am very pleased with mine. I hit it well on monday. Looking forward to next time out.

What do you like better Bio cell+ or Fly Z+?

I'm with ya 1000% sparks. Bio+ is so much fun, so easy, and looks and sounds so beautiful, she's just addictive. Stupid me, I let her go home with another man today after our round. darnall is re-gripping my sticks for me BUT what has me doubly worried about my driver is just how amazing he hit his own 'new' cobra fairway wood and hybrid this afternoon. First time playing them and WOW!

545 vs BioCell+ will be my driver battle this year.

I was anticipating the Fly-Z's release but I may just grab the Bio Cell +. I hit the Bio Cell so well at a local Golf Galaxy that I don't really think the Fly-z would be much of an improvement. Especially after all the things I've heard negatively about it compared to the Bio Cell, I still need to swing the Fly-Z though.

That was my battle as well. Looking forward to see which one wins you over

For me i think it's finding a little different shaft for the 545, the red tie works from for me in the Bio Cell+

Can someone remind me what the numbers are if i use a regular bio cell adapter in a bio cell+

Can someone remind me what the numbers are if i use a regular bio cell adapter in a bio cell+
On Bio+ MyFly 8 includes 8, 8.5, 8.5d, 9.5, 9.5d, 10.5, 10.5d, and 11. I think that would mean the Bio+ actual head loft would be 1 degree less than your regular Bio adapter reads?

On Bio+ MyFly 8 includes 8, 8.5, 8.5d, 9.5, 9.5d, 10.5, 10.5d, and 11

how does that work if i insert a shaft that has the regular bio cell (non +) into a Bio Cell + head, i am guessing just subtract one

yeah I think that's be right? I'm no expert though

how does that work if i insert a shaft that has the regular bio cell (non +) into a Bio Cell + head, i am guessing just subtract one

I don't know that there's a difference. Both are MyFly8. Maybe the Pro had a different adapter? I remember doing my Cobra fitting and the fitter took the red tie out of the plus and put it in the regular with no need for compensation. I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still love mine and from the sounds it's making now...I may have knocked it senseless. Or it knows I'm eyeing another driver pretty badly.

I still love mine and from the sounds it's making now...I may have knocked it senseless. Or it knows I'm eyeing another driver pretty badly.

oh they know, they have souls

Just stopped in to say that my bio+ is staying in the bag for 2015. I had my best driving round ever this past weekend. I pulled driver on 12 holes and hit 11 of those fairways. I can't imagine any of the new stuff doing better for me... I am gonna game it till I break it :)

Just stopped in to say that my bio+ is staying in the bag for 2015. I had my best driving round ever this past weekend. I pulled driver on 12 holes and hit 11 of those fairways. I can't imagine any of the new stuff doing better for me... I am gonna game it till I break it :)

It's a good stick for sure, congrats on the fairways hit this driver is a fairway finder for sure.

Could fit a variety, all comes back to the swing at hand. As a broad statement this is their "players" driver of the two, with the lower spin and launch and fade bias it will def lean towards a certain portion of golfers.
Sweet I might have to demo this low rated driver then. A lot of times reviews are all over the board but with my ability to work the ball in either direction and shape shots at will with every club but putter , this dirt cheap driver($69.99 on ebay right now brand new) might be worth putting through the paces. I like the K 15 as of right now but I'm running out of lead tape home slice.

Back